• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Possession and number of passes are pointless if you don't know what to do with the ball or you are toothless the way we have been for months now.

Yep. That doesn't win you points. Hurrah we had more possession... Oh you scored more goals!. 

We've been so annoying. You knew would come though cause the draws we've had been a load of crap as well. Shot shot shot shot shot shot. Draw

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

It probably has nothing to do with training at this point. Just lack of balls to try something new.

Marcos is established player, one who won PL and obviously wont be dropped. Same with Willian. 

Same was with Iva when we already had Azpi in squad, but he was on bench until Cole injured himself and we were forced to play Azpi on left.

If he starts on Saturday I'm not watching.

40 minutes ago, DDA said:

Its hard not be angry, frustrated and dissapointed watching this pile of shit. It's soo much harder to take because of the players Sarri is and isnt starting.

A LOT of this is on the board and Roman too. A shit tonne.

2 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We were playing well and Sarri started playing Willian for no reason, we haven't recovered since then. 

Alonso, Hazard, Morata, Luiz, Kovacic, Giroud have all played poorly/been far too inconsistent too over the basis of a lot of games recently after the first 8 games or so, not just Willian.

Been a common theme we play well for 25 or 30 minutes then fall off and end up playing poorly recently. Sarri's philosophy is still a process that needs time and obviously some new additions but its regressing more than progressing at the moment and some of our games are mindnuming to watch at times because everything's too slow, congested, narrow and predictable. That might sound ungrateful or like a spoiled kid in a way but its true. I feel like that there is this arrogance or lazyness perhaps that because we have 70% possession these players think that games will just win themselves and that they can half arse it.

This is around the time our season started to fall apart last season (well you could argue the transfer window fucked us) but I don't think the fallout will be half as bad as it was under Conte due to the fact Sarri isn't as abrasive a personality as Conte but that is also an issue because I think some of these guys need a big kick up the arse. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Alonso, Hazard, Morata, Luiz, Kovacic, Giroud have all played poorly/been far too inconsistent too over the basis of a lot of games recently after the first 8 games or so, not just Willian.

Been a common theme we play well for 25 or 30 minutes then fall off and end up playing poorly recently. Sarri's philosophy is still a process that needs time and obviously some new additions but its regressing more than progressing at the moment and some of our games are mindnuming to watch at times because everything's too slow, congested, narrow and predictable. That might sound ungrateful or like a spoiled kid in a way but its true. I feel like that there is this arrogance or lazyness perhaps that because we have 70% possession these players think that games will just win themselves and that they can half arse it.

This is around the time our season started to fall apart last season (well you could argue the transfer window fucked us) but I don't think the fallout will be half as bad as it was under Conte due to the fact Sarri isn't as abrasive a personality as Conte but that is also an issue because I think some of these guys need a big kick up the arse. 

This is not true, our season fell apart in late February after the Watford game. And Sarriball my ass there is no difference between Conteball and Sarri ball

Hazard is seriously underperforming too for a while now. 

Not that he is bad, he is still one of best on pitch, but when you know his ability, he is way off right now.

He was flying in early months, but then he faded once our title chances got shot seeing how good Pool and City are doing.

He had these out of form games, but almost always put serious performances against top teams, however he was usual bad vs spurs last week and I doubt he will be fired up for City.

Then again, with Willian and Morata against top side, why even try hard. One player cant defeat them and Hazard's team mates in attack are as shit as you can get for a top team. He is literaly surrounded by 3 worst players in squad; Willian, Alonso and Morata. I would get my hopes shot down before match even begun if I was him.

Apparently Sarri feels the need to rotate our forward line by including Willian and Morata but Klopp can apparently play his own forward line of Mane - Firmino - Salah in every PL game (barring injury).

And Liverpool are in the Champions league as well. We're in the Europa league. If anything, there should be less incentive to rotate in PL games as your 2nd choice players should be playing in the Europa league group stages.

Sarri must really think Morata and Willian are good players or at least interchangeable with Giroud and Pedro. But all the evidence this season has shown the exact opposite. Willian and Morata have no business starting Premier league games. They are Europa league players. They should get their mins in the Europa league and league cup but not in the freakin' Premier league!

14 minutes ago, mccg said:

Don't know how we lost that 1 ...4 sure, well apart Willian being Willian, Alonso being Alonso, Morata being Morata, and Hazard being average again

Up until 1st goal we were ok. We had control and all. Then we created 2 serious chances, at which point it should be 2 up and game in our hands.

Instead our might attack flopped time after time and they got themselves back in the game after realizing our attack is not working.

We should kill the game off, but we didnt. Thanks to our attacking lineup.

Our most complete performance by an absolute mile this season was away at Burnley when Hazard was injured.

For me there is a huge mentality problem in the squad relying on Hazard. The problem is Hazard himself lacks the mentality to go with his ridiculous levels of natural talent. After a promising start, it looks like he'll manage what he does every season for us, about 15 goals. 

Players need to step up and take on the responsibility because until the overall mentality of the squad changes we'll be lucky scrapping for top 4.

And now it's clear that Hazard is very unlikely to score the volume of goals we all hoped he would, by god we need a striker.

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Apparently Sarri feels the need to rotate our forward line by including Willian and Morata but Klopp can apparently play his own forward line of Mane - Firmino - Salah in every PL game (barring injury).

And Liverpool are in the Champions league as well. We're in the Europa league. If anything, there should be less incentive to rotate in PL games as your 2nd choice players should be playing in the Europa league group stages.

Sarri must really think Morata and Willian are good players or at least interchangeable with Giroud and Pedro. But all the evidence this season has shown the exact opposite. Willian and Morata have no business starting Premier league games. They are Europa league players. They should get their mins in the Europa league and league cup but not in the freakin' Premier league!

You do realise that Liverpool changed their entire front line tonight.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

You do realise that Liverpool changed their entire front line tonight.

You do realize that Liverpool's frontline has started basically 90% of their Premier league and Champions league games  : https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26/Fixtures/England-Liverpool

And that Mane was also injured tonight? Do your homework first before responding.

39 minutes ago, El P. said:

He is a young GK who needs to learn, he will improve. You can forgive him. You can't forgive to an old idiots Alonso and Willian. Also, to Hazard I agree, he is missing.

Kepa doesn't make mistakes every other game, that pure bollocks He and Rudiger have been our best two players all year, as Hazard has now went into a slump (partially due to the donkeys he is forced to play with) Pedro (when he plays) has been decent, and Jorginho (to a point)  as well, but even he has been regressing lately. Playing Kante incorrectly is causing Jorginho to struggle as Jorgi is fairly weak defensively.

We are in a clusterfuck atm. 

Although Hazard has been so poor for a while by his standards but c'mon how would you feel getting surrounded by the likes of Alonso Willian Morata in attack...That's absolute self suicide....By the end of first half we should have been at least 2 0 up and been in a comfortable position to see out the game....but Willian and Morata doing what they know how to do best...

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Although Hazard has been so poor for a while by his standards but c'mon how would you feel getting surrounded by the likes of Alonso Willian Morata in attack...That's absolute self suicide....By the end of first half we should have been at least 2 0 up and been in a comfortable position to see out the game....but Willian and Morata doing what they know how to do best...

Those two need to go go go. Same for Luiz and Alonso. The rest are salvageable (at least in terms of getting us to 4th) IF Sarri starts playing the right combos. We desperately need to do mad business in January.

I want to ask the question of our so called top talent...Hazard, where was he tonight? Once again a poor performance.

I'm sorry but if we are calling out people he has every right to be called out, he's been 2nd gear for a few weeks now.....fucking up your game.

4 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

You do realize that Liverpool's frontline has started basically 90% of their Premier league and Champions league games  : https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26/Fixtures/England-Liverpool

And that Mane was also injured tonight? Do your homework first before responding.

90% still isn't every game like you said.

I'm not going to get into a petty squabble because I do understand what you mean but I think the difference between us and Liverpool is their starting attack is head and shoulders above their reserves.

Besides Hazard (who himself has gone off the boil recently), it's not like any of the other players in our attack do enough consistently. We'll get a good game from Pedro or Willian and then a couple of poor games where the other will then come in. Same with Morata and Giroud scoring goals. None of it is consistent enough and when our one top player in that area of the pitch is playing way below what they're capable of, the inadequacies of the rest show up even more.