• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

An under-performing player should be benched, it's really that simple, that's how it should always be and how it was years ago.

That's whether it's Hazard, Kante or Rudiger, nobody should be allowed to under perform as it's detrimental to the teams progress.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Well last year we were pretty meh but only lost 1-0.so maybe... 

It was because of Conte's system dont be fooled. Sarri's robotic system will be exploited and we will be violated like against Spurs. We all know Sarri will play Willian and Alonso so the game is lost before we even start. 

I'm afraid of what City will do to our 4-3-3 if we persist with it, especially with Jorginho the deepest midfielder. We're going to concede shitloads of space in those areas for the Sterlings and Silvas to run into. Luiz.... please don't clown around this game. :( This really isn't the game for Alonso considering the pace City have, they run around like rabid rabbits. Alonso will be targeted so hard and with Kante playing on the other side, his help will be Luiz, Hazard and Kova/RLC...... Sarri needs to mix something up, surprise them, otherwise Pep will punish our predictability with ease.

I would play this 4-2-3-1 exceptionally against City:

Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - AC - Emerson

Jorginho - Kante

Pedro - RLC - Hazard

Giroud

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

It was because of Conte's system dont be fooled. Sarri's robotic system will be exploited and we will be violated like against Spurs. We all know Sarri will play Willian and Alonso so the game is lost before we even start. 

And Luiz and maybe even Morata!

the Four FAILS!!!!!

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

An under-performing player should be benched, it's really that simple, that's how it should always be and how it was years ago.

That's whether it's Hazard, Kante or Rudiger, nobody should be allowed to under perform as it's detrimental to the teams progress.

Yeah that's how fans think, but it's just not that simple.

If a player is underperforming, it still does not make the substitute any better. The fans say, "it cannot get any worse than playing X", which is wrong (yes it can get much worse). Not even going into what the word better means when we talk about different characteristics.

For example, I personally think (from what I've seen) that it is very unlikely that Emerson would give more to the team than an underperforming Alonso (and likely that he would give much less), but I don't watch Emerson in practice, so the manager is certainly more equipped to make that decision. Another way managers see it is that Alonso is more likely to positively influence the game than Emerson. The same way an off-form Hazard is more likely to influence a tough game than CHO.

There are tons of other factors that we could go into, but that'd take a huge tangent (locker room, pecking order, keeping one's job, tem chemistry, team characteristics, player's confidence, and contracts).

5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Yeah that's how fans think, but it's just not that simple.

If a player is underperforming, it still does not make the substitute any better. The fans say, "it cannot get any worse than playing X", which is wrong (yes it can get much worse). Not even going into what the word better means when we talk about different characteristics.

For example, I personally think (from what I've seen) that it is very unlikely that Emerson would give more to the team than an underperforming Alonso (and likely that he would give much less), but I don't watch Emerson in practice, so the manager is certainly more equipped to make that decision. Another way managers see it is that Alonso is more likely to positively influence the game than Emerson. The same way an off-form Hazard is more likely to influence a tough game than CHO.

There are tons of other factors that we could go into, but that'd take a huge tangent (locker room, pecking order, keeping one's job, tem chemistry, team characteristics, player's confidence, and contracts).

I will come back to you in the morning and pick the bones out of this, and give you a few examples as to why change is important. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I predict

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz (gag)

Azpi

Alonso (gag)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Willian (gag)

Hazard

Morata (gag)

I think Giroud will start this one for sure.

I would prefer Pedro to start, and he still might.

RLC might be a surprise entry, or at least a sub. Barkley might also make a cameo.

The back 4....I don't even want to talk about it.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I predict

Kepa

Rudiger

Luiz (gag)

Azpi

Alonso (gag)

Jorginho

Kante

Kovacic

Willian (gag)

Hazard

Morata (gag)

I think Pedro and Giroud will start.  I think Wednesday's match was as much rotation as Sarri could handle.  I hope that includes Alonso, but it won't.  

CHO - Hazard - Pedro

Kovacic - Jorginho - Kante

Emerson - Luiz * - Rudiger - Azpi

Kepa

*I know how you feel, but AC isn't better right now

Get the XI best players (at the moment) on the pitch.

Sarri says it is normal to have some difficulties with a new way of playing. 'We need to work to solve problem by problem, day by day, and improve.' #CHEMCI

Sarri says he knew very well we would have to face difficulties sooner or later because we need to change the mentality of 25 players, something which doesn't happen quickly, but when you find the solution something great is possible. #CHEMCI