Unionjack, Where'd You Go?

manpe

21 hours ago, DDA said:

Amen to that brother. 

I am still a firm believer that even though the MemberOfTheMonth award ended in a fair amount of arguments (all trivial)... it also spurred people on to post more in quantity and quality. Popularity can drive the Modern Man. I'm pretty positive that accolade drove people to use this forum over the others. What else could have caused the sudden decline in activity on here.

Could be, but its effect wasn't as big as you make it out to be imo. Long after these games were abolished this place was still buzzing. True, the MOTM thing brought out the best and the worst in some, but quality posters still stuck around since it was never the main purpose of this place. The main things that imho killed and are killing this place, are 1) too light-handed bannings or bullying of people who thought differently (which caused domino effects of more people quitting because of this), 2) The rise of social media platforms, 3) Jim's complete indifference (new members still can't register FFS). 4) Lack of donations due to the beforementioned reasons reducing active userbase.

I firmly believe such decline could have been avoided if the forum was run better.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, DDA said:

I was about in those days but yea, the top posters like Term X, Zolayes?, WeHateScouse, peace, LDNBlue and guys like NicolasCFC, Stingray ect.. are sorely missed around here. 😞

I miss EskWeston posts he was a top poster about the youth team 🙁

2 hours ago, manpe said:

:lol:

But tbh, despite all their annoyances, they were top posters. By them I mean all the controversial misfits like Leif, Henrique, TermX, Sloth/Kojo, Justin3D... and more whose names I don't recall. I would take them all back in an instant because they gave this place some colour and were driven out unjustly (I think most if not all oldies would agree with me). I'm still sad over Leif's banning not so long ago, we badly miss his humorous and in-depth contribution. I used to come on here high and laugh my ass off on his posts. :D  Him and Kojo were my two best mates on here, had some dope conversations in private, good lads really. :( The only one I wouldn't take back is zolayes, because like @Tomo pointed out he got too arrogant in later years and got some of my favourite posters banned, didn't contribute much beyond drama and short one sentence posts.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Could be, but its effect wasn't as big as you make it out to be imo. Long after these games were abolished this place was still buzzing. True, the MOTM thing brought out the best and the worst in some, but quality posters still stuck around since it was never the main purpose of this place. The main things that imho killed and are killing this place, are 1) too light-handed bannings or bullying of people who thought differently (which caused domino effects of more people quitting because of this), 2) The rise of social media platforms, 3) Jim's complete indifference (new members still can't register FFS). 4) Lack of donations due to the beforementioned reasons reducing active userbase.

I firmly believe such decline could have been avoided if the forum was run better.

I agree with everything said and maybe you are right about the MoTM award not being the reason to why posters stuck around. The banning of people was a snowball effect, it seemed there was a period when the Mods just had enough of certain differences and arguements and laid the law down. I think in the long run it ripped the heart out of the forum. 😔 i wonder if it will ever return to past glory! There are still some good posters around, just need more of them and more regularity.

Hello ya buggas! Only been gone a few weeks! Landed at 3am and after 3 days without kip and a 10 hour flight I gotta say I'm knackered. Takes awhile to get my head together nowadays!

Must admit it was a bit emotional there for first couple of weeks. Lost my Mrs there end of last year and was 1st time I'd been there without her. In our same house etc it was strange. But her old man came out with me for the 1st 2 weeks so it was handy.

Then I'm sitting in a bar at silly o'clock one nigh with my mate Ebeneezer Good and a old mate of ours who stayed with us there for 6 months a few years back turned up so she came and stayed with me. Got me back to my old self again Shes from Israel. Only half my age but reckon she might be coming to London. We shall see!

Anyways. You know what I think of you lot. You're sad gits! No - You're a good bunch and appreciate the messages and thoughts.

Hope you and yours are all healthy and happy.

Love and peace!!

ddbf3dcb38f51e144900a5a2494c0d3e.gif

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hello ya buggas! Only been gone a few weeks! Landed at 3am and after 3 days without kip and a 10 hour flight I gotta say I'm knackered. Takes awhile to get my head together nowadays!

Must admit it was a bit emotional there for first couple of weeks. Lost my Mrs there end of last year and was 1st time I'd been there without her. In our same house etc it was strange. But her old man came out with me for the 1st 2 weeks so it was handy.

Then I'm sitting in a bar at silly o'clock one nigh with my mate Ebeneezer Good and a old mate of ours who stayed with us there for 6 months a few years back turned up so she came and stayed with me. Got me back to my old self again Shes from Israel. Only half my age but reckon she might be coming to London. We shall see!

Anyways. You know what I think of you lot. You're sad gits! No - You're a good bunch and appreciate the messages and thoughts.

Love and peace!!

great seeing you here again mate, i hope everything is ok. Cheers and happy holidays ;)

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Love and peace!!

It's great to see you back mate 😃😃

I read thru the old legends thread and the Pub etc way back and loved seeing the banter. Some of it misunderstood IMHO and rather harmless.

Its quite difficult at times to KEEP active and I reckon its got to be in your personality or not.

But I do think you lads who were about and know all the old posters should drop them a email or even a msg on here. Let them know they're being thought of and not forgotten.

And Jason cant you send out a bulk Email even just wishing new/old members a happy holidays (not Xmas as a lot of diff religions etc etc) Remind them TC is still around (Even if we can't sign any new members!!!!) Would be cool to get some life about.

I tell ya I put all the shit I make in Photoshop up on Pinterest and always link back to the site with them all. And I keep getting sarcastic remarks saying why am I linking to a site that they can't join. It's quite embarrassing that its gone on for so long.

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

And Jason cant you send out a bulk Email even just wishing new/old members a happy holdays (not Xmas as a lot of diff religions etc etc) Remind them TC is still around (Even if we can't sign any new members!!!!) Would be cool to get some life about.

I tell ya I put all the shit I make in Photoshop up on Pinterest and always link back to the site with them all. And I keep getting sarcastic remarks saying why am I linking to a site that they can't join. It's quite embarrassing that its gone on for so long.

Great idea. Let's make TC great again.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

It's a fucking travesty I tell ya :middlefinger: You see I've been giving Jim some shit in the feedback thread, like talking to a brick wall. Actually I'm fairly certain he's done it on purpose, slowly killing the forum off to free server space especially since he's not getting any donations from here anymore and no relevant ad traffic. The explanation that forum software needs to be updated is barely believable and a total cop out, most likely bullshit because software doesn't just break itself like that unless you lend a hand to it... even if that was the reason it would take a few hours tops to update it, not half a fucking year!