• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

At times it's hard to understand what goes through Morata's head, but I feel our biggest chance was Willian's. He had to score there or better pass to Morata who could have just passed the ball into the empty net. 

Only four points behind, nothing changes. Still unbeaten and congrats to Sarri on holding the record now. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United lost. Arsenal dropped points at home. That point not too bad in the end when you see the table. We were never going to realistically compete with City and top 4 is our main target so I am content now.

2 hours ago, BXL70 said:

How come we have spent around $100 million to buy these frauds of Bakayoto and Morata. While in the meantime we have sold to direct competitors and for peanuts the likes of Kevin De Bruyne and Mo. Salah. I do not understand. 

De Bruyne was shunned by Mou.
Salah was given many opportunities but he was n't really showing anything back then, while the one who was treated unjustly was Cuadrado.
Bakayoko was a fraud and in this case he was the first choice transfer of the season from as early as May 2016. It proves that the team's scouting is poor. In the case of Ross Barkley it was a last minute buy but Bakayoko was supposed to be the new Francescoli (b*ll*x).
Morata is another mediocrity. Remy was better and Bats also. I 'd never spend 100 million for a bench player, of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Botafogo - anybody's.

This team is what it is. Third or fourth place is a must for us, third would obviously be better and I think is most realistic.
Only thing bothering me is that Sarri won't even try playing without Kante sometimes.
Arsenal drew, United fell even in deeper shit after this loss so... not bad.

2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

De Bruyne was shunned by Mou.
Salah was given many opportunities but he was n't really showing anything back then, while the one who was treated unjustly was Cuadrado.
Bakayoko was a fraud and in this case he was the first choice transfer of the season from as early as May 2016. It proves that the team's scouting is poor. In the case of Ross Barkley it was a last minute buy but Bakayoko was supposed to be the new Francescoli (b*ll*x).
Morata is another mediocrity. Remy was better and Bats also. I 'd never spend 100 million for a bench player, of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Botafogo - anybody's.

Think it was the other way around between Salah and Cuadrado. Salah was also much younger then (20) while Cuadrado was already experienced.

We historically fucked up with Salah... there is no way around it IMO. The coaches and scouts are there to assess potential otherwise what's the point?

One of our poorest overall performances... completely contained at home by Everton. Had Bernard not been the shitty player I know he is, and we'd have lost the match.

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

Think it was the other way around between Salah and Cuadrado. Salah was also much younger then (20) while Cuadrado was already experienced.

We historically fucked up with Salah... there is no way around it IMO. The coaches and scouts are there to assess potential otherwise what's the point?

One of our poorest overall performances... completely contained at home by Everton. Had Bernard not been the shitty player I know he is, and we'd have lost the match.

It is annoying when we have talent and don't see it.. Then comes back to bite us and we regret when another team does. 

Yep salah definitely one of the worst. He's on fire and yet.. Who knows the logic. Sure happen again though 

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

Had Bernard not been the shitty player I know he is, and we'd have lost the match.

But on the flip side, had Morata not been shitty in front of goal, we would have the match. Had 2-3 good chances but in true Morata fashion, failed to make any thing decisive with them.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

But on the flip side, had Morata not been shitty in front of goal, we would have the match. Had 2-3 good chances but in true Morata fashion, failed to make any thing decisive with them.

I will partially disagree with you there, because I don't think our attacking output today was anywhere near good enough. So, while a top striker might have won the game for us, we know Morata isn't one. I just fail to be surprised by the same thing over and over again... it's not an american sitcom after all... :)

For the last 2 games, Luis and Rudiger kept the ball too long. Instead of passing the wall quickly to the midfielders, they hold on to the ball. Instead of passing the ball to the midfielders ,they sent long balls forwards. 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

It is annoying when we have talent and don't see it.. Then comes back to bite us and we regret when another team does. 

Yep salah definitely one of the worst. He's on fire and yet.. Who knows the logic. Sure happen again though 

Yah , they made so many mistakes time after time of letting good potential players off. Something wrong with their eyes or the system at Chelsea?

4 hours ago, Robguima said:

I will partially disagree with you there, because I don't think our attacking output today was anywhere near good enough. So, while a top striker might have won the game for us, we know Morata isn't one. I just fail to be surprised by the same thing over and over again... it's not an american sitcom after all... :)

But we're talking ifs and buts here, no? You said you knew Bernard is a shitty player and yet, it didn't stop you from going there...

Nice play by Gana and Gomes. Stuffed us. Good defending by Everton today.

Can't really fault Morata much in this one( yea, he had chances and offside calls); I thought this match highlighted our deficiencies in MF and fullbacks.

We just don't have enough to punch through like an elite side.

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

We need Icardi. Dont care what the haters say. He is a transcendent, ruthless scorer. Only needs ONE chance and it's BANG in the net. Seen it for 5, 6 years now.

I haven’t seen it as you have but this must be an exaggeration. Either that or Icardi doesn’t get many chances. The truth is that not even Jimmy Greaves needed just one chance and he’s the best pure finisher who ever lived.

I take your point though. Icardi would upgrade our side significantly. 

We came out in this game in fourth gear and never changed, is it down to going to fucking belarus? but it seems to me that going to these outpost does take something out of the team.

It's now become obvious that it's not only morata (and i've stood by him all the time he's been here) he's now added another attribute to his game diving in the box to win a penalty, then there's willian another player I stood by but he's gone at the game along with pedro who i've never rated.

there's only hazard of the front three that's earning their corn, we don't just need a striker we need a top quality winger as well, if hazard leaves next season we wont have a front three, we've on got a front one atm.

Sarri will never change a front three of hazrad, morata and either willian or pedro.....yes! i know he sometimes uses giroud but he aint much better.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I haven’t seen it as you have but this must be an exaggeration. Either that or Icardi doesn’t get many chances. The truth is that not even Jimmy Greaves needed just one chance and he’s the best pure finisher who ever lived. 

Unfortunately Alf Ramsey didn't agree with the rest of us, and put in a fucking work horse inside right.

4 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Unfortunately Alf Ramsey didn't agree with the rest of us, and put in a fucking work horse inside right.

Greaves would not have lost his place had he not been injured but, the truth is, that by 1966 the alcoholism had already taken a toll on Greaves. There’s a great story about a Tottenham player complaining at half time about Greaves standing around on the halfway line, doing nothing as usual. The manager told the player that if he scored 40 goals a season like Greaves then he could go and stand there next to him.

Its a nice story but although Jimmy’s talent ranks with the game’s all time greats, the truth is that he drank it away and ultimately wasted it. His statistics reflect his immense ability, but his overall accomplishments betray how much the booze held him back.