Nicolas Pepe

Unionjack

Lille president Gerard Lopez says Nicolas Pepe will be sold next season.

The 23-year-old Pepe is among the most highly-rated forwards in Europe and his transfer value is estimated at more than 50 million euros ($57 million). 

Pepe has scored 19 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions this season and has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Man Utd.

"Four or five players will leave this summer. Nicolas Pepe's departure is certain," Lopez told French soccer show Telefoot on Sunday. "He's entering a price (salary) range we can no longer pay. He will have a lot of choices."

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

Lille president Gerard Lopez says Nicolas Pepe will be sold next season.

The 23-year-old Pepe is among the most highly-rated forwards in Europe and his transfer value is estimated at more than 50 million euros ($57 million). 

Pepe has scored 19 goals in 33 appearances in all competitions this season and has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Man Utd.

"Four or five players will leave this summer. Nicolas Pepe's departure is certain," Lopez told French soccer show Telefoot on Sunday. "He's entering a price (salary) range we can no longer pay. He will have a lot of choices."

Arsenal will grab him I fear, especially if they get CL and Manure does not 

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

America's sweetheart and Buck has even mentioned about raising our profile over there.

Don't know how this is even a question

Its obvious he will sell shirts, BUT it wont just happen and he will become star over there with everyone buying a shirt.

If he flops big time, shirt sales wont be great and we wont make massive fanbase over there, with exception of the first couple ''hype'' months. We will either have to win stuff with him being important player or he will have to be individually brilliant (ala Hazard) to gain us massive popularity in USA in the long term.

USA already hyping over Adams and McKennie, if Pulisic flops and those two rise, we can forget about creating Chelsea domination in USA.

That said, I dont give a hell about our popularity in USA, would prefer if we actualy went for proven players that go along with our project.

Its obvious he will sell shirts, BUT it wont just happen and he will become star over there with everyone buying a shirt.
If he flops big time, shirt sales wont be great and we wont make massive fanbase over there, with exception of the first couple ''hype'' months. We will either have to win stuff with him being important player or he will have to be individually brilliant (ala Hazard) to gain us massive popularity in USA in the long term.
USA already hyping over Adams and McKennie, if Pulisic flops and those two rise, we can forget about creating Chelsea domination in USA.
That said, I dont give a hell about our popularity in USA, would prefer if we actualy went for proven players that go along with our project.

I'm expecting him to be another Oscar tbh (have bright spells but never make a real impression long term).

Better value was/is around

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I'm expecting him to be another Oscar tbh (have bright spells but never make a real impression long term).

I havent been this unexcited about arriving player in a long time. I had bigger hopes for Schurrle back in the day.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Name left-footed RWers you would take over Pepe.

Suso maybe. Bernardeschi for me, no. Hakim Ziyech maybe, but we would only get 2 full under 30yo seasons out of him if we bought him after the bans. Leon Bailey has collapsed this season. If he came on the cheap (he still wont) maybe.

Name left-footed RWers you would take over Pepe.
Suso maybe. Bernardeschi for me, no. Hakim Ziyech maybe, but we would only get 2 full under 30yo seasons out of him if we bought him after the bans. Leon Bailey has collapsed this season. If he came on the cheap (he still wont) maybe.
Pepe ticks all the boxes for him as an ideal signing. The fact he's openly spoken about his desire to join us, is the icing on the cake.

P.S. I was talking about Pulisic btw.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Arsenal will grab him I fear, especially if they get CL and Manure does not 

Our saving grace is that Arsenal won't offer him more wages than what we would and he is a Chels fan. 

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

P.S. I was talking about Pulisic btw.

omg, so sorry

my fault for not following the thread

yes, Pulisic has Oscar (or worse) potential written all over him

I so so so hope I am wrong

given he is so young I think I might be

but his goal scoring record is atrocious

and that was on pinball footie teams

I could see him as a great assist player

BUT

with Eden leaving

CHO maybe too

and pure dregs left

that may take awhile to see a fruitful return

EPL dumpster fires Higs and Giroud certainly will not aid the lad

let us all hope Tammy comes good in a huge way

What I like most about him above all others is that he likes the club automatically means he will fight for the badge unlike the mercenaires we have right now. Hope we get a transfer window and get him.

I haven't seen an awful lot of Pepe but his goal scoring record has been very good. If to try and compare him to someone, would it be fair to say he has similarities to Mane, albeit on the opposite wing?

I wouldn't be against this as we need more goals in our team.

To be honest if we get a transfer window, selling Hazard and Willian and using the funds (and likely a little more on top) to buy a left back, Pepe, striker and promote Reece James and despite losing our best player I think we would be a far better balanced team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You