test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Man City

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

443 posts in this topic

Why bring Emerson into the squad to not start him?

That's a bigger talking point than Sarri going with a false nine again in a big game.

False 9 and Emerson suddenly in the group after being left out whole season, except for the cups. In case of emergency if Alonso (and he will) struggle too much.

God he is so stubborn

Interesting to see how this game plan pans out though. For last two months the only attacking plan has basically been crosses to the box, surely this time that won't work without a target in the box

Fucking hell. Honestly, a false 9 almost can't be worse than what we've been using. But Alonslow starts again.

I'm not sure I will watch this. Might just follow along on Twitter to spare myself of the anger and frustration.

What's pissing me off everyone and their grandma know Alonso is the weak link but this arrogant prick can't get it through his skull, can't wait for Gus to take over after we exit the Europa in February and top 4 out of reach 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fucking hell. Honestly, a false 9 almost can't be worse than what we've been using. But Alonslow starts again.

I'm not sure I will watch this. Might just follow along on Twitter to spare myself of the anger and frustration.

It's really sad it's com down to this, can you imagine pre 2012 ever thinkin of not watching a Chelsea game ?? 

Oh well, I was calling for Sarri to do something different and surprise them. Not exactly what I had in mind, but we'll see soon enough.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Oh well, I was calling for Sarri to do something different and surprise them. Not exactly what I had in mind, but we'll see soon enough.

Not with fucking Alonso starting 

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes. Finaly Pedro, Willian and Hazard, something I suggested a while ago. It just cant be worse than Morata or Giroud.

On the other side, sad that Alonso is starting but that was expected. 

Exactly.  How's the false 9 worse than having a striker is is always offside or on the ground, or Giroud who's just not good enough to be our starter?  Jorginho is going to get pressed.  City are going to mark our options from the back.  Having our striker come deeper may well help us play out.  We'll see what happens.  I can't see where we would have had time to work on this, but let's see.

They are the best team in Europe, so at least attack them. Fuck this suffer without the ball. Attack them. I don't expect us to win at all but attack them.

Vesper likes this

2-2 draw coming here. We will totally dominate this game and City will just scrape a draw. And yes, I am feeling a lot better following my bang on the head :P:P.

Seriously though, not happy with the line up. He reminds me of a guy playing Football Manager that just quick picks his strongest, most expensive players and shoves them into his team in the hope of a decent result.

I think that attack is going to work well against City in all honesty. I just worry about Alonso. He needs to have the game of his life tonight.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

I think that attack is going to work well against City in all honesty. I just worry about Alonso. He needs to have the game of his life tonight.

Alonso will probably play even more as an attacker than ever before in this false 9 setup

I'm not even mad at Sarri or place any real blame on him. Perhaps he was naive in thinking we could trust the strikers we had going into the season. But we have to remember that he showed up super late and didn't really have time to properly determine what he needed.

That he continues to persist with Alonso is puzzling and even infuriating, though. He doesn't have to be dropped indefinitely but ffs, at least give Emerson a few games!

DDA likes this