Paul Pogba

Vybzkartel

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well we had a DoF of course and most people gave him constant stick. Pretty good evidence that it's not just having a Dof, it's having one whose decisions they agree with. Or, put it another way, one who agrees with them.

You mean Emenalo? What proven record did he have to become Chelsea director. He is now sporting director at Monaco and after one just one year at the job Monaco is in relegation zone.

Emenalo neither had a great football career like Ballack nor a proven record as DoF like Marotta before joining Chelsea.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Emenalo did a wonderful job up until Mourinho came back. We had a quality squad when Mourinho, you could see the benefits of a DoF back then. Mou came in wanted more power and we changed the structure a bit and Emenalo ended up losing a bit of power. 

I'm not as confident that I know the details, or the timeline, of what happened and why. I thought ME did a good job and consistently defended him against the regular attacks. It is nevertheless true that there were hundreds of posts criticising him, claiming that he was not qualified and calling for him to be sacked. His critics blamed him for everything they felt went wrong.

I say again, ME's tenure is good evidence that it's not the mere fact of having a DoF which will make people happy. It's having one who agrees with them.

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You mean Emenalo? What proven record did he have to become Chelsea director. He is now sporting director at Monaco and after one just one year at the job Monaco is in relegation zone.

Emenalo neither had a great football career like Ballack or a proven record as DoF like Marotta before joining Chelsea.

That's not my point 11D. Indeed your continued criticism of ME is further proof that my original point was, and is, correct.

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's not my point 11D. Indeed your continued criticism of ME is further proof that my original point was, and is, correct.

No you are making a ridiculous assumption. Like I said before it is  bullshit.

People want a football legend like Ballack I say, your answer is but they criticized Emenalo.

I say people want someone like Beppe Marotta who has proven himself at Juve, your answer is but people criticized Emenalo.

Just now, 11Drogba said:

No you are making a ridiculous assumption. Like I said before it bullshit.

People want a football legend like Ballack I say, your answer is but they criticized Emenalo.

I say people want someone like Beppe Marotta who has proven himself at Juve, your answer is but people criticized Emenalo.

You have not read enough of the thread. If you do you will see the point I'm making.

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You have not read enough of the thread. If you do you will see the point I'm making.

I read the whole thread I still think your assumption is not correct. I would not say most people if I were you, yes some people will never be satisfied with our transfers but I genuinely think that most want Chelsea to be run like other successful clubs in Europe. A competent DoF would be the first step.

12 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I read the whole thread I still think your assumption is not correct. I would not say most people if I were you, yes some people will never be satisfied with our transfers but I genuinely think that most want Chelsea to be run like other successful clubs in Europe. A competent DoF would be the first step.

OK then.

40 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

No you are making a ridiculous assumption. Like I said before it is  bullshit.

I like ballack he's a great guy and Chelsea legend aswell but he has no experience for DOF role we should go luis campos for DOF role he did great job at Monaco

50 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

32 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Its not the board thread but I think you'tre both right.

I would put in a DOF with experience of doing deals at top level. Someone thats been in charge of a large scouting group and has contacts around Europe.

But I would also bring in and hire as many of our old guard as possible. Make good use of them. Make them scouts,ambassadors,coaches,big brothers, etc etc

Utilize our assets.

27 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its not the board thread but I think you'tre both right.

I would put in a DOF with experience of doing deals at top level. Someone thats been in charge of a large scouting group and has contacts around Europe.

But I would also bring in and hire as many of our old guard as possible. Make good use of them. Make them scouts,ambassadors,coaches,big brothers, etc etc

Utilize our assets.

11D may very well be right in everything he said other than that he seems not to have understood the very narrow point I have been making.

I said he may be right, but in fact I think he is overly critical of ME. I think he simplifies the areas of responsibilities and seems to me to blame ME for everything he, 11D, did not agree with. I don't believe we fans have enough information to be so definitive in apportioning blame. The same goes for the criticism people now level at Marina. They have not the first clue what her real responsibilities and parameters are, yet they comment as if they know all of that, and have read her brief from the board and the owner as well. Whether what I say in this paragraph is right or wrong, it has nothing to do with the original point.

I'll take your advice here and post anything else I want to say on ME/MG in the right thread.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

His agent is Mino Raiola. I've heard the club refuses to deal with him, no? Nevertheless, don't want him, he'd just be a distraction.

Yes, it's moot.  I don't think it's that we just flat out won't deal with Raiola, but we won't pay his "agent fees".  Hence why Lukaku is at Utd.  That pretty much means that we won't be signing any of his clients.  It's good in the long term because he's always angling for his clients to get a move (more agent fees).

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm not as confident that I know the details, or the timeline, of what happened and why. I thought ME did a good job and consistently defended him against the regular attacks. It is nevertheless true that there were hundreds of posts criticising him, claiming that he was not qualified and calling for him to be sacked. His critics blamed him for everything they felt went wrong.

I say again, ME's tenure is good evidence that it's not the mere fact of having a DoF which will make people happy. It's having one who agrees with them.

But you agree that we were a better run club with a DoF irregardless of whether people liked him or not right?

23 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

But you agree that we were a better run club with a DoF irregardless of whether people liked him or not right?

I don't see any evidence either way on that front but I'm open to persuasion. What factors do you say suggest that things are less well run now that they were when ME was here?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You