test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vybzkartel

Paul Pogba

Started by Vybzkartel,

43 posts in this topic

I think we should really consider going for Pogba, he has the marketability as well as the skill set to play that number 8 as well as being a back up to Jorginho. His being incredibly misused by Mourinho

12 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

he has the marketability

People I talk to think he is just a temperamental narcissist like Ballotelli, so 'being a back up to Jorginho' would just have him sulking in a snood on the bench.

Apart from that, he is not a Chelsea type signing.

Unionjack likes this

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

People I talk to think he is just a temperamental narcissist like Ballotelli, so 'being a back up to Jorginho' would just have him sulking in a snood on the bench.

Apart from that, he is not a Chelsea type signing.

I meant more as a starting 8 but also back up to Jorginho since he has the quality to back him up. His versatile enough to play both positions. I think he would be a better buy than Kovacic plus his home grown. 

1 minute ago, Vybzkartel said:

I meant more as a starting 8 but also back up to Jorginho since he has the quality to back him up. His versatile enough to play both positions. I think he would be a better buy than Kovacic plus his home grown. 

Pretty certain the board wouldn't sanction whatever the Glazer freaks would want for him

Dazzy_Vance likes this

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Pretty certain the board wouldn't sanction whatever the Glazer freaks would want for him

One can only hope. I certainly would take a risk on him. This is why we need a Director of Football to help with decisions like this. Its still shocking to think we gave Alonso a 5 year contract when he still had 3 years on his contract to go. Conte tried to replace him from day one for example. I wouldnt be surprised if we over paid for Kovacic when there are chances to get a better player for less on the market.

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

DusXhDjXcAAQNvY.jpg:large

So this is how you respond to your manager being sacked? The fact that he posted this and deleted it minutes only minutes later shows he has no brain cells whatsoever

To be fair, it was a scheduled marketing post that went out at the wrong time. You can clearly see Adidas stuff in the hashtags.

23 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

This is why we need a Director of Football to help with decisions like this.

Presumably you mean one that agrees with you. That's usually what people mean when the say we need a DoF. :) 

!Hazard! likes this

His agent is Mino Raiola. I've heard the club refuses to deal with him, no? Nevertheless, don't want him, he'd just be a distraction.

16 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Presumably you mean one that agrees with you. That's usually what people mean when the say we need a DoF. :) 

Bullshit. Most people who say we need DoF want either a club legend for the job or someone like Beppe Marotta who has a proven record. This is how most successful clubs are run in Europe.

35 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Regardless of Paul Pogba we need a DoF. Our transfer strategy is all over the place and our contract situations too. A full time DoF would help with that. Look at City, Roma and Juve they benefit well from having them around

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Bullshit. Most people who say we need DoF want either a club legend for the job or someone like Beppe Marotta who has a proven record. This is how most successful clubs are run in Europe.

Well we had a DoF of course and most people gave him constant stick. Pretty good evidence that it's not just having a DoF, it's having one whose decisions they agree with. Or, put it another way, one who agrees with them.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well we had a DoF of course and most people gave him constant stick. Pretty good evidence that it's not just having a Dof, it's having one whose decisions they agree with. Or, put it another way, one who agrees with them.

Emenalo did a wonderful job up until Mourinho came back. We had a quality squad when Mourinho, you could see the benefits of a DoF back then. Mou came in wanted more power and we changed the structure a bit and Emenalo ended up losing a bit of power. 

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well we had a DoF of course and most people gave him constant stick. Pretty good evidence that it's not just having a Dof, it's having one whose decisions they agree with. Or, put it another way, one who agrees with them.

You mean Emenalo? What proven record did he have to become Chelsea director. He is now sporting director at Monaco and after one just one year at the job Monaco is in relegation zone.

Emenalo neither had a great football career like Ballack nor a proven record as DoF like Marotta before joining Chelsea.

Fulham Broadway likes this