• Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I thought you meant our players.  Those were the only 2 that did anything.  Tomori for us, Mount for his team.

I will rephrase, I cannot vote any of our on field players (playing for CFC tonight) as worthy of MOTM. Our 2 loanees were good except fot that horrific own goal. For actual Derby players that have nothing to do with CFC, I would go for Lawrence for MOTM.

Cahill, Christensen and Emerson all were shocking defensively. Christensen wants more game time then he has to improve ten times over, even with the ball offers nowhere near what Luiz or Rudi can, can't break the lines and always seems to be more concerned with going backwards or sideways when he can look forward. Cahill is finished here, shocking on the ball, pass to Cesc before that Derby goal was shocking, gave Cesc no chance. Emerson looked decent going forward but struggled coming back.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I will rephrase, I cannot vote any of our on field players (playing for CFC tonight) as worthy of MOTM. Our 2 loanees were good except fot that horrific own goal. For actual Derby players that have nothing to do with CFC, I would go for Lawrence for MOTM.

I know what you meant.  I was just overstating how shit that was by picking our lonaees as MOTM.  

Weird game. Actually though we played some nice football at times but that was mostly in the midfield area. 

Didn't really threaten in the final third. I think we had only 2 chances where the goalkeeper had to make a save. Both on a setpiece. 2 owngoals and a deflected fabregas goal. 

Not good enough against a championship side. When Hazard isn't on the pitch the lack of cutting edge in the final third is really noticeable. 

Defensively... fucking hell. Cahill isn't suited to SArri ball. We already knew that. Christensen can be as unhappy as he wants. If he wants to get into the team then he's going to have to do a lot better then what he showed tonight.

Emerson needs to focus. Feels like he regularly goes to sleep. 

In the end lucky to get away with the win.

Thought Kovacic was our best player.   RLC did well too. Fabregas not good enough defensively. Same old Willian. Some good moments but simply doesn't deliver in the final third.

Worst performance of the season by a country mile and does show up some deficiencies in the depth of our defence.

It's deceptive because the stats will show we dominated possession but the vast majority was across the back line with none either capable or confident enough to pass through the press. Therefore we'd either have defenders taking way too many touches instead of one or two touch (Cahill I think truly believes he's a clone of Beckenbauer) and then rather than keeping short and passing into our midfield we banged the ball long. 

Luiz is not the greatest defender, never will be and will more than likely be the cause of some goals conceded this season. But immediately upon his arrival we did get a much firmer grip on the game and started beating their press and finding Fabregas and Kovacic. This game was the biggest example to show why Sarri plays Luiz currently.

And the few I've seen who suggest Zappacosta should get a chance over Azpilicueta at right back. Sorry I don't see this myself. 

One of my very few positives from the game (besides winning of course, it was a cup game after all so result tonight was more important than performance) - I actually felt it was the best all round game Morata has played in a long while. He looked bright, lots of running and actually held the ball up well and brought others into play with his back to goal. He still has a lot of work to do and will come up against much better defenders but his change in attitude to this part of his game was a big plus and will make a big difference to our overall game if he keeps doing this.