• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Emery's philosophy isn't a million miles away from Wenger's, he is just more tactically astute with his selections and tactics than Arsene (to say the least) so time on the training ground isn't THAT crucial for them, we on the other hand are overhauling our style of play so we need that time on the training ground to perfect things and most of our key players have basically had only three weeks of a full week of training under Sarri.

My point is one coach is willing try something new while the other has not made changes do early results. You know the saying if it is not broke don't it, and that is exactly why Alonso and Azpi have started every PL game unchallenged, same for Luiz, doing nothing in midfield beside rotating Kovacic and Barkley, and same in attack. 

We are no better than we were in the beginning of the season mainly because we have persisted with the same issues.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alonso and Dave as FB’s feels like a nightmare. Chelsea would play much better and more concrete football without at least one of them. Both on the pitch are just too much. 

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Very average performance from us this, some horrendous football played but the result was important.

We seemed to have slipped into the this very lazy mindset again were players look lethargic and lifeless, some of them can't control a basic fucking pass.

Alonso was fucking awful, Hazard close behind him.

The best passer in this team today was Kepa, that's says it all.

Hopefully we see 3 or 4 rotations in every prem game now and the competition for places will push the team and everybody forward ...in a ideal world , Luiz,Alonso,Kovacic look good candidates ,(hopefully Hazard getting back to full fitness again asap)

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Hazrd was in Spain.
Willian would be useful in this match,

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Very average performance from us this, some horrendous football played but the result was important.

We seemed to have slipped into the this very lazy mindset again were players look lethargic and lifeless, some of them can't control a basic fucking pass.

Wasn't Hazard involved in the 2nd goal or did I miss something? Also the chance that Morata missed in the 2nd half from Hazard's shot

Not his best match, but come on.

Honestly don't know why we complain about people underrating Hazard, when he draws criticism like this from our own fans

Also, would like to see one of RLC or Barkely more often in the starting line up in matches moving forward.

The Kovacic-Kante-Jorginho combo, sounds nice considering the quality of the individual players, but sometimes doesn't do enough

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Need to put teams to the sword earlier, todays three points could be said are down to two superb stops by Kepa

However, always comfortable and good atmos at the game

Agree. Kepa is a world-class goalkeeper. Maybe better than Courtois. And he is chill when passing the ball. 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Agree. Alonso was awful. AWFUL. But Hazard was one of the best on the pitch according to me.

My first time at the Bridge today with my son of 19 while I am regularly following Chelsea away and abroad since 95. Difficult to get tickets. I quite enjoyed the experience:)

Hazard and esp alonso struggled today because the opposition worked hard to block that side. They had physically strong players who were able to bully them and make their life pretty miserable. Thought luiz positioning (too deep) did not help things. No excuse for alonso’s poor crosses though...

It is a pretty obvious thing to do since we are much stronger on the left, but kudos to Fulham for at least doing a good job accomplishing that.

the issue wasn’t so much hazard and alonso, but kovacic who did fucking nothing on the pitch working exclusively in a line with Jorginho... in the so called dead zone. He’s the one imo who needs to improve immediately to keep his position. Getting subbed off before the 70m mark shouldve told him all he needed to know.

Thought that after a whole week moaning about morata and how giroud should start folks would understand that things aren’t that simple. Giroud was probably the worst player on the pitch with his awful first touches. In other words, morata being insufficient does make giroud any better.

really happy with RLC contribution. Took a while to get in the game, but what a goal! Goals change games and that goal killed it for us.

flawless game by Kepa too.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Wasn't Hazard involved in the 2nd goal or did I miss something? Also the chance that Morata missed in the 2nd half from Hazard's shot

Not his best match, but come on.

Honestly don't know why we complain about people underrating Hazard, when he draws criticism like this from our own fans

Needs to be more aggressive, not only be more aggressive but more assertive in game were the team are poor and going through the motions.

I think Jorginho being the focus of every opposing team over the past three weeks has had a significant effect on us. Again today he was pretty anonymous. Not poor,  just not the orchastrator he was earlier in the season. That Kovacic has also been subpar lately makes our midfield stand out even more.

The thing that scares me the most is our attack, though. Hazard was still pretty good but his red hot,mulayable streak has faded. Other than him we have not a single attacking player that scares anyone on a consistent basis. Willian and Pedro show flashes every few games or so. Morata and Giroud are players who none of our top 4 rivals would be starting. 

Looking at the options City, Liverpool, Arsenal, and even Spuds have across their attack makes me jealous. And it's highly unlikely we'll be able to buy any top class options in January. I think Sarri getting us 4th this season will be fairly miraculous.

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Jorginho being the focus of every opposing team over the past three weeks has had a significant effect on us. Again today he was pretty anonymous. Not poor,  just not the orchastrator he was earlier in the season. That Kovacic has also been subpar lately makes our midfield stand out even more.

I was wondering why our Sarrismo was better in the beginning than now, this probably explains it. We look much more laborious now.

2 hours ago, Robguima said:

Hazard and esp alonso struggled today because the opposition worked hard to block that side. They had physically strong players who were able to bully them and make their life pretty miserable. Thought luiz positioning (too deep) did not help things. No excuse for alonso’s poor crosses though...

It is a pretty obvious thing to do since we are much stronger on the left, but kudos to Fulham for at least doing a good job accomplishing that.

the issue wasn’t so much hazard and alonso, but kovacic who did fucking nothing on the pitch working exclusively in a line with Jorginho... in the so called dead zone. He’s the one imo who needs to improve immediately to keep his position. Getting subbed off before the 70m mark shouldve told him all he needed to know.

Thought that after a whole week moaning about morata and how giroud should start folks would understand that things aren’t that simple. Giroud was probably the worst player on the pitch with his awful first touches. In other words, morata being insufficient does make giroud any better.

really happy with RLC contribution. Took a while to get in the game, but what a goal! Goals change games and that goal killed it for us.

flawless game by Kepa too.

I agree. As much as Kovacic is nice to watch when he is on the ball, he needs to offer more in terms of end product. Kante was more effective today, but that midfield 3 combo is not all that its cracked up to be.

Individually they have quality, but as a combo, it just doesn't cut it for me. Would have one of RLC/Barkley/Fabregas in that midfield 3 at any time.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Needs to be more aggressive, not only be more aggressive but more assertive in game were the team are poor and going through the motions.

Agree with that. He has not been the same since that dirty Ashley Young ruined his game when United visited.

I just didn't agree with the fact that he was one of the worst on the pitch. Kovacic today was far more anonymous 

Wow, this forum is dead!

I agree with Blue Armour on the midfield and I will say the same thing on how our midfield works with our defensive line and attacking line, esp. noting our lack of impotence from fullback --not just because of who is playing fullback, but because we are not producing anything between our lines. 

I don't think think it comes down to not having a good striker or the wrong combination of midfielders and fullbacks or a lack of a good right winger. All the above, plus we do not produce anything punching the opponent straight up the gut; too many attacks arrive on the wings and go nowhere. I think by now every single opponent we face in the Premier League should know that they only need to shut down the wing areas and Chelsea offer almost nothing in combination play between CF and CM.