Nicolas Pepe

Unionjack

On 4/15/2019 at 10:03 PM, killer1257 said:

He is a Chelsea Fan, so I think we could have a chance

Hope that has a positive influence for us but I can't really see it. If he's a true Blue like you and me, then maybe, but if he's less committed than us he'll be guided by the same considerations any player would be. If that's the case, it's going to be bad news for us. He looks a real good player and that means lots of interest, including from clubs higher up the food chain than we are. Even if we're ban free, one of those will take him.

Will we be ban free though? Pepe looks to me like the player Chelsea hoped Bertrand Traore might be. Wouldn't it be ironic if we're unable to sign the real deal, in part, because of the way we signed the pretender?

Chelsea have lowered their asking price for Eden Hazard as they look to move quickly in the transfer market and secure the services of his replacement, Lille winger Nicolas Pepe, reports AS.

Belgium international Hazard could now move for around €100m rather than his initial price tag of €116m. with Real Madrid favourites for his signature.

This would allow the London club to move quicker than other potential suitors on a deal for Pepe.

Just now, the wes said:

Chelsea have lowered their asking price for Eden Hazard as they look to move quickly in the transfer market and secure the services of his replacement, Lille winger Nicolas Pepe, reports AS.

Belgium international Hazard could now move for around €100m rather than his initial price tag of €116m. with Real Madrid favourites for his signature.

This would allow the London club to move quicker than other potential suitors on a deal for Pepe.

I would be ok with that. We get a world class talent from Lille and Hazard, a player that once came from Lille to Chelsea, can leave to his new adventure. Pepe will be sold this summer, that is for sure. Hopefully, we get finally a world class talent. Pepe is a RW, so Pulisic, Willian and CHO would compete for the Hazard position. Maybe, Willy or CHO will also be sold

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm up for this as well. First left footed right winger since Robben. Pulisic tho also prefer to play on right wing so it will be interesting to see how we play. Willian and CHO will fight for left wing position. Now only Pedro's best position is right wing so it'll be much better.  

I'm up for this as well. First left footed right winger since Robben. Pulisic tho also prefer to play on right wing so it will be interesting to see how we play. Willian and CHO will fight for left wing position. Now only Pedro's best position is right wing so it'll be much better.  
Did Salah not play at the club?

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Did Salah not play at the club?

not according to Mo!!

roflamoooooooooooooooooooo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nicolas Pepe is set to snub interest from several Premier League heavyweights and sign for Bayern Munich.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/08/nicolas-pepe-makes-transfer-decision-amid-liverpool-manchester-united-interest-9871841/

We dodged a bullet AND no way Bayern still sign CHO, unless he totally gives us the bollocksing and leaves on a free next summer.

If it's true that he's off to Munich then that's a big disappointment for us. We need to talk about Bayern however.

Bayern are the unrivalled team in one of the world's most powerful economies. As a result their titanic sponsorship income helps keep their overall revenue near the top of the football rich list. They are an attractive destination for the world's great players and routinely have the pick of all the best young talent in Germany at little or no cost. Given this I think we must ask, are Bayern the biggest underachievers in European football? Being dominant domestically is no challenge for them, but what do they achieve in European competition? Nowhere near enough given their resources and advantages. Their fans are being short-changed.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If it's true that he's off to Munich then that's s big disappointment for us. We need to talk about Bayern however.

Bayern are the unrivalled team in one of the world's most powerful economies. As a result their titanic sponsorship income helps keep their overall revenue near the top of the football rich list. They are an attractive destination for the world's great players and routinely have the pick of all the best young talent in Germany at little or no cost. Given this I think we must ask, are Bayern the biggest underachievers in European football? Being dominant domestically is no challenge for them, but what do they achieve in European completion? Nowhere near enough given their resources and advantages. Their fans are being short-changed.

Better Bayern than any of the other EPL big teams. There was zero chance Lille was not going to sell him this summer, their director said that multiple times (obviously they would only sell if a fair price was given.

I am just devastated we did not (talking January 2019 window now, when the bans were looming hard) buy Barella and loan him back to Cagliari, Buy Piątek outright (instead we shit away 16m on Higs for six months of toiling, which is more than half what Piątek would have cost to buy PERM (plus his salary is almost 8 times times less than Higs at present grrr) an then do the buy and loan-back thing with Pepe and Lille. We knew the bans were coming, we should have grabbed those 3 players, 2 on the buy and loanback option, like we did with Pulisic (I will not go crazy and say we should have done it /buy and loanback) with 6, 8 players, that is madness)

Even if Piątek is not at Jovic or Werner, etc level (and his 30 goals in only 42 games at least shows he can bang them in) he still SURELY was worth £15m (the difference between owning him and loaning Higs for 6 months) to have him here and wholly owned. He is streets ahead of any striker we have had since Costa, and probably since Drogba. In his last 3 games against  the top 3 CL Serie A clubs (Juve, Napoli, Atalanta, he scored FIVE goals., 1 v Juve, 2 v Napoli, and 2 v Atalanta. His 'big' 'slump' was 5 goals produced in a 12 and a third game run (and he was carrying a knock in multiple games during that, including the game he left after only 28 minutes, and a couple others he also was subbed off for) Take that out, he scored 26 goals in the other 29 games.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Better Bayern than any of the other EPL big teams. There was zero chance Lille was not going to sell him this summer, their director said that multiple times (obviously they would only sell if a fair price was given.

I am just devastated we did not (talking January 2019 window now, when the bans were looming hard) buy Barella and loan him back to Cagliari, Buy Piątek outright (instead we shit away 16m on Higs for six months of toiling, which is more than half what Piątek would have cost to buy PERM (plus his salary is almost 8 times times less than Higs at present grrr) an then do the buy and loan-back thing with Pepe and Lille. We knew the bans were coming, we should have grabbed those 3 players, 2 on the buy and loanback option, like we did with Pulisic (I will not go crazy and say we should have done it /buy and loanback) with 6, 8 players, that is madness)

Even if Piątek is not at Jovic or Werner, etc level (and his 30 goals in only 42 games at least shows he can bang them in) he still SURELY was worth £15m (the difference between owning him and loaning Higs for 6 months) to have him here and wholly owned. He is streets ahead of any striker we have had since Costa, and probably since Drogba. In his last 3 games against  the top 3 CL Serie A clubs (Juve, Napoli, Atalanta, he scored FIVE goals., 1 v Juve, 2 v Napoli, and 2 v Atalanta. His 'big' 'slump' was 5 goals produced in a 12 and a third game run (and he was carrying a knock in multiple games during that, including the game he left after only 28 minutes, and a couple others he also was subbed off for) Take that out, he scored 26 goals in the other 29 games.

That would have been a better winter market for sure. The only defence I'll offer for the club is in regard to the Gonzalo signing. There they seem to have been deferring to the manager's wishes.

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Looks to be Liverpool bound atm. 

Liverpool supporters aren't being fooled by Nicolas Pepe transfer hoax

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-supporters-arent-being-fooled-16483470

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Liverpool supporters aren't being fooled by Nicolas Pepe transfer hoax

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-supporters-arent-being-fooled-16483470

Pretty reliable bloke when it comes to French football

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You