• Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

That"s a good point but also as our current manager has shown, if you are talented and dedicated enough eventually a path will open up and i do believe Jody has that type of talent as a coach.

I fully agree with your Frank and JT assessments, as much as i love John i feel he can sometimes see things too black and white (his comments on Savage) and gets a bit too caught up in feuds (calling out Rafa two years on) both of which were massive red flags in my eyes. 

Have always felt Lampard is an intelligent person, is decisive, someone he knows what he's saying and what he wants etc. But how is he faring at Derby on the tactical side of things, his in-game management etc? Is he just like Harry Redknapp or better?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Have always felt Lampard is an intelligent person, is decisive, someone he knows what he's saying and what he wants etc. But how is he faring at Derby on the tactical side of things, his in-game management etc? Is he just like Harry Redknapp or better?

From what i have read on Derby forums he plays high energy one touch attacking football with emphasis on being on the front foot (which is quite ironic given how much he resisted when AVB tried to implement that here). There's been a few rocky results (which you can expect taking over a Rowett side and trying to turn the team into a possession orientated outfit, from the vibe im getting also from the Derby forums he made Pulis look like Guardiola) but all in all Derby fans couldn't be happier with Lamps, Jody and co so far.

I have myself only watched one Derby match so far when Leeds comfortably beat them 4-1, but you can excuse Lamps that one as playing a manager as experienced as Marcelo Bielsa on only your second ever game as a manager was always going to be an uphill battle.

I am going to go batshit crazy if Sarri starts fucking Moses over CHO and ends up not playing CHO at all or only at the death of the game. Moses needs to be in the stands with Drinkwater, and never see a second of field time again for us. FFS sell Moses, Cahill, Drinkwater, and Bakayoko ASAP. Give Bats and Baba 2 LONG looks next year, in preseason, and sell them too if they are not going to be played. Same for Zouma as well, although I am sure he is never going to return to his pre-injury level. It's been years now. Damn shame, he would have been a beast of a CB.

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

CHO needs to leave this club, sadly. We simply don't do youth.

i feel for the lad, i dont understand Sarri seriously, this is the type of game to get CHO involved, its not like we are facing a top side, with all due respect to Derby. Maybe CHO will have mins later in the game, but i would have started him, i cant understand this obsession Sarri has with William

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

CHO on the bench?

RLC, Kante, Fabregas, and Kovacic?   What?

FFS! RLC at winger over CHO???? Willian better be at LW. If Sarri plays RLC at LW and Willian at RW I am going to lose my mind. GRRRRRRRR

A tough game ahead, but I think we will win this. Franks a Chelsea legend but he is not familiar with Sarri's style so I expect a victory. Just a bit saddened that CHO and some more youth aren't getting a run. Playing Willian and Morata isn't the smartest move with Palace at the weekend

Isn't CHO's deal running out soon? In such cases, it may not be in the club's best interest to give the player a lot of playing time.

Yes, it (not giving him minutes) may make the player unhappy, but it may also diminish his value to potential buyers, which at the same time makes whatever the club is offering more appealing to him/agent.

I'm not saying we do great with youth, far from it, just that things are a bit more complicated than than when you are dealing with contracts, agents, and individual career goals/ambition.