‘Absolute waste of money’ – Man Utd fans turn on former Blue after poor showing in derby

James

Romelu Lukaku Nemanja MaticManchester United fans slate Nemanja Matic after yesterday’s derby. Matic won two Premier League titles during his time as a Chelsea player. READ MORE: Torres says what Chelsea gave him that Liverpool couldn’t Give me a second to wipe the smug grin off my face so I can write this. Manchester United fans have turned […]

View the full article

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee almost every one of those Manc plonkers who are slating him now tried to troll us when Manure signed him.

Most plastic fans in the world, outside of Barca/Real cling-ons (90% of their global fanbase knows fuckall about footie.)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, Vesper said:

,I guarantee almost every one of those Manc plonkers who are slating him now tried to troll us when Manure signed him.

Most plastic fans in the world, outside of Barca/Real cling-ons (90% of their global fanbase knows fuckall about footie.)

Plenty of plastics everywhere.

At least most reds who were raving about Nemanja when they signed him, had the excuse that they had not watched many 90 minute performances from him. Certainly not with the level of scrutiny that fans watch their own players. You'll remember, I'm sure, that those of us here who did not believe in Nemanja faced a lot of Chelsea people opposing our view. I recall being told that I had no clue about football on this very site when I criticised our ex-Serbian but I have an even better example than that.

I watched video of Nemanja when he was rumoured to join us the first time around. He then lined up as a playmaker and I posted to say that he wanted far too long on the ball, that he liked the floated pass way too much, and that I didn't want him. I did not believe in Nemanja during his first spell, was not disappointed when he left and refused to believe it when he was rumoured to return but return he did. When that happened, almost everyone on several Chelsea forums was satisfied with what Nemanja was offering. There was however a poster on one of them who would not have it. He insisted that our then number 21 had the turning circle of a tanker and slowed our attacking movements horribly. Even I, who was never a Nemanja fan, criticised that forum member for being too harsh. I soon realised that he was not being harsh enough.

It's no surprise that United fans have seen the truth. I'm certain they must have seen that they'd signed a dud over the same kind of timescale it took many Chelsea fans to reach the same conclusion.

36 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

watched video of Nemanja when he was rumoured to join us the first time around. He then lined up as a playmaker and I posted to say that he wanted far too long on the ball, that he liked the floated pass way too much, and that I didn't want him. I did not believe in Nemanja during his first spell, was not disappointed when he left and refused to believe it when he was rumoured to return but return he did. When that happened, almost everyone on several Chelsea forums was satisfied with what Nemanja was offering. There was however a poster on one of them who would not have it. He insisted that our then number 21 had the turning circle of a tanker and slowed our attacking movements horribly. Even I, who was never a Nemanja fan, criticised that forum member for being too harsh. I soon realised that he was not being harsh enough.

He was pretty good i felt in his first year back here, he was often pressing and intercepting high up (6-0 Arsenal a key example) and anticipating danger, i remember being at The Bridge for his second debut vs Stoke and what stuck in my mind was he anticipated Cole getting skinned by Arnautovic so when that did happen he was ready to sweep up.

Then in 2015 his form, like the rest of the squad bar Hazard's who followed suit in the summer, nosedived, but unlike his teammates he never really got back on it again.

23 hours ago, Tomo said:

He was pretty good i felt in his first year back here, he was often pressing and intercepting high up (6-0 Arsenal a key example) and anticipating danger, i remember being at The Bridge for his second debut vs Stoke and what stuck in my mind was he anticipated Cole getting skinned by Arnautovic so when that did happen he was ready to sweep up.

Then in 2015 his form, like the rest of the squad bar Hazard's who followed suit in the summer, nosedived, but unlike his teammates he never really got back on it again.

OH no we can't go round this argument again can we? :)

I don't buy that version. I felt Nemanja did well in the half season after returning in January '14 and that this form continued, to an extent, into the first six weeks or so of the next season. After that I felt his form, with a few exceptions, reverted to its natural place. That's to say, pretty much the level Man U fans are now complaining about. What Nemanja was doing for us was a contentious issue while he was here, and would be again now if we let it I'm sure. I'm hoping though that we can agree that his form is not our problem anymore, and not burn the many trillions of photons it would take for the forum to dance this dance again.

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Plenty of plastics everywhere.

At least most reds who were raving about Nemanja when they signed him, had the excuse that they had not watched many 90 minute performances from him. Certainly not with the level of scrutiny that fans watch their own players. You'll remember, I'm sure, that those of us here who did not believe in Nemanja faced a lot of Chelsea people opposing our view. I remember being told that I had no clue about football on this very site when I criticised our ex-Serbian but I have an even better example than that.

I watched video of Nemanja when he was rumoured to join us the first time around. He then lined up as a playmaker and I posted to say that he wanted far too long on the ball, that he liked the floated pass way too much, and that I didn't want him. I did not believe in Nemanja during his first spell, was not disappointed when he left and refused to believe it when he was rumoured to return but return he did. When that happened, almost everyone on several Chelsea forums was satisfied with what Nemanja was offering. There was however a poster on one of them who would not have it. He insisted that our then number 21 had the turning circle of a tanker and slowed our attacking movements horribly. Even I, who was never a Nemanja fan, criticised that forum member for being too harsh. I soon realised that he was not being harsh enough.

It's no surprise that United fans have seen the truth. I'm certain they must have seen that they'd signed a dud over the same kind of timescale it took many Chelsea fans to reach the same conclusion.

super breakdown!:wub:

On 13/11/2018 at 10:02 AM, manpe said:

I would find this funny... if we hadn't replaced him with Bakayoko. :doh:

If we had the Bakayoko of his last year at Monaco and now his last 3,4 games at Milan, it wouldn't have mattered, BUT I still think Baka is a donkey. Let him prove me wrong.