CFR Cluj vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh on Drogbas injury

They parked the bus and tbh towards the end we were lucky to come away with a point.It was never gana be easy anyway.saw what they did to Roma so no shock and we didnt loose so bouns.To be fair there was a lot of draw or close win predictions anyway so

Hopfully this fire us up for Sunday though,we're gana need it defo

thanks to scolari for getting rid of pizzaro and sheva

From BBC Text:

2136: Inter keeper Julio Cesar punches clear a thunderous free-kick from Naldo and Claudio Pizarro really should tuck away the rebound but puts the ball wide. I'm not saying anything...

Edited by Laylabelle

Jeez all the frustration.

Cluj are clearly a good side. Organised with a great work ethic. Considering we saw Drogba off with a serious injury and are missing several key players, it's not the worst result in the world. We're still top of the group and there's 4 more games to get us through to the knock-out stages.

Player ratings:

Cech: 7

Bosingwa: 7

Bridge: 7

Terry: 7

Alex: 6

Mikel: 6

Lampard: 8

Ballack: 6

Malouda: 7

Kalou: 6

Drogba: 6

Subs:

Anelka: 5

Belletti: 6

Di Santo: 6

I seriously can't believe how many people have called that an 'embarrassing' result. Whats embarrassing about it? Theyre hardly the Champions League whipping boys are they? Like it or not, Cluj are a well organised side and I cant see anyone getting much off them in the competition. We were away from home against a side who's game against Roma proved theyre no walkover. We werent on our game, we've got half the bloody first team out injured anyway and then had to watch Drogba carried off clearly fucked.

A few decent performances and good results hasnt turned us into the Brazilian side some people started to believe we were maybe?

Embarrassing? Get a grip.

i agree, after seeing their game against roma, they are not push overs, they are well organised and work very hard, coupled with the fact that our strikers cant hit a barn door, we done well to come away with a point... however i do feel at home we will take 3 points from them, id say our most difficult game of the group is now out of the way.

i hope drgba's injury isnt as bad a first feared, sky sports say its not a fracture which is good news, as for anelka, we cant rely on him to score goals, he is a confidence player and the pressure of being the only fit striker in the team is taking its toll on him. give sinclair or di santos a run in the team!

we need deco back asap

Their D was all over us! As soon as the ball was in the zone they were all over it. Did anyone see them cut Ballack off with 3 guys???

Just because you might not have heard of a team doesn't mean that they aren't organized or lack talent. They beat Roma at home and drew with us. They may be a spoiler in the making....

Just because you might not have heard of a team doesn't mean that they aren't organized or lack talent. They beat Roma at home and drew with us. They may be a spoiler in the making....

yeah...its like how WES once said about Boswinga, that he isnt a good player cus he doesnt have a youtube video...

Hmm a team from transylvania!! Has the one been done about their keeper not liking crosses yet? :)

Lol the oldies are the best, and Tri Blu they leave 'em hungry for blood. Their crowd looked like extras from some Werewolf B movie.

Frustrating against the Gypo Vampires, but most worrying of all was the injuries....

Well that was incredibly frustrating. Cluj were so tight to every player they were literally sharing a shirt! And then when we tried to get in their faces they were dropping like flies. Very frustrating. Having said that we still should have had the quality to open them up enough to score just 1 goal, another example of where we seriously miss Deco.