• Giroud
    • Ampadu (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although we have sealed qualification and virtually have top place sealed, I can guarantee that Sarri will still be playing Willian/Pedro/Giroud. Rather than use CHO, he is just going to keep playing the same players. We have so much fixtures coming up in a short space of time, we really need to be rotating the majority of the team for this one. After this we have Fulham, Wolves and City in the space of 7 days and it seems that we always struggle after the midweek game. Please learn your lesson Sarri. This game should be a complete overhaul. 

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I think we have already topped our group? If so, then there is no need to play any regular players. Complete overhaul needed.

Top spot is virtually secured but need a point from last two games to mathematically confirm it. Or can always pray for Vidi to drop points.

PAOK are 5 points ahead in the Greek superliga.
They can't really miss the opportunity to win their first championship after 32 years, because everyone else is playing crap.
But PAOK are crap too.
The Greek teams that could play some football in Europe are a thing of the past.
The sliding downwrds of Greek football began only months after the Euro win of 2004 in Portugal !
They can do nothing against Chelsea. Only if Sarri fields the substitutes of the substitutes of the substitutes.
It;s partly due to the economic crisis but in any case Greece is gradually becoming like Denmark - no domestic football.

Caballero

Zappacosta Cahill Christiensen Emerson

Fabregas

RLC----------Barkley

Moses------------------ Giroud--------------------CHO

No need for anyone like Hazard, Jorginho, Rudiger, Kante etc etc, mix it up completely and we still have enough to ease this.

20 hours ago, cosmicway said:

PAOK are 5 points ahead in the Greek superliga.
They can't really miss the opportunity to win their first championship after 32 years, because everyone else is playing crap.
But PAOK are crap too.
The Greek teams that could play some football in Europe are a thing of the past.
The sliding downwrds of Greek football began only months after the Euro win of 2004 in Portugal !
They can do nothing against Chelsea. Only if Sarri fields the substitutes of the substitutes of the substitutes.
It;s partly due to the economic crisis but in any case Greece is gradually becoming like Denmark - no domestic football.

You say that now... But we've made a lot of these games look way harder then they should or could be so probably more the same. 

19 hours ago, Yeboii said:

If neither Ampadu or CHO will be playing (and not the last 10 mins or shit like that) I will be very disappointed. This game really means nothing to us since we already topped the group.

It sounds like Sarri isnt goint to play CHO much, he is saying he is shit defensively, which is pure rot (and Sarris faut too, if he isnt where Sarri wants , as he is the fucking manager)

As if Dortmund looked at Sancho and said, hmmmmmm, he isnt as good defensively as Umtiti , so hmmm,I know, lets sit HIS ARSE for all but 2 ten minute cameos!!!

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It sounds like Sarri isnt goint to play CHO much, he is saying he is shit defensively, which is pure rot (and Sarris faut too, if he isnt where Sarri wants , as he is the fucking manager)

As if Dortmund looked at Sancho and said, hmmmmmm, he isnt as good defensively as Umtiti , so hmmm,I know, lets sit HIS ARSE for all but 2 ten minute cameos!!!

Its obviously not that simple. I have a feeling CHO needs to learn how to move without the ball. Just like Sarri said, he needs to improve in the defensive phase and he needs to move better in attack when he doesn't have the ball. Its what to do when he has the ball that he is superb at. Without the ball he needs to get better.

We saw in the game against Tottenham how much movement off the ball matters. If players are not doing it correctly we can leave big gaps in our defense or not attack gaps in the opposition defense.

Even though I write all this, I have said on this thread before that I will be disappointed if CHO (and/or Ampadu, preferrably and of course!) won't get to play a good amount in this game.