test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 3-2 Derby County

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   2 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Zappacosta
    • Cahill
    • Christensen
    • Emerson
    • Fabregas
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Morata
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

159 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I will rephrase, I cannot vote any of our on field players (playing for CFC tonight) as worthy of MOTM. Our 2 loanees were good except fot that horrific own goal. For actual Derby players that have nothing to do with CFC, I would go for Lawrence for MOTM.

I know what you meant.  I was just overstating how shit that was by picking our lonaees as MOTM.  

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I know what you meant.  I was just overstating how shit that was by picking our lonaees as MOTM.  

lolol, yes, literally

Weird game. Actually though we played some nice football at times but that was mostly in the midfield area. 

Didn't really threaten in the final third. I think we had only 2 chances where the goalkeeper had to make a save. Both on a setpiece. 2 owngoals and a deflected fabregas goal. 

Not good enough against a championship side. When Hazard isn't on the pitch the lack of cutting edge in the final third is really noticeable. 

Defensively... fucking hell. Cahill isn't suited to SArri ball. We already knew that. Christensen can be as unhappy as he wants. If he wants to get into the team then he's going to have to do a lot better then what he showed tonight.

Emerson needs to focus. Feels like he regularly goes to sleep. 

In the end lucky to get away with the win.

Thought Kovacic was our best player.   RLC did well too. Fabregas not good enough defensively. Same old Willian. Some good moments but simply doesn't deliver in the final third.

Johnnyeye likes this

Worst performance of the season by a country mile and does show up some deficiencies in the depth of our defence.

It's deceptive because the stats will show we dominated possession but the vast majority was across the back line with none either capable or confident enough to pass through the press. Therefore we'd either have defenders taking way too many touches instead of one or two touch (Cahill I think truly believes he's a clone of Beckenbauer) and then rather than keeping short and passing into our midfield we banged the ball long. 

Luiz is not the greatest defender, never will be and will more than likely be the cause of some goals conceded this season. But immediately upon his arrival we did get a much firmer grip on the game and started beating their press and finding Fabregas and Kovacic. This game was the biggest example to show why Sarri plays Luiz currently.

And the few I've seen who suggest Zappacosta should get a chance over Azpilicueta at right back. Sorry I don't see this myself. 

One of my very few positives from the game (besides winning of course, it was a cup game after all so result tonight was more important than performance) - I actually felt it was the best all round game Morata has played in a long while. He looked bright, lots of running and actually held the ball up well and brought others into play with his back to goal. He still has a lot of work to do and will come up against much better defenders but his change in attitude to this part of his game was a big plus and will make a big difference to our overall game if he keeps doing this.

Vybzkartel, DYC. and Johnnyeye like this

2 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

That was shit, if we play like that on sunday we getting pammed 4-0

Palace are playing like shit at least. last 5 games 4 losses and a draw

10 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Not good enough against a championship side. When Hazard isn't on the pitch the lack of cutting edge in the final third is really noticeable. 

We have shown we can be threatening and win games even without Hazard - remember 4-0 v Burnley just last Sunday - but the problem was, Sarri chose to play a non-threatening midfield trio and stick Loftus-Cheek out wide. It's all good the trio of Jorginho/Fabregas, Kovacic and Kante control the midfield but what's the point of that if there's not even an ounce of goal threat? Feel like Barkley and/or Pedro have/has to play more often, especially if Hazard isn't in the XI.

Johnnyeye likes this

33 minutes ago, manpe said:

I don't get that logic. If we want to keep him, then the best way to do it is to give him as much game time as possible, so that he wants to renew regardless of who is interested. 

Which one did you not get? Ah the pressure against promising youngsters preventing them from getting minutes and showcase their talent? happens all the time during contract negotiations. Clubs have very little leverage these days, so they use whatever they can.

You are reading as if I'm saying what's the best course of action. And what I am actually doing is trying to understand what the situation the club is in and why they are doing what they are doing. I tend to give paid (some very well) professionals the benefit of the doubt, esp when dealing with contracts.

Anyway, I do hope they know what they are doing.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

They always raise their game against us, especially Zaha. I think we havent beaten them in 3 games if Im not mistaken. 

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Vybzkartel said:

They always raise their game against us, especially Zaha. I think we havent beaten them in 3 games if Im not mistaken. 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka v Alonso super worries me. He has insane pace.

Johnnyeye likes this

10 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We won't, it was a second string makeshift team that has never played together before. We rested our key players, gave backups game time and won against a tough side throwing their best at our worst. Job done. These games have never been indicative of how our actual first team will perform.

Johnnyeye likes this

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Palace owned Arsenal for the last 20 mins last weekend. So not an easy game for us on Sunday. And those f@ckers always raise their game when playing us

Johnnyeye likes this

I can only class tonights game as a "lazy performance". That defence was a shambles. Midfield looked bright and energetic early on but need to create more. Loads of neat touches, but no end products as in shots on target. Which brings me on to our Striker....And the less said about him the better !!!

Johnnyeye likes this

Just now, Starman60 said:

Midfield looked bright and energetic early on but need to create more.

Someone needs to tell Sarri that the midfield trio of Jorginho/Fabregas-Kovacic-Kante aren't going to create enough chances and provide goalscoring threat.

Vesper, Johnnyeye and Sideshow Luiz like this

32 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We haven't lost by 4 or more goals for 16 years and have played worse than this against better teams than Palace , what on earth makes you think Palace could succeed where hundreds others have failed? :lol: 

Johnnyeye, Iggy Doonican and Vesper like this

45 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

No we won't and what the fuck does pammed mean ?