test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 3-2 Derby County

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   2 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Zappacosta
    • Cahill
    • Christensen
    • Emerson
    • Fabregas
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Morata
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

159 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Have always felt Lampard is an intelligent person, is decisive, someone he knows what he's saying and what he wants etc. But how is he faring at Derby on the tactical side of things, his in-game management etc? Is he just like Harry Redknapp or better?

From what i have read on Derby forums he plays high energy one touch attacking football with emphasis on being on the front foot (which is quite ironic given how much he resisted when AVB tried to implement that here). There's been a few rocky results (which you can expect taking over a Rowett side and trying to turn the team into a possession orientated outfit, from the vibe im getting also from the Derby forums he made Pulis look like Guardiola) but all in all Derby fans couldn't be happier with Lamps, Jody and co so far.

I have myself only watched one Derby match so far when Leeds comfortably beat them 4-1, but you can excuse Lamps that one as playing a manager as experienced as Marcelo Bielsa on only your second ever game as a manager was always going to be an uphill battle.

manpe, Jason and Johnnyeye like this

19 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Bet365 - they are allowed cup matches.

I don't think it will available in India.

I am going to go batshit crazy if Sarri starts fucking Moses over CHO and ends up not playing CHO at all or only at the death of the game. Moses needs to be in the stands with Drinkwater, and never see a second of field time again for us. FFS sell Moses, Cahill, Drinkwater, and Bakayoko ASAP. Give Bats and Baba 2 LONG looks next year, in preseason, and sell them too if they are not going to be played. Same for Zouma as well, although I am sure he is never going to return to his pre-injury level. It's been years now. Damn shame, he would have been a beast of a CB.

56 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am going to go batshit crazy if Sarri starts fucking Moses over CHO and ends up not playing CHO at all or only at the death of the game. Moses needs to be in the stands with Drinkwater, and never see a second of field time again for us. FFS sell Moses, Cahill, Drinkwater, and Bakayoko ASAP. Give Bats and Baba 2 LONG looks next year, in preseason, and sell them too if they are not going to be played. Same for Zouma as well, although I am sure he is never going to return to his pre-injury level. It's been years now. Damn shame, he would have been a beast of a CB.

While Sarri is doing wonders right now with this shite squad, it is only going back to bite him when he continuously makes silly mistakes like this. CHO needs more game time in the highest level, otherwise how is he going to get better?

Moses is done, finito. Get rid, don't use him again. He was never amazing.

Johnnyeye likes this

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

CHO needs to leave this club, sadly. We simply don't do youth.

i feel for the lad, i dont understand Sarri seriously, this is the type of game to get CHO involved, its not like we are facing a top side, with all due respect to Derby. Maybe CHO will have mins later in the game, but i would have started him, i cant understand this obsession Sarri has with William

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

CHO needs to leave this club, sadly. We simply don't do youth.

I've liked this, but I don't like this.  If that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

CHO on the bench?

RLC, Kante, Fabregas, and Kovacic?   What?

FFS! RLC at winger over CHO???? Willian better be at LW. If Sarri plays RLC at LW and Willian at RW I am going to lose my mind. GRRRRRRRR

mccg and Johnnyeye like this

one thing is certain, with this lineup it shows Sarri is showing respect to Derby, and we simply have no excuses, this team is more than good enough to get the win, no sulking pls.

Starman60 likes this

A tough game ahead, but I think we will win this. Franks a Chelsea legend but he is not familiar with Sarri's style so I expect a victory. Just a bit saddened that CHO and some more youth aren't getting a run. Playing Willian and Morata isn't the smartest move with Palace at the weekend

Johnnyeye likes this

Isn't CHO's deal running out soon? In such cases, it may not be in the club's best interest to give the player a lot of playing time.

Yes, it (not giving him minutes) may make the player unhappy, but it may also diminish his value to potential buyers, which at the same time makes whatever the club is offering more appealing to him/agent.

I'm not saying we do great with youth, far from it, just that things are a bit more complicated than than when you are dealing with contracts, agents, and individual career goals/ambition.

2 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Isn't CHO's deal running out soon? In such cases, it may not be in the club's best interest to give the player a lot of playing time.

Yes, it (not giving him minutes) may make the player unhappy, but it may also diminish his value to potential buyers, which at the same time makes whatever the club is offering more appealing to him/agent.

I'm not saying we do great with youth, far from it, just that things are a bit more complicated than than when you are dealing with contracts, agents, and individual career goals/ambition.

If we don't give him minutes we WILL leave, and that is a fucking NIGHTMARE, especially if Eden leaves as well.

CHO is potentially a Jadon Sancho scenario, and who knows if we can even get a buy back clause inserted (which Shitty supposedly have on Sancho). CHO can leave on a FREE in summer 2020, same as Hazard