• Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

First place is secured. No first team player should even leave England. Give others their chance. Let's see what Danny Drinkwater has in his pocket...

He is not in the EL squad so he won't be able to play. But hopefully the likes of CHO and Ampadu are able to impress again. Will be interesting to see if he starts both Giroud and Morata together or one of them.

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

First place is secured. No first team player should even leave England. Give others their chance. Let's see what Danny Drinkwater has in his pocket...

Get the suspicious feeling that Sarri will take a few first team players to Hungary as he's not going to play the kids all of a sudden.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Get the suspicious feeling that Sarri will take a few first team players to Hungary as he's not going to play the kids all of a sudden.

Will he be able even if he wanted to? I imagine most if not all have played in the UYL which makes them ineligible.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Will he be able even if he wanted to? I imagine most if not all have played in the UYL which makes them ineligible.

Isn't there a B-list which we can use players from?

If Sarri is wise, he'll put out a XI like this...

Caballero

Zappacosta
Cahill
Christensen
Emerson

Fabregas
Barkley
Loftus-Cheek

Hudson-Odoi
Willian
Giroud

Could maybe throw in Ampadu for someone in there. But guess what I was trying to say in the previous post is that Sarri might unexpectedly play someone like Kante, Kepa etc. It's already not ideal that some other players would have to travel to Hungary just to fill up the bench...

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Isn't there a B-list which we can use players from?

If Sarri is wise, he'll put out a XI like this...

Caballero

Zappacosta
Cahill
Christensen
Emerson

Fabregas
Barkley
Loftus-Cheek

Hudson-Odoi
Willian
Giroud

Could maybe throw in Ampadu for someone in there. But guess what I was trying to say in the previous post is that Sarri might unexpectedly play someone like Kante, Kepa etc. It's already not ideal that some other players would have to travel to Hungary just to fill up the bench...

Ampadu in for Cahill would be nice. Dont think the team will be too dissimilar to that.

The squad for this game...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/12/12/blues-touch-down-in-hungary

Willy Caballero
Marcin Bulka
Jamie Cumming
Davide Zappacosta
Ethan Ampadu
Andreas Christensen
David Luiz
Emerson
Marcos Alonso
Cesc Fabregas
Jorginho
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Ross Barkley
George McEachran
Willian
Pedro
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Alvaro Morata
Olivier Giroud

I'd go really radical and play: -

Marcin

Davide, Andreas, Ethan, Emerson

George, Ruben, Ross

Willian, Olivier, Callum

Then I'd look to use Callum, Ethan & George for no more than 70 minutes to rest them for the big 18s game on Monday night. I know not everyone would see it that way, and probably won't see the point of Callum or Ethan playing in that game, but I really enjoy the youth cup and really want to get that record. United are quite probably the best U18s side in the country this year and of course they've got a big motivation to stop us taking away their record. All in all, away to United is the toughest draw we could get for our first game in this year's competition.

21 minutes ago, the wes said:

The teams that drop into the europa league Napoli, Valencia, Inter Milan, Benfica, Vikoria Plzen, Club Brugge, Shakhtar Donetsk, Galatasaray.

Sarri vs ADL would be interesting 😂😂😂

It sure would be haha

Europa League seems quite competitive this season with so many quality teams in it. Chelsea, Arsenal, Napoli, Shaktar, Inter + few more would surely have enough quality to play in CL knockout stages