• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Morata
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

just mashed up a team made up of old and new players for sarriball, what you think?

Cech

Ivanovic    Terry   Carvalho  A.Cole

Essien

Lamps            Cesc

Hazard                          Zola

Drogba

Mickey Droy and Doug Rougvie would have loved Sarriball :P:P. You gotta put Jimmy Greaves, Charlie Cooke and Pat Nevin on the subs Bench

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we cant hold onto arguably our best academy product in the last 15 years, we are so fucked.

Did you watch CHO in preseason? Ridiculous to say he may not be all that good. also, how would the club know already he is leaving? He has not put in a transfer request nor a loan request (although loan request may be coming very soon)

I repeat, it is a disaster if both CHO and Eden leave, our present and our future out the fucking door.

We do have a problem holding on to young players, no argument there.

I did not say he's not that good, just that the coaches might (keyword here since I don't know) think he's not worth what he/his agent is asking to renew. Personally, I couldn't care less about preseason though - they don't tackle in preseason. Maybe he stinks in practice and cannot withstand the tackling of senior players. Someone who watches him in practice may shed some light.

Once again, I did not say it's not a disaster, or that he's not great, just that we don't know what they, at the club, think of him. Nor do we Know the communication between the player and club. Is the agent asking for too much? Is he just hard to find? Unwilling to discuss a new deal? Some of these folks at the club, esp scouts, make a lot of money and are well connected.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

just mashed up a team made up of old and new players for sarriball, what you think?

Cech

Ivanovic    Terry   Carvalho  A.Cole

Essien

Lamps            Cesc

Hazard                          Zola

Drogba

Gus Poyet would be a terror in MF in Sarriball.

4 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Mickey Droy and Doug Rougvie would have loved Sarriball :P:P. You gotta put Jimmy Greaves, Charlie Cooke and Pat Nevin on the subs Bench

didnt see many of those players play as i wasnt born yet hehe :D but for sure many of them would fit in well in this team. Cheers mate

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

didnt see many of those players play as i wasnt born yet hehe :D but for sure many of them would fit in well in this team. Cheers mate

Same here. I asked my father on Skype and he said Doug Rougvie's nickname was Thug Rougvie, lolol.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

UNREAL

Sarri puts on Pedro (who gets injured by a gust of wind) OVER CHO and fucking pulls AC and leaves CAHILL ON!!!!!!!!!

I am fucking PISSSSSSED

Why are you surprised. Sarri has never won a trophy and League Cup is by far his best chance to win at least something

No CHO yet again:middlefinger:

This is also killing his development. Its madness that other big clubs seem to to get their youngsters at least SOME time and we don't give them a sniff. It also puts our starters at risk of injury and grinds them down further due to massive minutes.

this is the worst I have seen us play all year.

The lack of effort on defence is very worrisome, most of our players are simply being beat to every ball or certainly most. Cahill and Cesc are 100000000% shot, they are slower than most of the Derby players.

I refuse to pick MOTM

there has been no good player for us, Willian has reverted back to shit even on the LW

Kovavcic and RLC (out of position even) are only remotely oki performances

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

Isn't CHO's deal running out soon? In such cases, it may not be in the club's best interest to give the player a lot of playing time.

Yes, it (not giving him minutes) may make the player unhappy, but it may also diminish his value to potential buyers, which at the same time makes whatever the club is offering more appealing to him/agent.

I'm not saying we do great with youth, far from it, just that things are a bit more complicated than than when you are dealing with contracts, agents, and individual career goals/ambition.

I don't get that logic. If we want to keep him, then the best way to do it is to give him as much game time as possible, so that he wants to renew regardless of who is interested.