• Zappacosta (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mana said:

There is more than enough evidence that we play better with Giroud up front then Morata. Morata should be benched and a plan B.

Yeah.  It seems that Morata is a bench option, if you consider yourself to be a top club.  Come on when you're up and the match is a bit stretched.  That seems to be his role.

This is a tough one for Sarri: this is as weak an opponent as you are going to find in the PL esp at home.

So, with all things equal, the manager would normally opt to give the game to the starter of tougher matches a chance to do well (not an opinion). However, I think he might not do that for two reasons: a. he has already decided to switch, which would make it a good opportunity to give Giroud more confidence or b. he believes giving morata an easy game will actually not work at this time (due to his current level of play).

It probably does not matter anyway since it's going to be difficult to draw conclusions against such opposition.

5 hours ago, Robguima said:

This is a tough one for Sarri: this is as weak an opponent as you are going to find in the PL esp at home.

So, with all things equal, the manager would normally opt to give the game to the starter of tougher matches a chance to do well (not an opinion). However, I think he might not do that for two reasons: a. he has already decided to switch, which would make it a good opportunity to give Giroud more confidence or b. he believes giving morata an easy game will actually not work at this time (due to his current level of play).

It probably does not matter anyway since it's going to be difficult to draw conclusions against such opposition.

Fulham are absolutely not your typical bottom of the table EPL team. They are loaded with first rate talent in many positions.

Ryan Sessegnon LB and Aleksandar Mitrovic CF would start for us (ZERO chance Alonso is better Sessegnon, and Ryan also can play winger and AMF)

André Zambo Anguissa DMF  and Jean Michaël Seri CMF are both great young MF'ers, and I could see them both as rotational starters here, especially Seri.

Sergio Rico would make a great back-up GK for us, far better than what we have now, unless Macin Bulka matures very quickly

Tom Cairney is simply a better player than Drinkwater IMHO, not that that affects our main team starters and regular rotation, but he is a savvy and dangerous MF'er

André Schürrle is a dangerous ex- Chels player, He is always capable of explosive moves and is loads better than your average winger on a bottom 3,4 EPL team.

Fulham has a horrid back 4 (Sessegnon plays at MF and winger mostly this year so far) and also no real remotely acceptable true RW, that is their weaknesses.

29 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Fulham are absolutely not your typical bottom of the table EPL team. They are loaded with first rate talent in many positions.

Ryan Sessegnon LB and Aleksandar Mitrovic CF would start for us (ZERO chance Alonso is better Sessegnon, and Ryan also can play winger and AMF)

André Zambo Anguissa DMF  and Jean Michaël Seri CMF are both great young MF'ers, and I could see them both as rotational starters here, especially Seri.

Sergio Rico would make a great back-up GK for us, far better than what we have now, unless Macin Bulka matures very quickly

Tom Cairney is simply a better player than Drinkwater IMHO, not that that affects our main team starters and regular rotation, but he is a savvy and dangerous MF'er

André Schürrle is a dangerous ex- Chels player, He is always capable of explosive moves and is loads better than your average winger on a bottom 3,4 EPL team.

Fulham has a horrid back 4 (Sessegnon plays at MF and winger mostly this year so far) and also no real remotely acceptable true RW, that is their weaknesses.

football is not only about names... they are at the bottom of the table for a reason.

Perhaps also because they field an 18yo as LF? ;) BTW, not really something we are going to agree with as I rate Alonse very highly (best LF in the league for me).

Schurrie is shit. I've watched him play plenty of times and actually liked him (as a good/decent player) when he was at chelsea, but his game has regressed. Watched him a few times in Germany as he was mostly coming off the bench and he was pretty bad. He's very frail without any upper body strength.

this will NOT be a walk in the park and if anyone is thinking its going to be easy, they are deluding themselves. They just got a new manager and not just anyone, its Claudio "the tinkerman" Ranieri, he has plenty of PL bagage and knows us better than most managers inside and out. We need to be very careful with this one, he has led Leicester to an unprobable and deserved title win and can get his players fired up for the challenges ahead since they need points. We have to be at our best and focused if we want to win, but nothing is a given in this league. Cheers and goodluck

55 minutes ago, Robguima said:

football is not only about names... they are at the bottom of the table for a reason.

Perhaps also because they field an 18yo as LF? ;) BTW, not really something we are going to agree with as I rate Alonse very highly (best LF in the league for me).

Schurrie is shit. I've watched him play plenty of times and actually liked him (as a good/decent player) when he was at chelsea, but his game has regressed. Watched him a few times in Germany as he was mostly coming off the bench and he was pretty bad. He's very frail without any upper body strength.

Sessegnon is not your normal 18yo, he is now in middle of his 3rd year starting, and is an immense talent. Put him on our team and give him a month or two to adjust and Alonso is on the bench. Alonso as best EPL LB? LOLOL you conveniently forget Benjamin Mendy (miles better) and also Robertson from Victimpool. All 3 (counting Sessegnon) are miles better for Sarriball. Mendy is a top 4 or 5 LB in world, only ones I would rate over him are Alaba, Lucas Hernandez, and maybe Jordi Alba and Alex Sandro. Marcelo is ageing and not good enough defensively, but still would probably bench Alonso (at least for a season or two more) Jose Gaya is vastly superior to Alonso as well, as is Alex Telles. Faouzi Ghoulam, when healthy as well and maybe Wendell from Bayer Leverkusen. ALL of those (save for Marcelo) are vastly faster and better defensively, and many are just as skilled in offensive flow (and there Marcelo blows away Alonso).

You focus on literally the weakest player I posted André Schürrle (who like I said is still capable of a big moment, regardless of other shortcomings) whilst ignoring the many other dangerous players they have. Mitrovic has scored 21 goals in his last 28 games (granted some at Championship level) but has 7 in EPL this year, tracking out to 18-20 league goals. Is Morata going to score that? Is Giroud? They might not hit that many COMBINED and they are on a vastly superior team (us). Also, Seri is a class MF, nothing has as of yet convinced me otherwise.

Bottom line

If you think Fulham is as weak a team as we will see (or close to it) in the EPL this year, I really have to question that hard. Claudio Ranieri is a damn good manager, if he gets them clicking and they buy a good CB in January (Malang Sarr from OGC Nice would be perfect and they could actually prise him away then, or also Rúben Dias from Benfica (much harder pull) or Waldemar Anton of Hannover 96 (22yo, a big, fast physical CB on a relegation-bound team, perfect for brutal EPL play), plus a right fullback (I am not sold on Tim Fosu-Mensah atm, and think Fulham were stupid to let Ryan Fredericks move to the Hammers) and deffo a decent true RW, they could like be a viper of a team come February or March to play.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Sessegnon is not your normal 18yo, he is now in middle of his 3rd year starting, and is an immense talent. Put him on our team and give him a month or two to adjust and Alonso is on the bench. Alonso as best EPL LB? LOLOL you conveniently forget Benjamin Mendy (miles better) and also Robertson from Victimpool. All 3 (counting Sessegnon) are miles better for Sarriball. Mendy is a top 4 or 5 LB in world, only ones I would rate over him are Alaba, Lucas Hernandez, and maybe Jordi Alba and Alex Sandro. Marcelo is ageing and not good enough defensively, but still would probably bench Alonso (at least for a season or two more) Jose Gaya is vastly superior to Alonso as well, as is Alex Telles. Faouzi Ghoulam, when healthy as well and maybe Wendell from Bayer Leverkusen. ALL of those (save for Marcelo) are vastly faster and better defensively, and many are just as skilled in offensive flow (and there Marcelo blows away Alonso).

You focus on literally the weakest player I posted André Schürrle (who like I said is still capable of a big moment, regardless of other shortcomings) whilst ignoring the many other dangerous players they have. Mitrovic has scored 21 goals in his last 28 games (granted some at Championship level) but has 7 in EPL this year, tracking out to 18-20 league goals. Is Morata going to score that? Is Giroud? They might not hit that many COMBINED and they are on a vastly superior team (us). Also, Seri is a class MF, nothing has as of yet convinced me otherwise.

Bottom line

If you think Fulham is as weak a team as we will see (or close to it) in the EPL this year, I really have to question that hard. Claudio Ranieri is a damn good manager, if he gets them clicking and they buy a good CB in January (Malang Sarr from OGC Nice would be perfect and they could actually prise him away then, or also Rúben Dias from Benfica (much harder pull) or Waldemar Anton of Hannover 96 (22yo, a big, fast physical CB on a relegation-bound team, perfect for brutal EPL play), plus a right fullback (I am not sold on Tim Fosu-Mensah atm, and think Fulham were stupid to let Ryan Fredericks move to the Hammers) and deffo a decent true RW, they could like be a viper of a team come February or March to play.

Of course Sessegnon is not a normal 18yo, otherwise he wouldn't be playing in the PL even if for fucking fulham. Now how many 18 yolds start for top clubs in the world, esp in defense? When he becomes good enough to move to a top club, then he will.

I said that for me Alonso was the best LB in the league, like the PL. Sarri was the one who said he could be the best in the world if he improved defensively. I wouldn't go that far.

Not sure what you mean exactly by better? Do you you mean they would all fit "better" in the system that Sarri is now trying to implement at Chelsea? Maybe, maybe not. I can't possibly imagine that you just "know" that every single one would do better. Or maybe you believe that, but to be honest I think you are comparing the incomparable: different leagues, different teams, and especially different requirements. Also, I'm not even sure Sarriball is the future of this club or the style that will bring success for Chelsea. It's actually quite different from the style that has actually brought success to this club over the years.

Ranieri is indeed a good manager, and there are many really good managers in the PL. Fulham can improve tremendously given enough time and practice, and by acquiring the such much needed chemistry. However, time is limited and a blub that fucks up the preseason is already behind the others. Add to that that the team is already a big underdog, then I'm going to stick to my very original comment that Fulham is the weakest opposition we are going to find.

I did not focus on Andre - you mentioned him as an asset. There are a lot of players in the world. It's not my job nor is it fun for me to know them all (tho it might be for you which is fine of course). I just pay attention to the players who catch my attention. And Fulham as a team hasn't.

However, if I were to believe you in that Fulham isn't all that bad, then I'd definitely say no fucking CHO. And if fulham isn't the weakest opposition then who is it? When will CHO play then? Certainly not against City...

3 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Of course Sessegnon is not a normal 18yo, otherwise he wouldn't be playing in the PL even if for fucking fulham. Now how many 18 yolds start for top clubs in the world, esp in defense? When he becomes good enough to move to a top club, then he will.

I said that for me Alonso was the best LB in the league, like the PL. Sarri was the one who said he could be the best in the world if he improved defensively. I wouldn't go that far.

Not sure what you mean exactly by better? Do you you mean they would all fit "better" in the system that Sarri is now trying to implement at Chelsea? Maybe, maybe not. I can't possibly imagine that you just "know" that every single one would do better. Or maybe you believe that, but to be honest I think you are comparing the incomparable: different leagues, different teams, and especially different requirements. Also, I'm not even sure Sarriball is the future of this club or the style that will bring success for Chelsea. It's actually quite different from the style that has actually brought success to this club over the years.

Ranieri is indeed a good manager, and there are many really good manager in the PL. Fulham can improve tremendously given enough time and practice, and by acquiring the such much needed chemistry. However, time is limited and a blub that fucks up the preseason is already behind the others. Add to that that the team is already a big underdog, then I'm going to stick to my very original comment that Fulham is the weakest opposition we are going to find.

I did not focus on Andre - you mentioned him as an asset. There are a lot of player in the world. It's not my job nor is it fur for me to know them all (tho it might be to you which is fine of course). I just pay attention to the player who catch my attention. And Fulham as a team hasn't.

However, if I were to believe you in that Fulham isn't all that bad, then I'd definitely say no fucking CHO. And if fulham isn't the weakest opposition then who is it? When will CHO play then? Certainly not against City...

Mendy and Roberston are better EPL LB's hands down. Davies maybe too, even Rose if he ever rehabs from his injury. IF Emerson gets back to pre Roma injusry level (he is getting there, just slowly) HE is better than Alonso as well. I also absolutely rate Junior Firpo (I forgot to list him above) over Alonso, absolutely. We just profoundly disagree on Alonso worth as a LB. As a wing-back, well, different story. Problem is, we do not use wing-backs and NEVER will under Sarri. No guarantees the next manager will either, and by then Alonso is quickly staring at 30yo and almost all fullbacks fade out FAST post 30.

As for teams in the EPL who are worse than Fulham over the course of the year, IMHO

Cardiff

Southampton (insanely mismanaged over the years, they could have been right there with Everton challenging for 7th or 8th most years)

Brighton

Huddersfield

Burnley (certainly worse talent -wise, and Dyche may finally be running out of miracles)

Newcastle (see Burnley, sub in Rafa for Dyche)

Palace (especially if Zaha leaves, they are fucked then)

Just now, Vesper said:

Mendy and Roberston are better EPL LB's hands down. Davies maybe too, even Rose if he ever rehabs from his injury. IF Emerson gets back to pre Roma injusry level (he is getting there, just slowly) HE is better than Alonso as well. I also absolutely rate Junior Firpo (I forgot to list him above) over Alonso, absolutely. We just profoundly disagree on Alonso worth as a LB. As a wing-back, well, different story. Problem is, we do not use wing-backs and NEVER will under Sarri. No guarantees the next manager will either, and by then Alonso is quickly staring at 30yo and almost all fullbacks fade out FAST post 30.

We can definitely disagree on alonso, and many around here do. Heh I'd be all in to move Alonso out of the LB position as I just think he's a good footballer, tho it may be a bit late for that.

Now when we are comparing different players from different clubs and systems then it is just speculation. Maybe a well-educated guess at best. Especially when we talk about Emerson in Italy... that's a very different league with very different characteristics. I've seen Emerson a few times for chelsea and have to say that it is hard to imagine the player people say he once was. 

I got a superb offer from my television provider to subscribe to a sports channel package for 1€ /month until the end of January. I of course took it the moment I saw they show EPL games and game day reviews, so I'm hyped that this will be televised live tomorrow in HD quality :P Small things in life, need to appreciate. No more choppy Russian streams. :getin:

Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - Christensen - Emerson

Kovacic - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Giroud - Hazard

Sarri plz :halo:

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

I got a superb offer from my television provider to subscribe to a sports channel package for 1€ /month until the end of January. I of course took it the moment I saw they show EPL games and game day reviews, so I'm hyped that this will be televised live tomorrow in HD quality :P Small things in life, need to appreciate. No more choppy Russian streams. :getin:

Kepa

Azpi - Rüdiger - Christensen - Emerson

Kovacic - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Giroud - Hazard

Sarri plz :halo:

I wish that was our starting 11! You know it wont be, unfortunately. The turds (Willian, Luiz, and to a lesser extent Alonso) will rise to top yet again. And Kante will be forced once again into a position that just isnt working out. I wont be shocked if the diver Morata gets trotted out as well.

Hopefully it all works out versus a dramatically underperforming Fulham.