• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Luiz was lunching the whole time, like he'd had a pre match spliff. Sp*rs were pretty awful, but had better fitness.

The gulf between Man City and the pack is cavernous, just give them the title now.

There was a thread on WAGNH a little while ago asking something along the lines of, "Can we stay in the title race?", to which I replied something along the lines of, "What title race?" City are a long way ahead of everybody else.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

The defense was n't terrible ?
They were given some 10-11 chances besides the trhee goals.
We need a defense not only when we are infront and looking forward to control the opposition but at all times.

When the defense is tested a couple of times, or even a few times during a tough match and they fail conceding goals, then I am all for pointing the finger at them.

however, we’re completely and utterly dominated especially at the time we were conceding the goals. Two of which were mostly kepa s fault, not the defense.

so, no I cannot agree that the defense let us down. The team was bad and the kepa was shocking.

8 minutes ago, Robguima said:

When the defense is tested a couple of times, or even a few times during a tough match and they fail conceding goals, then I am all for pointing the finger to them.

however, we’re completely and utterly dominated especially at the time we were conceding the goals. Two of which were mostly kepa s fault, not  defense.

so, no I cannot agree that the defense let us down. Team was bad and the kepa was shocking.

Come on.
The 1-0 was a rocket. Just because it touched Kepa's fingers a little you call it a goalkeeper's fault.
The second was his fault - but also Luiz obstructed his view.
Of the three I am most unhappy with their third - only against the under fourteens in a training match.
Overall our defense was shaky throughout, more than can be justified because we had to open our lines.

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

Come on.
The 1-0 was a rocket. Just because it touched Kepa's fingers a little you call it a goalkeeper's fault.
The second was his fault - but also Luiz obstructed his view.
Of the three I am most unhappy with their third - only against the under fourteens in a training match.
Overall our defense was shaky throughout, more than can be justified as we had to open our lines.

Agree to disagree on the defense then, because I thought the midfield (including the wingers) was shocking.

Sure the first was a rocket, but then what kind of keeper is kepa? Is he a top gk, just ok, or poor?

at this time I’m convinced he’s not great, and hoping he’s just ok. After today tho, I’m afraid he might be the latter type.

3 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Agree to disagree on the defense then, because I thought the midfield (including the wingers) was shocking.

Sure the first was a rocket, but then what kind of keeper is kepa? Is he a top gk, just ok, or poor?

at this time I’m convinced he’s not great, and hoping he’s just ok. After today tho, I’m afraid he might be the latter type.

100% disagree, he is a superb GK, WC already.

I can't wait until we have some proper time on the training pitch.  I think our results have fooled people in to believing we are the finished article, but we are so far from it.  The play needs to be faster, the pressing more organized.

January is the next time we aren't playing twice a week.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

Depends if the keeper is following the ball's trajectory or not.
I don't think he had the time and it just swooshed past him.
Anyway the match was not lost at that point.
Should have been 1-1 after a couple of minutes but Martin had an appointment outside the stadium.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I can't wait until we have some proper time on the training pitch.  I think our results have fooled people in to believing we are the finished article, but we are so far from it.  The play needs to be faster, the pressing more organized.

January is the next time we aren't playing twice a week.

No this team is not a finished article, despite one or two obvious gaps.
But re. the premiership, it has been decided I think even if we had won today.

Anyway I went for today's match to the "Sports bar" outside the Athens museum - for the first time.
It was advertised in facebook as the meeting place for Chelsea fans.
The place was full of Spurs fans !
Maybe our fans stayed silent - we were not given any rope in any case.
The Spurs were jumping up and down like monkeys.
With London's houses ending some way before one reaches White Heart Lane it's surprising there are so many of them.
Maybe they were Looserpoolians supporting anti-chelsea.

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

No this team is not a finished article, despite one or two obvious gaps.
But re. the premiership, it has been decided I think even if we had won today.

Oh, for sure.  Despite the hype and our "under the radar" status, we were never going to win it.  Top 4, that's still out goal.

We were progressing nicely, but haven't had any real training time for a while now.  We're still not playing with the speed that Sarri wants, and it's not going to happen until we have time at Cobham.

Our defense was just shocking. But thats what to expect when your DM is Jorginho.

However, this team is designed to keep the ball and rotate it until scoring chance, at least in first half. 

But today, we couldnt control shit. They were all over us. 

Also, its unbelievably sad that our " strongest" player in attack and midfield is Hazard. Others get bullied soo easily. Jorginho, Kovacic and Morata have awful body balance, team like spurs dominated our midfield with ease. Kante and Willian arent strong either, but have good balance which saves them sometimes. Only player that could hold on the ball and not lose it was Eden. This can be frustrating if we needed to score a goal, because with such players, we cant "push" through the lines. We can only pass and hope to create goal scoring chance 

Kepa at second was third tier level goalkeeping, at least for me. Had all the time to change direction and jump but just stood there. Third one was comical because our defense was schooled in a way local league defenders dont. 

That aside, I sort of expected loss because we are far from great team.  Morata can leave in january, other spots have players that can improve still. Morata on other hand is plain useless.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Honestly think people underestimate what Conte achieved with this bunch of players. An amazing feat tbh.

I don't think anyone underestimated his achievements in the title season, don't get that confused with the deserved critics he got for last season.

I really can't understand why Sarri is persisting with Morata and Willian over Giroud and Pedro and it was the starting block towards what went wrong today, ignoring the difference the latter two bring to the attack they press intelligently allowing us to cut passing lanes and win the ball back high up, Morata can't be arsed to press and Willian while he tries doesn't have the positional sense Pedro does and ends up chasing like a dog running after a tennis ball (there's a reason Conte played anyone but him at WB whenever Moses was out). Until we get better options those Pedro and Olivier must be the starters alongside Hazard.

12 hours ago, Mana said:

If we had Morata instead of Costa that season we wouldn't have won the league.

You're right but you just had to mention that, didn't you? #obsessed

12 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

should have started Giroud

The classic "oh look, he scored. he should have started!". Don't think the solution is as clear cut as that. Have people already forgotten Giroud had stinkers of his own in the recent Europa League games? Can't remember which games but he was totally nonexistent and that was agains poor oppositions! Problem is, we have two poor strikers and we're left with having to pray that whoever gets picked, will turn up for the match.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

You're right but you just had to mention that, didn't you? #obsessed

The classic "oh look, he scored. he should have started!". Don't think the solution is as clear cut as that. Have people already forgotten Giroud had stinkers of his own in the recent Europa League games? Can't remember which games but he was totally nonexistent and that was agains poor oppositions! Problem is, we have two poor strikers and we're left with having to pray that whoever gets picked, will turn up for the match.

While Giroud is far from the answer he has only really played the two games vs Bate in Europa (ten minutes in Greece aswell) and was pretty decent in both.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While Giroud is far from the answer he has only really played the two games vs Bate in Europa (ten minutes in Greece aswell) and was pretty decent in both.

The standards have really slipped around here if you thought he was decent. No disrespect to the oppositions but given it was BATE, I expected better than decent against those lot.

12 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Luiz is a libero - in man to man situation he is useless.

No one is ever going to confuse him with Gaetano Scirea or Franz Beckenbauer, lolol.

He needs to go back to this hairstyle too

AfC7NRZKSeyUWzoV-KfRMtm2St649cr0bvps_MXU

sooooooooooo much better