test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vybzkartel

Paul Pogba

Started by Vybzkartel,

43 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Emenalo did a wonderful job up until Mourinho came back. We had a quality squad when Mourinho, you could see the benefits of a DoF back then. Mou came in wanted more power and we changed the structure a bit and Emenalo ended up losing a bit of power. 

I'm not as confident that I know the details, or the timeline, of what happened and why. I thought ME did a good job and consistently defended him against the regular attacks. It is nevertheless true that there were hundreds of posts criticising him, claiming that he was not qualified and calling for him to be sacked. His critics blamed him for everything they felt went wrong.

I say again, ME's tenure is good evidence that it's not the mere fact of having a DoF which will make people happy. It's having one who agrees with them.

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You mean Emenalo? What proven record did he have to become Chelsea director. He is now sporting director at Monaco and after one just one year at the job Monaco is in relegation zone.

Emenalo neither had a great football career like Ballack or a proven record as DoF like Marotta before joining Chelsea.

That's not my point 11D. Indeed your continued criticism of ME is further proof that my original point was, and is, correct.

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's not my point 11D. Indeed your continued criticism of ME is further proof that my original point was, and is, correct.

No you are making a ridiculous assumption. Like I said before it is  bullshit.

People want a football legend like Ballack I say, your answer is but they criticized Emenalo.

I say people want someone like Beppe Marotta who has proven himself at Juve, your answer is but people criticized Emenalo.

Clockwork likes this

Just now, 11Drogba said:

No you are making a ridiculous assumption. Like I said before it bullshit.

People want a football legend like Ballack I say, your answer is but they criticized Emenalo.

I say people want someone like Beppe Marotta who has proven himself at Juve, your answer is but people criticized Emenalo.

You have not read enough of the thread. If you do you will see the point I'm making.

Unionjack likes this

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You have not read enough of the thread. If you do you will see the point I'm making.

I read the whole thread I still think your assumption is not correct. I would not say most people if I were you, yes some people will never be satisfied with our transfers but I genuinely think that most want Chelsea to be run like other successful clubs in Europe. A competent DoF would be the first step.

Unionjack likes this

12 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I read the whole thread I still think your assumption is not correct. I would not say most people if I were you, yes some people will never be satisfied with our transfers but I genuinely think that most want Chelsea to be run like other successful clubs in Europe. A competent DoF would be the first step.

OK then.

40 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

No you are making a ridiculous assumption. Like I said before it is  bullshit.

I like ballack he's a great guy and Chelsea legend aswell but he has no experience for DOF role we should go luis campos for DOF role he did great job at Monaco

50 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

32 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Its not the board thread but I think you'tre both right.

I would put in a DOF with experience of doing deals at top level. Someone thats been in charge of a large scouting group and has contacts around Europe.

But I would also bring in and hire as many of our old guard as possible. Make good use of them. Make them scouts,ambassadors,coaches,big brothers, etc etc

Utilize our assets.

I wouldn't want this clown anywhere near our football club. He has an ego the size of a small planet. 

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

You mean Emenalo? What proven record did he have to become Chelsea director. He is now sporting director at Monaco and after one just one year at the job Monaco is in relegation zone.

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its not the board thread but I think you'tre both right.

I would put in a DOF with experience of doing deals at top level. Someone thats been in charge of a large scouting group and has contacts around Europe.

But I would also bring in and hire as many of our old guard as possible. Make good use of them. Make them scouts,ambassadors,coaches,big brothers, etc etc

Utilize our assets.

11D may very well be right in everything he said other than that he seems not to have understood the very narrow point I have been making.

I said he may be right, but in fact I think he is overly critical of ME. I think he simplifies the areas of responsibilities and seems to me to blame ME for everything he, 11D, did not agree with. I don't believe we fans have enough information to be so definitive in apportioning blame. The same goes for the criticism people now level at Marina. They have not the first clue what her real responsibilities and parameters are, yet they comment as if they know all of that, and have read her brief from the board and the owner as well. Whether what I say in this paragraph is right or wrong, it has nothing to do with the original point.

I'll take your advice here and post anything else I want to say on ME/MG in the right thread.

Unionjack likes this

3 hours ago, manpe said:

His agent is Mino Raiola. I've heard the club refuses to deal with him, no? Nevertheless, don't want him, he'd just be a distraction.

Yes, it's moot.  I don't think it's that we just flat out won't deal with Raiola, but we won't pay his "agent fees".  Hence why Lukaku is at Utd.  That pretty much means that we won't be signing any of his clients.  It's good in the long term because he's always angling for his clients to get a move (more agent fees).

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm not as confident that I know the details, or the timeline, of what happened and why. I thought ME did a good job and consistently defended him against the regular attacks. It is nevertheless true that there were hundreds of posts criticising him, claiming that he was not qualified and calling for him to be sacked. His critics blamed him for everything they felt went wrong.

I say again, ME's tenure is good evidence that it's not the mere fact of having a DoF which will make people happy. It's having one who agrees with them.

But you agree that we were a better run club with a DoF irregardless of whether people liked him or not right?

23 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

But you agree that we were a better run club with a DoF irregardless of whether people liked him or not right?

I don't see any evidence either way on that front but I'm open to persuasion. What factors do you say suggest that things are less well run now that they were when ME was here?

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't see any evidence either way on that front but I'm open to persuasion. What factors do you say suggest that things are less well run now that they were when ME was here?

Hazard and Courtois's contract situation. We never had a problem of our players running down contracts. Our scouting has been shit the last 2 years. During Emenalo's peak we scouted KDB, Hazard, Lukaku, Courtois, Christensen, Piazon, Azpi, Ake, Neymar and a host of other younger up and talented group of players. All those players were supposed to be for an attacking philosophy we wanted implemented. Ever since Mou came back we have had a scatter gun approach to our transfer and scouting targets and for the amount of money spent we do not have much to show for it. A DoF would be accountable for both hits and misses and that alone will improve our sqaud massively as people wont fuck around buying dross when they know thye will get fired. Can you imagine a serious DoF buying Zappacosta, Drinkwater and Alonso for the amount of fees we paid and being allowed to keep their job?

Man Utd players BLASTED by Carrick as Pogba leads dressing room PARTY over Mourinho sack

PAUL POGBA shouted an incredible comment when Jose Mourinho was sacked by Manchester United.

Carrick was not prepared to let the players abuse their former manager when he took training in the immediate aftermath.

The United legend is said to have told Pogba and the rest of his team-mates that none of them are bigger than the club.

Carrick also said there would be no hesitation in selling players if things didn’t improve at Old Trafford.

Pogba was clearly delighted that Mourinho was axed though.

The Sun claim he exclaimed: “He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me.

“He fucked with the wrong baller.”

Player power at its worst!

Vesper, Sideshow Luiz and DDA like this

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Man Utd players BLASTED by Carrick as Pogba leads dressing room PARTY over Mourinho sack

PAUL POGBA shouted an incredible comment when Jose Mourinho was sacked by Manchester United.

Carrick was not prepared to let the players abuse their former manager when he took training in the immediate aftermath.

The United legend is said to have told Pogba and the rest of his team-mates that none of them are bigger than the club.

Carrick also said there would be no hesitation in selling players if things didn’t improve at Old Trafford.

Pogba was clearly delighted that Mourinho was axed though.

The Sun claim he exclaimed: “He thought he could make a fool of me and turn the fans against me.

“He fucked with the wrong baller.”

Player power at its worst!

I can't hate on Pogba, Mourinho shit on him DAILY in public.

I love him as a player, IF Juve get him in January, they go my top of heap for CL winners.

I dont think Juve can pull it off without coughing up some big time talent in a swap plus cash deal.

Dybala is not happy at Juve and his play reflects it, I so do NOT want to see him at Manure, that's massive trouble next year if he goes there.

Manure will eventually sort themselves, I have no illusions they wont. Worst possible thing (worse than Dybala even) is IF somehow Zindane ends up there and they sack Woodward and bring in a DoF who knows wtf he is doing. I think Monchi is angling for the job, and he,unfortunately, might work out and certainly aids in getting ZZ.

They REALLY need to fix their back 4, its worse than ours by a lot, and we are far from rock solid.

I am staggered they dont play Martial at CF. He would be 2nd name on the line-up card (after De Gea) almost every match for me.

If they are smart they sell Donkeylu and go for Dybala with Pogs as bait and start dumping almost all of those wuthless CB's (Lindelöf is worth keeping IMHO)

I still do not buy into Alexis Sánchez being done. I think a lot of that was Mou. We shall see, although he is out for around a month..

Unionjack likes this