test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Brighton 1-2 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

173 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Stats said:

3 points!!! Arsenal lost. Great day :cig:

It's Christmas time so I will take results over aesthetics at the moment. I'm hoping we go on a 7 game win streak now

Johnnyeye and Stats like this

Just now, blues.bridge said:

i have seen only second half but: Alonso is ridiculous 3/10, Luiz is a disgrace 4/10 and Willian is Useless, he runs on the field without purpose, he does not press well, he does not create anything, he does a lot of precision mistakes or other 4/10

I kind of accepted it when he plays on rw because he is clearly better on left. But today was his same old average and he played in his preffered spot. Not cool. 

communicate and Johnnyeye like this

Alonso hitting the post, the only positive thing he done what a xmas joke he is , what a turkey, Emmerson needs to take his chance big time now! Another game we should have wrapped up early and chilled out but ohh no, ffs when will these players learn from their mistakes! 2-0 away from home , bring on Mikel ..game over.  Game management is shit at times

Vesper, kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

2 minutes ago, mccg said:

Alonso hitting the post, the only positive thing he done what a xmas joke he is , what a turkey, Emmerson needs to take his chance big time now! Another game we should have wrapped up early and chilled out but ohh no, ffs when will these players learn from their mistakes! 2-0 away from home , bring on Mikel ..game over.  Game management is shit at times

Problem with Emerson is he has barely taken his chances. On Thursday he looked dreadful which is sad because the LB spot is there for the taking 

Johnnyeye, Starman60 and Unionjack like this

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

In this case to our favour overall

Alonso should have surely been sent off

one of those rare days we get a break, if it was any other ref Alonso is off , you can put your money on it

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am starting to agree, he has seemed to regress the last 2 months. In his slot he needs to score, and he isn't. I still hope he comes good.

I think our evolving opinions come from a mix of managers improving their plans against him, and of us calibrating our assessments a bit better. I think we've agreed before that Matt's natural style means he's not likely to become a regular goal threat so if the goals do come it'll be a very welcome surprise. 

Vesper likes this

A lot of people on here slating Alonso. Perhaps rightly so, but I've watched Emerson and the guy may be good at putting in crosses and getting down the wing, but in my opinion the guy cant defend !!!. I have seen him getting turned inside out, losing his man and at times being very tactically niave. If anything I would like an upgrade on both of them but in the mean time I'll stick with Alonso, only because of his free kicks and ability to score some cracking goals for us. He hit the post today with a peach.I understand he is lazy, slow and sloppy at times, but at the moment I see him as being better than Emerson.

But what would I know, I'm just an old, white, balding, visually impaired, ugly, teetotal, grumpy, unintelligent, heterosexual Chelsea supporter. (Think I broke all the "ism's" there:P:P)

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That's the real shocker Starman :D

Alonso was alright, and never mind about the commentator saying he should have been sent off-Andone and Stephens led a charmed life and should have seen red

Done my drinking when it was cheaper :P:P ( and when I could handle it and the missus without getting in trouble :(:()

Fulham Broadway, DDA and Johnnyeye like this

45 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Problem with Emerson is he has barely taken his chances. On Thursday he looked dreadful which is sad because the LB spot is there for the taking 

2bh most where pretty dreadful on thursday,but he has made less mistakes and looks more solid/better than Alonso 4sure! 2bh most would do abetter job than him in his form

37 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

The same players are mentioned every week among supporters. Every fan can see it. Why can’t the manager?

He obviously does see what we see. He just seems to assess it differently.

Starman60 and Johnnyeye like this

55 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Don't worry mate I drink your share!

I ran out of electric 5 mins into 2nd haf and had to drive around finding somewhere to top up!!

But looks like I didnm't miss much.

WTF is going on with RLC? Doesn't he know what to wear yet? And all the guys looking over to see whats happening - took their mind off the game - very amateur.

It's unreal that a £25m plus player for a top 10 or so team in world cannot come to the pitch with his bloody socks sorted!

Starman60 likes this