60's 70's 80's Kids

Unionjack

60's,70's80's Kids

This thread is for us all to place the things that we had as a kid but that are no longer around

As its getting towards Xmas and I spent a lot of my childhood in America till I was 12 I thought I would post a couple of toys that I remember fondly.

Big Loo - I got this in Xmas 63. It had loadsa weapons and you could talk thru a hole in the back of his head that made you sound luke a robot! Well it did to a 6 year old kid. To get one off evilbay in good nick in his box would cost you $1k They were $10 when I got mine apparently

5c19d44d93183_BigLou.jpg.a718673322d67b971a16a16af5314326.jpg

This was a bike I got for Xmas 67. I remember 1st seeing it in the shop. They were different with the rams horn handlebars and gear stick. The one I wanted was gold metalflake but got one that was purple metalflake but when I saw it Xmas morning I didn't care. For a year I was bombing round Nellis air force base Las Vegas from 1st light till dark! Only had it for a year cause I got a mini bike the next Xmas. Used to go with my mate bombing around the desert with our daisy BB rifles catching lizards to race and swap at school.

Schwinn-Vintage-1.jpg.b396075a7240c597673b327081fdb6be.jpg

We moved to London in Oct 69 when my dad went to Viet Nam. My uncle was a bit of a lad. Proper old Chelsea nutter and was big into the soul scene. So I really owe all Ive done since then to him. Anywats for my 1st Xmas here he bought me a Dansette record player and a record token that he took me to Boots and spent a whole afternoon listening to records in one of those booth things that had speakers in it. I spent every spare penny I had on records and clothes after that lol

Dansette.jpg.927f51bbf67a3bafda0fc50245b7242f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really thought this would be a fun thread! Oh well I'll carry on,

Lots of beer not around now than when I started out. (probably for the best as alot was like cats piss) But I was a cucky lad and went out with the daughter of a pub owner when I was 14 and as my uncle took me in with him they assumed I was of age. But seemed easier to get served under age back when.

I started out drinking mild and bitter. Then went to Manns brown and Barley wine. Very nice actually.

But you dont see these around now eh lads! Wont say lasses as I can't imagine them drinking them.

5c25c32acbfba_NannsBrown.thumb.JPG.d9dceb1268d8879d51fa1ad4c40d4d69.JPG

5c25c32b9725b_DoubleDiamond.jpeg.2c0b63edd0e928747c651c4b335b46ac.jpeg

Only good thing Party 7s and  Party 4s was for taking to partys Really was gnasts piss

5c25c32c7a3a5_Party7.thumb.jpg.a11de1d6c4ebf8bdeb6dc3e0a960012c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that peeps would like this thread!

Heres some sweets that were around when I was a kid, Dunno if theyre around now. Seen a Caramac once in a blue moon. One of the best UK choc bars theres been. Along with Galaxy!

Caramac.jpg.e0c71e55707182e035499935c43c166c.jpg

Cola Cubes

5c32076bdbbf6_Colacubes.thumb.jpg.4479dc93d3ed13229cc4e1b98bdf9caa.jpg

Flying Saucers

Flying_saucer_(confectionery).thumb.jpg.9a415d044eb65b2d0ebba9da182e3ac8.jpg

Nice one UJ. Just noticed this thread.

Ah the Watney 7s - remember those and associate them with a kid who was Slade mad -had every record, dressed like them etc. And that Caramac was nice, weird that it was diarrhea colour though. 

Before that as a kid. we were pretty poor. I remember having a nicked bike and a catapult. But we still went to Stamford bridge in the 60s. so it must have been cheap :D

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Nice one UJ. Just noticed this thread.

Ah the Watney 7s - remember those and associate them with a kid who was Slade mad -had every record, dressed like them etc. And that Caramac was nice, weird that it was diarrhea colour though. 

Before that as a kid. we were pretty poor. I remember having a nicked bike and a catapult. But we still went to Stamford bridge in the 60s. so it must have been cheap :D

Up till I was 12/13 all I can remember pretty much is my folks rowing so I'd be out till it got dark. And being in the States in USAF bases near deserts I'd be off hunting lizards on me bike or later when I got a mini bike. Dont think kids could do that now tho. Some pedo would get them. I'd have shot him with my air rifle tho. All US boy kids got one as soon as we could walk lol

You can add whatever you can think of mate. Telly,clothes,bookd etc etc

Some of the entertainment we had in the 70s

When Convoy came out there was an explosion of peeps illegally using AM CB radios. We had them in our cars. Homes. Had lots of gatherings 'Eyeballs'.

We had one in the flat (my handle was of course Unionjack and the Mrs was Sweet Cider) with a 15 foot ariall on the roof and I used this 400 W power booster so all the neighbours would hear me coming thru their telly lol Used to be a crack. Long before mobiles of course. Used to talk to peeps all rond the world on good days.

This is my old rig

5c3c1d9bb923c_HamConcord.jpg.42022ccbc4af0b8c928b47a46eca8cd1.jpg

8 trackCassette players were big then they stopped lol

5c3c1deb7644e_8track.jpg.7440ef2aa5ce6ba3561c96f714eaf7aa.jpg

Laser discs. Bloody expensive but at the time great clear picture.

laser.thumb.jpg.de3d930f687ee91a0b13be205596d60e.jpg