Nicolas Pepe

Unionjack

59 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

With Hazard gone, Pepe is the best dribbler in the league. And he already showed it. Needs to do better in front of the goal tho. 

Nah. He might be one of the better tempo dribblers behind Sane, Salah, Mane and Sterling. But technically in terms of touch and close control I would say David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez and maybe even Kovacic are better. 

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nah. He might be one of the better tempo dribblers behind Sane, Salah, Mane and Sterling. But technically in terms of touch and close control I would say David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez and maybe even Kovacic are better. 

Where would you put Zaha on that list ??

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Bernardo Silva is a wizard.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Vesper said:

“Pepe is Walcott from Uber Eats” – Some Chelsea fans happy to have saved £72 million

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/10/pepe-walcott-uber-eats-chelsea-fans-happy-saved-72-million/

I bet ye the gunners are raging they didn't sign Zaha now 

14 hours ago, the wes said:

I bet ye the gunners are raging they didn't sign Zaha now 

Pepe one goal, two assists this season. Zaha zero goals one assist. But I agree Pepe doesn't look good. 

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pepe one goal, two assists this season. Zaha zero goals one assist. But I agree Pepe doesn't look good. 

Judging a player who had double figures for goals (22) and assists (11) last season in a side who finished 2nd for not looking good after like 7 games is ridiculous. Same as people saying Pulisic is obviously not good enough after 7 games cause he hasnt been playing. Pepe is only 24, if he was 27 or 28 I could understand but hes 24 and potentially needs to adapt. Also there is no way Zaha is better than him, he is one of the most overrated players in the PL.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:32 PM, the wes said:

Hada shocker last night seems like we dodged a bullet not getting him 

Way way too early to say this. He is a quality player and needs time to adapt. We have a similar situation with pulisic, only difference is that we actually have players to play to not let him suffer while the adaptation process is going on. 

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Yep. The people who write players off after 1 month are the ones who never learn.

But on the flip side that works both ways, the same sentence was said about the likes of Bakayoko, Gervinho, Keita, Bravo, Falcao and United version Alexis and the supposedly inevitable upturn in fortunes never came.

I did naturally assume Pepe will come good but watching him last few weeks (and keeping a close eye on him) I'm not too sure now, he looks like a left footed version of Adama Traore, there's one thing struggling to adapt it's another when teenage debutants are looking genuinely world class by comparison.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:26 PM, Tomo said:

But on the flip side that works both ways, the same sentence was said about the likes of Bakayoko, Gervinho, Keita, Bravo, Falcao and United version Alexis and the supposedly inevitable upturn in fortunes never came.

I did naturally assume Pepe will come good but watching him last few weeks (and keeping a close eye on him) I'm not too sure now, he looks like a left footed version of Adama Traore, there's one thing struggling to adapt it's another when teenage debutants are looking genuinely world class by comparison.

Alexis is perfect example of just how much age, club and pressure affect the player. 

People however forget Pepe has to adapt two things. First is the league and second is the style of football. He played counter attacking football for Lille and now he is playing in a possession based one. He might be one footed, but his speed and dribbling ability along with finishing make him very dangerous. He will adapt. Berardo Silva went through similar process, going from a counter attacking ligue 1 side into possesion based PL one and it took him awhile. He likewise looked like a flop in the beggining too.

Pepe, like Ndombele will make it in PL or at the very least in a top club. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You