• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Morata
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

10 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Not good enough against a championship side. When Hazard isn't on the pitch the lack of cutting edge in the final third is really noticeable. 

We have shown we can be threatening and win games even without Hazard - remember 4-0 v Burnley just last Sunday - but the problem was, Sarri chose to play a non-threatening midfield trio and stick Loftus-Cheek out wide. It's all good the trio of Jorginho/Fabregas, Kovacic and Kante control the midfield but what's the point of that if there's not even an ounce of goal threat? Feel like Barkley and/or Pedro have/has to play more often, especially if Hazard isn't in the XI.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't get that logic. If we want to keep him, then the best way to do it is to give him as much game time as possible, so that he wants to renew regardless of who is interested. 

Which one did you not get? Ah the pressure against promising youngsters preventing them from getting minutes and showcase their talent? happens all the time during contract negotiations. Clubs have very little leverage these days, so they use whatever they can.

You are reading as if I'm saying what's the best course of action. And what I am actually doing is trying to understand what the situation the club is in and why they are doing what they are doing. I tend to give paid (some very well) professionals the benefit of the doubt, esp when dealing with contracts.

Anyway, I do hope they know what they are doing.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Palace are playing like shit at least. last 5 games 4 losses and a draw

They always raise their game against us, especially Zaha. I think we havent beaten them in 3 games if Im not mistaken. 

10 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

That was shit, if we play like that on sunday we getting pammed 4-0

We won't, it was a second string makeshift team that has never played together before. We rested our key players, gave backups game time and won against a tough side throwing their best at our worst. Job done. These games have never been indicative of how our actual first team will perform.

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Palace are playing like shit at least. last 5 games 4 losses and a draw

Palace owned Arsenal for the last 20 mins last weekend. So not an easy game for us on Sunday. And those f@ckers always raise their game when playing us

34 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Cahill is finished here, shocking on the ball, pass to Cesc before that Derby goal was shocking, gave Cesc no chance.

Shocking is an understatement. That was a stupid pass of the highest order from Cahill. It's like he didn't even read the situation and think whether it's good to pass the ball into traffic (heck, it wasn't even rocket science!) and hell, it's not like Fabregas is someone who is capable of receiving the ball and turning defence into attack in tight spaces like Hazard. Honestly, if he dares to moan about the lack of playing time again, someone needs to show him this pathetic performance!

I can only class tonights game as a "lazy performance". That defence was a shambles. Midfield looked bright and energetic early on but need to create more. Loads of neat touches, but no end products as in shots on target. Which brings me on to our Striker....And the less said about him the better !!!

Just now, Starman60 said:

Midfield looked bright and energetic early on but need to create more.

Someone needs to tell Sarri that the midfield trio of Jorginho/Fabregas-Kovacic-Kante aren't going to create enough chances and provide goalscoring threat.

32 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

That was shit, if we play like that on sunday we getting pammed 4-0

We haven't lost by 4 or more goals for 16 years and have played worse than this against better teams than Palace , what on earth makes you think Palace could succeed where hundreds others have failed? :lol: 

That was really funny. We wee pretty dire and they did deserve it but somehow.. The defending and passing was very intresting and different at times... 

But so glad to see Frank got such a lovely reception. Not that expected anything less and that he came round at the end to say bye. 

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Kante has been basically invisible

Everyone rants about how he needs to be on for defence, well I havent seen shit

Man, he has looked so average this season. I was surprised to see him starting tonight but was hoping to see him put in a top performance. Thought he was quite average and looks lost in the system once again. He basically is doing box to box but not having no real control on the game. He is always given the excuse that he does all the hard work but he needs to offer more. More quality with the ball and being a total destroyer. I don't think he is doing either. He gets caught lacking on the ball and is not actually winning a shed load of tackles. He will keep his place, but Sarri needs to get more out of him in the system because he just looks average imo for several games I have watched this season.

Shocking is an understatement. That was a stupid pass of the highest order from Cahill. It's like he didn't even read the situation and think whether it's good to pass the ball into traffic (heck, it wasn't even rocket science!) and hell, it's not like Fabregas is someone who is capable of receiving the ball and turning defence into attack in tight spaces like Hazard. Honestly, if he dares to moan about the lack of playing time again, someone needs to show him this pathetic performance!
AC can't have much to shout about either. Got his chance against a Championship side and looked just as poor for the most part.

interesting draw, Arsenal got Spurs at home and we got Bournemouth at home in the next round, not bad at all, of course its not gonna be easy at all, if Sarri fields a team like today we will be murdered, we barely scraped past Derby who played well tbf and on another day they would have caused a major upset. This game showed many flaws in some of our players, Cahill and AC in particular, others will have to raise their game too. On to next game.

One thing is certain there will be one less top side in the next round,  Arsenal or Tottenham, one of them will be going home, i actually fancy our chances in the EFL Cup, but we will have to wait and see. Cheers

6 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Mickey Droy and Doug Rougvie would have loved Sarriball :P:P. You gotta put Jimmy Greaves, Charlie Cooke and Pat Nevin on the subs Bench

Greaves on the bench? Chrlsea’s greatest ever player a substitute? The manager making that decision is headed for the sack. 😊

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Emerson looked decent going forward but struggled coming back.

Didn’t even think he looked good going forward. Just looks a rather ordinary player to me.

People tell me Emerson was special before his injury. Well I can’t categorically deny that because I did not watch him enough pre injury to form a valid opinion. I have been watching football a very, very long time however and I’ve heard that excuse hundreds of times. Almost always I’ve felt it just means people overestimated a player during his honeymoon period and blaming an injury is more comfortable than admitting they were wrong.