test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Man City

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      3
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Luiz
      19
    • Alonso
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      4
    • Kovacic
      0
    • Willian
      0
    • Pedro
      1
    • Hazard
      2
    • Barkley (sub)
      0
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
      0
    • Giroud (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

443 posts in this topic

An under-performing player should be benched, it's really that simple, that's how it should always be and how it was years ago.

That's whether it's Hazard, Kante or Rudiger, nobody should be allowed to under perform as it's detrimental to the teams progress.

manpe and DDA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Well last year we were pretty meh but only lost 1-0.so maybe... 

It was because of Conte's system dont be fooled. Sarri's robotic system will be exploited and we will be violated like against Spurs. We all know Sarri will play Willian and Alonso so the game is lost before we even start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid of what City will do to our 4-3-3 if we persist with it, especially with Jorginho the deepest midfielder. We're going to concede shitloads of space in those areas for the Sterlings and Silvas to run into. Luiz.... please don't clown around this game. :( This really isn't the game for Alonso considering the pace City have, they run around like rabid rabbits. Alonso will be targeted so hard and with Kante playing on the other side, his help will be Luiz, Hazard and Kova/RLC...... Sarri needs to mix something up, surprise them, otherwise Pep will punish our predictability with ease.

I would play this 4-2-3-1 exceptionally against City:

Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - AC - Emerson

Jorginho - Kante

Pedro - RLC - Hazard

Giroud

zekinjo and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You won't be watching then.:lol:

i know :(

i just hope sarri reads the forum so he listens to me

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

It was because of Conte's system dont be fooled. Sarri's robotic system will be exploited and we will be violated like against Spurs. We all know Sarri will play Willian and Alonso so the game is lost before we even start. 

And Luiz and maybe even Morata!

the Four FAILS!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

An under-performing player should be benched, it's really that simple, that's how it should always be and how it was years ago.

That's whether it's Hazard, Kante or Rudiger, nobody should be allowed to under perform as it's detrimental to the teams progress.

Yeah that's how fans think, but it's just not that simple.

If a player is underperforming, it still does not make the substitute any better. The fans say, "it cannot get any worse than playing X", which is wrong (yes it can get much worse). Not even going into what the word better means when we talk about different characteristics.

For example, I personally think (from what I've seen) that it is very unlikely that Emerson would give more to the team than an underperforming Alonso (and likely that he would give much less), but I don't watch Emerson in practice, so the manager is certainly more equipped to make that decision. Another way managers see it is that Alonso is more likely to positively influence the game than Emerson. The same way an off-form Hazard is more likely to influence a tough game than CHO.

There are tons of other factors that we could go into, but that'd take a huge tangent (locker room, pecking order, keeping one's job, tem chemistry, team characteristics, player's confidence, and contracts).

Tomo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Yeah that's how fans think, but it's just not that simple.

If a player is underperforming, it still does not make the substitute any better. The fans say, "it cannot get any worse than playing X", which is wrong (yes it can get much worse). Not even going into what the word better means when we talk about different characteristics.

For example, I personally think (from what I've seen) that it is very unlikely that Emerson would give more to the team than an underperforming Alonso (and likely that he would give much less), but I don't watch Emerson in practice, so the manager is certainly more equipped to make that decision. Another way managers see it is that Alonso is more likely to positively influence the game than Emerson. The same way an off-form Hazard is more likely to influence a tough game than CHO.

There are tons of other factors that we could go into, but that'd take a huge tangent (locker room, pecking order, keeping one's job, tem chemistry, team characteristics, player's confidence, and contracts).

I will come back to you in the morning and pick the bones out of this, and give you a few examples as to why change is important. 

Robguima likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luiz is for sure starting.  I think Pedro will be in for Willian, and Giroud will start.  Expecting Kante and Kovacic in midfield.  If Emerson starts, it means that Alonso was playing against Wolves because he's the rotation option (dare to dream).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz (gag)

Azpi

Alonso (gag)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Willian (gag)

Hazard

Morata (gag)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I predict

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz (gag)

Azpi

Alonso (gag)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Willian (gag)

Hazard

Morata (gag)

 

 

 

I think Giroud will start this one for sure.

I would prefer Pedro to start, and he still might.

RLC might be a surprise entry, or at least a sub. Barkley might also make a cameo.

 

The back 4....I don't even want to talk about it.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I predict

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz (gag)

Azpi

Alonso (gag)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Willian (gag)

Hazard

Morata (gag)

 

 

I think Pedro and Giroud will start.  I think Wednesday's match was as much rotation as Sarri could handle.  I hope that includes Alonso, but it won't.  

          CHO - Hazard - Pedro

     Kovacic - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz * - Rudiger - Azpi

                       Kepa

*I know how you feel, but AC isn't better right now

Get the XI best players (at the moment) on the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri says it is normal to have some difficulties with a new way of playing. 'We need to work to solve problem by problem, day by day, and improve.' #CHEMCI

Sarri says he knew very well we would have to face difficulties sooner or later because we need to change the mentality of 25 players, something which doesn't happen quickly, but when you find the solution something great is possible. #CHEMCI

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

but when you find the solution something great is possible. #CHEMCI

Shouldn't that be "if" he finds a solution, then what happens if he don't?

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vesper said:

I predict

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz (gag)

Azpi

Alonso (gag)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Willian (gag)

Hazard

Morata (gag)

 

 

u must b gagging 4 it lol , ffs hope not ruin another footie day grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm hoping Sarri has grown a set 

Keepper Kepa

Azpil Rudiger(rocket) Christensen(the reborn 1) Emmerson(fcuk Alonso ass)

Kante(Back 2 dm) Jorgy(stick it up shitty)

Ruben Hazard(the real 1) Barkley

Morata (after counselling)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mccg said:

u must b gagging 4 it lol , ffs hope not ruin another footie day grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm hoping Sarri has grown a set 

Keepper Kepa

Azpil Rudiger(rocket) Christensen(the reborn 1) Emmerson(fcuk Alonso ass)

Kante(Back 2 dm) Jorgy(stick it up shitty)

Ruben Hazard(the real 1) Barkley

Morata (after counselling)

I would love to see that lineup (except switch Giroud in for Morata)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.