test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nathangeorge99

Callum Wilson

Started by nathangeorge99,

120 posts in this topic
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, Vesper said:

Pretty much everything but now is pushing Arnautovic  to us for £50m

It's sad to say this about a man who grew up a Chelsea fan, but Merson knows so little about football it puts producers who keep booking him for their broadcasts to shame. His lack of knowledge is embarrassing. 

Dazzy_Vance and Vesper like this

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Warning_Hazard said:

All the best are shiny!

What grade of shiny?

nah lads look at liverpool

shaqiri was 13m list goes on

also about getting the best out of players

Unless we get a new owner we won't be buying worldies, agents are parasites and ffp to name a few reasons

next they will kill loan market

leicester have shown us all its not about £100m players

That's exactly what I mean when I say it's about recognising the good from the shiny.

Unionjack likes this

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, Mana said:

While I prefer someone with a bigger name...

Wilson is still better than Morata and Giroud put together. Real talk. So if he joins us, I'll be a little sad but it's still an upgrade.

I think we'd all agree that this approach should not be plan A. In fact it's plan C at best. Competition is fierce for the top level player we need but if we want to compete with the best on the pitch, then we have to compete with them in our recruiting. Lots of clubs around Europe are consistently better than we are at identifying quality players at a stage when they are affordable and attainable. That's our challenge.

Spending big on players who we know are below the quality required actually makes it harder for us ever to reach our ultimate aims.

Unionjack, DDA and kc_blue like this

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, BlueLyon said:

The club is beyond stupid if they go after those two for 50m. 50m man. 

We are in dire need for new striker, but thing is we should rather pay 100m on someone who is actualy top instead of forking 50m on those average ones and then splash 50m in summer again.

Will the club realise that paying big on average players is the worst possible solution? Either pay huge and get actual quality or go for bargains, hope it works.

If reports are true, Pool is looking after Werner who might cost only 40m, yet we will end up with someone crappier and pay more.

There have already been many posts following this one (lot's of them by me :)), and there will be many more I'm sure, but BL's comment says all there is to say on this subject

BlueLyon, Unionjack and kc_blue like this

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I know what you mean but it's not about the size of the name, it's about the quality of the player. I'm pretty sure you, me and everyone here agrees with that.

Yeah, I agree. One example of this, look no further - Alvaro Morata.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

Thank God. This lot in the board room need to sort themselves right out. I mean FFS come on. Vardy, Wilson, higuain etc. Surely be to Christ we have someone on scouting duties somewhere who can identify better, long term strikers? I mean if they don't want to pay the 100 mill for icardi then fine but constantly coming up with these 'make do strikers'is pointless. Falcao,pato, Ba, Remy now one of this lot. Bring them in, loan them out again after 18 months, repeat! It's one of the most glaringly poor positions in this team. Why try and mend it for a few months when there are players out there to be bought. Clubs a joke at times

Johnnyeye, kellzfresh and Fernando like this

Bournemouth put £75m price tag on striker Callum Wilson and demand Chelsea pay 25 times his initial cost to pull off January signing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6586347/Bournemouth-75m-price-tag-striker-Callum-Wilson.html

Chelsea transfer EXCLUSIVE: Bournemouth willing to sell Callum Wilson for staggering fee

BOURNEMOUTH want £75m to sell striker Callum Wilson to Chelsea.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753220/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Callum-Wilson-Bournemouth-Exclusive-Rumours

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Bournemouth put £75m price tag on striker Callum Wilson and demand Chelsea pay 25 times his initial cost to pull off January signing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6586347/Bournemouth-75m-price-tag-striker-Callum-Wilson.html

Chelsea transfer EXCLUSIVE: Bournemouth willing to sell Callum Wilson for staggering fee

BOURNEMOUTH want £75m to sell striker Callum Wilson to Chelsea.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753220/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Callum-Wilson-Bournemouth-Exclusive-Rumours

Swap him for Willian, Morata and Alonso? :D

Vesper likes this

38 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Swap him for Willian, Morata and Alonso? :D

Mate II wouldn't need to be asked too many times to agree but why rip them off? bafe477f8e1f2f96df72f75f4cd9fae3.gif

We could try to sell them and buy him.

But then nobody has asked to buy Morata. They all want to loan him.

Vesper likes this

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Mate II wouldn't need to be asked too many times to agree but why rip them off? bafe477f8e1f2f96df72f75f4cd9fae3.gif

We could try to sell them and buy him.

But then nobody has asked to buy Morata. They all want to loan him.

Let's posit that this summer we buy him (say for £60m)

For £60m we get only 2 full years out of him until he hits 30yo.

BAD business.

OhForAGreavsie and Unionjack like this

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Let's posit that this summer we buy him (say for £60m)

For £60m we get only 2 full years out of him until he hits 30yo.

BAD business.

Twats want £75!! Talk to me about GH players being overpriced!!

ALMOST as bad as how much my record collections worth! Mind you I'm not complaining!

50 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

Clearly he's not for sale.  

Vesper likes this

36 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

ALMOST as bad as how much my record collections worth! Mind you I'm not complaining!

I was lowering the price to make it clear that even at £15m less than they are asking it's a bad deal. Not to mention as one ages, knee injuries (which he had a massive one) tend to have a nasty habit of popping back up.

Unionjack likes this

40 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Before this year, the most top flight goals he scored was 8 ffs. He is injured now. Stuck on nine. Is this what £75m buys now???

And people freak out over my suggestions about Jovic and Piatek, who will both score 20 plus league goals at 21 and 23yo and probably cost £20 or £25m less.

Unionjack likes this

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

And people freak out over my suggestions about Jovic and Piatek, who will both score 20 plus league goals at 21 and 23yo and probably cost £20 or £25m less.

No foresight.

Peeps go on about us using yoof but give them great options and ......

Weird/

Vesper likes this

Chelsea are prepared to pay £50million for Bournemouth's Callum Wilson, according to Sky sources.