• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

Alonso hitting the post, the only positive thing he done what a xmas joke he is , what a turkey, Emmerson needs to take his chance big time now! Another game we should have wrapped up early and chilled out but ohh no, ffs when will these players learn from their mistakes! 2-0 away from home , bring on Mikel ..game over.  Game management is shit at times

Problem with Emerson is he has barely taken his chances. On Thursday he looked dreadful which is sad because the LB spot is there for the taking 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

It's Christmas time so I will take results over aesthetics at the moment. I'm hoping we go on a 7 game win streak now

It is just a relief that our top 4 place will be cemented for quite a bit. We are 3 points ahead of Arsenal with a much better goal difference. Also have Leicester at home next week which should be a 3 pointer. If you had said to me before the City game last week that come next week we would be 3 points ahead of Arsenal, I would have laughed. I did not see them losing to Southampton or thought we would beat City but football is a strange game. B2B victories though. Lovely.

As others have said, Alonso was again terrible today. He needs to be dropped for a match or two to send him the message that he's not undroppable and that his standards aren't good enough. His talent going forward isn't even able to make up for his dreadful defending lately. 

Its one thing to get abused by the top teams, but small sides like Wolves and Brighton are targeting him and having plenty of joy.

Let us see Emerson, please! At least if he makes a mistake he's got bags of pace to recover. 

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am starting to agree, he has seemed to regress the last 2 months. In his slot he needs to score, and he isn't. I still hope he comes good.

I think our evolving opinions come from a mix of managers improving their plans against him, and of us calibrating our assessments a bit better. I think we've agreed before that Matt's natural style means he's not likely to become a regular goal threat so if the goals do come it'll be a very welcome surprise. 

A lot of people on here slating Alonso. Perhaps rightly so, but I've watched Emerson and the guy may be good at putting in crosses and getting down the wing, but in my opinion the guy cant defend !!!. I have seen him getting turned inside out, losing his man and at times being very tactically niave. If anything I would like an upgrade on both of them but in the mean time I'll stick with Alonso, only because of his free kicks and ability to score some cracking goals for us. He hit the post today with a peach.I understand he is lazy, slow and sloppy at times, but at the moment I see him as being better than Emerson.

But what would I know, I'm just an old, white, balding, visually impaired, ugly, teetotal, grumpy, unintelligent, heterosexual Chelsea supporter. (Think I broke all the "ism's" there:P:P)

8 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

teetotal

That's the real shocker Starman :D

Alonso was alright, and never mind about the commentator saying he should have been sent off-Andone and Stephens led a charmed life and should have seen red

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's the real shocker Starman :D

Alonso was alright, and never mind about the commentator saying he should have been sent off-Andone and Stephens led a charmed life and should have seen red

Done my drinking when it was cheaper :P:P ( and when I could handle it and the missus without getting in trouble :(:()

6 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Done my drinking when it was cheaper :P:P ( and when I could handle it and the missus without getting in trouble :(:()

Don't worry mate I drink your share!

I ran out of electric 5 mins into 2nd haf and had to drive around finding somewhere to top up!!

But looks like I didnm't miss much.

WTF is going on with RLC? Doesn't he know what to wear yet? And all the guys looking over to see whats happening - took their mind off the game - very amateur.

45 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Problem with Emerson is he has barely taken his chances. On Thursday he looked dreadful which is sad because the LB spot is there for the taking 

2bh most where pretty dreadful on thursday,but he has made less mistakes and looks more solid/better than Alonso 4sure! 2bh most would do abetter job than him in his form

55 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Don't worry mate I drink your share!

I ran out of electric 5 mins into 2nd haf and had to drive around finding somewhere to top up!!

But looks like I didnm't miss much.

WTF is going on with RLC? Doesn't he know what to wear yet? And all the guys looking over to see whats happening - took their mind off the game - very amateur.

It's unreal that a £25m plus player for a top 10 or so team in world cannot come to the pitch with his bloody socks sorted!

The way I see it, we are so limited tactically against ''smaller'' teams because of our FBs' inadequacies. The team rarely has them overlapping which makes the attacks predictable, easier to defend and so on. We were so lucky to come out of this game with 3 points, but the win will f**king mask these obvious deficiencies. It makes my boil to think that we have to get stuck with Alonso and Azpi as our first XI FBs. We're goona keep getting limited in attack against these kind of teams who have nothing to lose by getting 10 men behind the ball while defending. Any coach who want to play with 4 defenders will be limited because of these two, be it Sarri, Pep, Klopp or any other genius coach.

Chris Hughton names the two Chelsea players that should have been sent off against Brighton

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-hughton-brighton-alonso-luiz-15559858

Probly dosn't mention 4 or 5 yellows should have slapped extra on his players , ffs do me a favour Chris have yourself a good xmas  milkshake with marshmallows  and chill out