• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Morata
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Didn’t even think he looked good going forward. Just looks a rather ordinary player to me.

People tell me Emerson was special before his injury. Well I can’t categorically deny that because I did not watch him enough pre injury to form a valid opinion. I have been watching football a very, very long time however and I’ve heard that excuse hundreds of times. Almost always I’ve felt it just means people overestimated a player during his honeymoon period and blaming an injury is more comfortable than admitting they were wrong. 

He was a far better player pre Roma injury, he has most definitely lost a step and is less explosive, and I did not want him here, as I had suspicion he would be like Zouma, perma damaged, as they had similar knee injuries.

I was ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way in for Alex Sandro back then. I was just sickened that we never got him after 3, 4 tries. The other one that just hurt so much on the multiple fail ront was Nainggolan, and also Koulibaly. Those 3, plus KdB sale are the worst memories I have of the last 5 years in market, plus the Drinkwater buy. Bakayoko (even though I so so wanted Bernardo more) I was actually  bit excited about. as I thought we would also get Thomas Lemar as well, as that was what Baka was saying (Agent Baka, lol) I still cannot believe he is such a poor player, he truly looked the dog bollocks (and against some great teams) at Monaco

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Cahill, Christensen and Emerson all were shocking defensively. Christensen wants more game time then he has to improve ten times over, even with the ball offers nowhere near what Luiz or Rudi can, can't break the lines and always seems to be more concerned with going backwards or sideways when he can look forward. Cahill is finished here, shocking on the ball, pass to Cesc before that Derby goal was shocking, gave Cesc no chance. Emerson looked decent going forward but struggled coming back.

It just goes to show how important the quartet of Jorginho, Luiz, Rudiger and Kepa are to us to start attacks and maintain control.

Derby man marked fabregas, and he couldn't get out because of his poor mobility and this caused Cahill and Christensen to have the ball a lot more. But they have no creative ability like Rudiger and Luiz so we couldn't create passes between the lines as usual. If people press us high, Kepa finds passes straight to Alonso or Hazard from deep and Rudiger finds Morata or Hazard with long range passes, Caballero, Christensen and especially Cahill were terrible at this. Once the foundation from the buildup play is iffy, then the rest of the team cant cope. Credit to Derby for pressing us high like a big team but our team B didn't cover themselves in glory.

4 hours ago, Stats said:

Man, he has looked so average this season. I was surprised to see him starting tonight but was hoping to see him put in a top performance. Thought he was quite average and looks lost in the system once again. He basically is doing box to box but not having no real control on the game. He is always given the excuse that he does all the hard work but he needs to offer more. More quality with the ball and being a total destroyer. I don't think he is doing either. He gets caught lacking on the ball and is not actually winning a shed load of tackles. He will keep his place, but Sarri needs to get more out of him in the system because he just looks average imo for several games I have watched this season.

Just put in another striker and cross more. Problem is, Sarri always starts Jorginho and gets 70% possession so what is a Kante supposed to do for 90 minutes???

26 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

so what is a Kante supposed to do for 90 minutes???

Man mark Alonso from behind with a box of Swan Vestas, constantly lighting one up and holding it to his arse to make him speed up beyond his usually pony trot.

21 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Open to debate that one I never saw Greaves play and his heart is in N17. Osgood and Zola Chelsea's greatest ever for me.

Ossie was my boyhood hero so for me he is, and always wil be, The King. A magnificent player at his best, he nevertheless was a long way behind Greavesie as a footballer. At his peak, Jimmy would have been in most people’s world XI, Ossie never approached that level. In truth, a comparison between the two is a no contest.

I don’t keep up to date with these things so this may no longer be true but for decades Jimmy’s career goals per minute ratio was the best ever in Europe’s top five leagues. As a teenager his goals kept a relegation calibre Chelsea squad in the top devision. As soon as he left we were relegated.

There are videos which show glimpses of Greavsie’s greatness but bear in mind that the vast majority of his games were not recorded. Most of Jimmy’s genius is lost forever and now can only be devined from his remarkable stats. Stats which were achieved in an era when conditions were much less favourable to attacking players. The offside rule, the back pass rule, tackling from behind, lenient refereeing and dodgy pitches all made life much harder for strikers than it is now. 

26 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Ossie was my boyhood hero so for me he is, and always wil be, The King. A magnificent player at his best, he nevertheless was a long way behind Greavesie as a footballer. At his peak, Jimmy would have been in most people’s world XI, Ossie never approached that level. In truth, a comparison between the two is a no contest.

I don’t keep up to date with these things so this may no longer be true but for decades Jimmy’s career goals per minute ratio was the best ever in Europe’s top five leagues. As a teenager his goals kept a relegation calibre Chelsea squad in the top devision. As soon as he left we were relegated.

There are videos which show glimpses of Greavsie’s greatness but bear in mind that the vast majority of his games were not recorded. Most of Jimmy’s genius is lost forever and now can only be devined from his remarkable stats. Stats which were achieved in an era when conditions were much less favourable to attacking players. The offside rule, the back pass rule, tackling from behind, lenient refereeing and dodgy pitches all made life much harder for strikers than it is now. 

Way before my time, but from all I have seen and his stats in a much more striker-hostile game, I would take peak Greaves over any other striker we have ever had, Drogba included. Shame he ended up playing so much for fucking Spuds.

35 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

All good points Greavsie it's similar to Duncan Edwards who was outstanding but only people who saw him in the flesh could say how good he really was. I like Jimmy Greaves but as I said he's a Tottenham man and  that taints his legacy a bit.

11 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Open to debate that one I never saw Greaves play and his heart is in N17. Osgood and Zola Chelsea's greatest ever for me.

Osgood my first great Chelsea hero who I had the pleasure of shaking his hand and got his autograph which I not cannot find!!) I remember crying when he left for Southampton.

17 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Greaves on the bench? Chrlsea’s greatest ever player a substitute? The manager making that decision is headed for the sack. 😊

Only done that because he was more a Spud (as Iggy said) than a Blue. But a real footballer who deserved a fairer crack at the game. Dont think Ossie would have fitted into Sarriball but boy did I idolise him. A signed (Authentic) photo of the 1972 team in their Blue and Yellow kit, with Ossie, Houseman, Chopper, Garland, Hollins, Bonetti, etc has pride of place on my sitting room wall never to be removed until I'm divorced or die :D:D.

21 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Only done that because he was more a Spud (as Iggy said) than a Blue. But a real footballer who deserved a fairer crack at the game. Dont think Ossie would have fitted into Sarriball but boy did I idolise him. A signed (Authentic) photo of the 1972 team in their Blue and Yellow kit, with Ossie, Houseman, Chopper, Garland, Hollins, Bonetti, etc has pride of place on my sitting room wall never to be removed until I'm divorced or die :D:D.

Divorced? No way she gets to keep that picture surely. The house? Pah, The bank account? Piff. The kids? Tough but if that's what's best for them then it has to be. The Blues of 1972? Over your solicitors dead body!