Callum Wilson

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
7 hours ago, Vesper said:
£50m for Wilson is madness.

People bidding £35m for Arnautovic aren't helping.

he supposedly will cost £50m too

fuck that

we need to either buy Icardi

or, failing that

Jovic or Haller or Piatek

screw these scrubs or fatboys

he supposedly will cost £50m too

fuck that

we need to either buy Icardi

or, failing that

Jovic or Haller or Piatek

screw these scrubs or fatboys

More change of the latter, but I can see a last minute deal for Higuain. I seriously don't want that to happen either

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

obviously a pens, tap ins and 1 on 1 merchant, which means he excels at the kind of chances we create tons of for Morata and Giroud to miss.  Would suit us quite nicely even if he is rather one-dimensional with 0 goals from outside the box and just 3 or so headers. Actually reminds me of a young Higuain. So lets see how the old turns out for that half year and then maybe we get Wilson for 35m or so which would be reasonable if we can't get an absolute A grader like Icardi. 

Higuain is an excellent finisher from pretty much all ranges. One of his best characteristics is his powerful long shot. 

48 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

More change of the latter, but I can see a last minute deal for Higuain. I seriously don't want that to happen either

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Higuain is an excellent finisher from pretty much all ranges. One of his best characteristics is his powerful long shot. 

I dont mind us getting Higuain at all - ON LOAN

But I just dont understand us paying out that kind of money FOR A 1 YEAR CONTRACT!

We surely couldn't/Wouldn't give him over 1 year after such a public argy bargy over Cescys and Luiz's contracts. It would be laughable.

I do reckon he would work under Sarri and find the PL ok tho.

And even tho I would prefer others to Wilson he does already have PL experience and can score! Plus he is HG

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

yeah but i said young higuain. in his early years at Real, which is where i watched most of him i did not really notice him attempting long shots very often or scoring. he used to score a few goals in the 20 yards range at Napoli. No one denies Higuain at his peak was a penhomenal striker but he is 31, has a lot of football in his bones, is not getting any younger, slightly out of shape and in a scoring drought. Wilson on the other hand, albeit not remotedly as talented is in the form of his life, at the best age, super fit, sharp and pacey. Trademark Higuain finish will always be channel of the box hard and low in the bottom far corner. Trademark Wilson finish is rounding the keeper with pace and tapping in empty net. 

36 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

yeah but i said young higuain. in his early years at Real, which is where i watched most of him i did not really notice him attempting long shots very often or scoring. he used to score a few goals in the 20 yards range at Napoli. No one denies Higuain at his peak was a penhomenal striker but he is 31, has a lot of football in his bones, is not getting any younger, slightly out of shape and in a scoring drought. Wilson on the other hand, albeit not remotedly as talented is in the form of his life, at the best age, super fit, sharp and pacey. Trademark Higuain finish will always be channel of the box hard and low in the bottom far corner. Trademark Wilson finish is rounding the keeper with pace and tapping in empty net. 

Wilson does make more sense for us as thats what we need. Someone thats nippy with the ball in the box.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, Vesper said:

Pretty much everything but now is pushing Arnautovic  to us for £50m

It's sad to say this about a man who grew up a Chelsea fan, but Merson knows so little about football it puts producers who keep booking him for their broadcasts to shame. His lack of knowledge is embarrassing. 

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Warning_Hazard said:

All the best are shiny!

What grade of shiny?

nah lads look at liverpool

shaqiri was 13m list goes on

also about getting the best out of players

Unless we get a new owner we won't be buying worldies, agents are parasites and ffp to name a few reasons

next they will kill loan market

leicester have shown us all its not about £100m players

That's exactly what I mean when I say it's about recognising the good from the shiny.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, Mana said:

While I prefer someone with a bigger name...

Wilson is still better than Morata and Giroud put together. Real talk. So if he joins us, I'll be a little sad but it's still an upgrade.

I think we'd all agree that this approach should not be plan A. In fact it's plan C at best. Competition is fierce for the top level player we need but if we want to compete with the best on the pitch, then we have to compete with them in our recruiting. Lots of clubs around Europe are consistently better than we are at identifying quality players at a stage when they are affordable and attainable. That's our challenge.

Spending big on players who we know are below the quality required actually makes it harder for us ever to reach our ultimate aims.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, Mana said:

While I prefer someone with a bigger name...

Wilson is still better than Morata and Giroud put together. Real talk. So if he joins us, I'll be a little sad but it's still an upgrade.

I know what you mean but it's not about the size of the name, it's about the quality of the player. I'm pretty sure you, me and everyone here agrees with that.

Where the size of the name comes in is that the big names are the players we've heard of, and are therefore the ones we can identify as desirable targets. There is lots of proof season after season however, that there are good players out there currently flying under the radar as far as most football fans are concerned. They should not be off the radar of our club however. We have a big budget to spend on scouting and information gathering.

If we don't have enough pull to attract the young, big name players. If we can't afford their price tags, even if we could persuade them to join, then we simply have to up our game in the under the radar market.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, BlueLyon said:

The club is beyond stupid if they go after those two for 50m. 50m man. 

We are in dire need for new striker, but thing is we should rather pay 100m on someone who is actualy top instead of forking 50m on those average ones and then splash 50m in summer again.

Will the club realise that paying big on average players is the worst possible solution? Either pay huge and get actual quality or go for bargains, hope it works.

If reports are true, Pool is looking after Werner who might cost only 40m, yet we will end up with someone crappier and pay more.

There have already been many posts following this one (lot's of them by me :)), and there will be many more I'm sure, but BL's comment says all there is to say on this subject

Thank God. This lot in the board room need to sort themselves right out. I mean FFS come on. Vardy, Wilson, higuain etc. Surely be to Christ we have someone on scouting duties somewhere who can identify better, long term strikers? I mean if they don't want to pay the 100 mill for icardi then fine but constantly coming up with these 'make do strikers'is pointless. Falcao,pato, Ba, Remy now one of this lot. Bring them in, loan them out again after 18 months, repeat! It's one of the most glaringly poor positions in this team. Why try and mend it for a few months when there are players out there to be bought. Clubs a joke at times

Bournemouth put £75m price tag on striker Callum Wilson and demand Chelsea pay 25 times his initial cost to pull off January signing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6586347/Bournemouth-75m-price-tag-striker-Callum-Wilson.html

Chelsea transfer EXCLUSIVE: Bournemouth willing to sell Callum Wilson for staggering fee

BOURNEMOUTH want £75m to sell striker Callum Wilson to Chelsea.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753220/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Callum-Wilson-Bournemouth-Exclusive-Rumours

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Bournemouth put £75m price tag on striker Callum Wilson and demand Chelsea pay 25 times his initial cost to pull off January signing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6586347/Bournemouth-75m-price-tag-striker-Callum-Wilson.html

Chelsea transfer EXCLUSIVE: Bournemouth willing to sell Callum Wilson for staggering fee

BOURNEMOUTH want £75m to sell striker Callum Wilson to Chelsea.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/753220/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Callum-Wilson-Bournemouth-Exclusive-Rumours

Swap him for Willian, Morata and Alonso? :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You