• Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't underestimate Derby.

I've been to see them play three times this season, most recently at West Brom on Wednesday night. They were absolutely brilliant, pressing up from the back and limiting time on the ball for the opposition. We will have to be careful not to play too weakened a team, because this is a potential banana skin and a half for us.

35 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Don't underestimate Derby.

I've been to see them play three times this season, most recently at West Brom on Wednesday night. They were absolutely brilliant, pressing up from the back and limiting time on the ball for the opposition. We will have to be careful not to play too weakened a team, because this is a potential banana skin and a half for us.

Yeah be a close result whatever way it goes. 

Obviously I'm hoping that we win but it would be nice to see a world class performance from Mason. Show Sarri what you can do!

I agree with @Sideshow Luiz's XI although I think with that many changes in defence we want to have Kepa in goal instead of Willy. With all due respect to the Argentinian, the guy is a walking disaster with a ball in his feet.

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

With all due respect to the Argentinian, the guy is a walking disaster with a ball in his feet.

Yeah, but I think he' at his worst when tryin to decide whether he should rush out of goal.  He needs some minutes though.  I think that the League Cup is his with Kepa obviously taking the PL and EL.

we need to be careful and not underestimate this Derby side, they already knocked out United, and now even more so after Chelsea allowing Tomori and Mason to play against us, i must say it was a great gesture by the club, but it can also backfire badly. Need to take this game seriously and not field a weak team, it will be great seing Lamps back at the Bridge, he deserves a big standing ovation and reception, i dont want him to win of course, but i wont lose any sleep if we lose because i want Lamps to succeed. Cheers

I was at Boro v Derby on Saturday watching Tomori and Mount, Mount went off with a knock and was probably a precaution for Wednesday. Tomori was excellent, but he was made to be for the most part, Boro were just hitting it long to Assombalonga all the time and it was a no contest in the air between the two. Derby should of won the game but failed to take chances when they had them, then conceded a freak own goal.

I'm not worried about this, we are flying right now and confidence is massive. Start Giroud, start RLC. 2-0 us.

Caballero

Moses Christiensen Cahill Emerson

Fabregas

RLC Kovacic

Willian Giroud CHO

Not going to this one and gutted about it. By the time I realised I might be sufficiently recovered to give it a try it was sold out.

Let’s not overlook Jody’s influence on the Derby side. I was never a fan of Jody’s as a player, but from the moment he moved into the CTV studio as a pundit his knowledge, views and manner impressed me hugely. When he progressed into the dugout that good opinion just grew. Frank has the superstar status but he’s also got the brain. Choosing Jody shows excellent judgement and bodes well for SFL’s career. 

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not going to this one and gutted about it. By the time I realised I might be sufficiently recovered to give it a try it was sold out.

Let’s not overlook Jody’s influence on the Derby side. I was never a fan of Jody’s as a player, but from the moment he moved into the CTV studio as a pundit his knowledge, views and manner impressed me hugely. When he progressed into the dugout that good opinion just grew. Frank has the superstar status but he’s also got the brain. Choosing Jody shows excellent judgement and bodes well for SFL’s career. 

I'm a bit surprised Jody didn't branch out himself, and i am even more surprised he accepted the offer to be Lamp's assistant, he has basically put himself further back in the que when it comes to being a future Chelsea manager.

He would have stood more of a chance if he stuck around the club, he may have became Sarri's assistant and/or circumstances may have meant he stumbled on the interim job which would have been an open opportunity to prove his credentials, ala Di Matteo, long shot but certainly a shorter bet than his chances now.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit surprised Jody didn't branch out himself, and i am even more surprised he accepted the offer to be Lamp's assistant, he has basically put himself further back in the que when it comes to being a future Chelsea manager.

He would have stood more of a chance if he stuck around the club, he may have became Sarri's assistant and/or circumstances may have meant he stumbled on the interim job which would have been an open opportunity to prove his credentials, ala Di Matteo, long shot but certainly a shorter bet than his chances now.

Reasonable but I don't know if Jody's managerial achievements at academy level are enough yet to win him a good job as a number 1. Frank's status as a big name player will get him a pass into his first couple of gigs but Jody's more modest playing career means he may have to settle for smaller steps.

In any case, I'm hoping to see these two as manager and assistant at The Bridge one day. I've always felt that Frank has the attributes for the Chelsea job but I don't believe that JT does, for example.

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Reasonable but I don't know if Jody's managerial achievements at academy level are enough yet to win him a good job as a number 1. Frank's status as a big name player will get him a pass into his first couple of gigs but Jody's more modest playing career means he may have to settle for smaller steps.

In any case, I'm hoping to see these two as manager and assistant at The Bridge one day. I've always felt that Frank has the attributes for the Chelsea job but I don't believe that JT does, for example.

That"s a good point but also as our current manager has shown, if you are talented and dedicated enough eventually a path will open up and i do believe Jody has that type of talent as a coach.

I fully agree with your Frank and JT assessments, as much as i love John i feel he can sometimes see things too black and white (his comments on Savage) and gets a bit too caught up in feuds (calling out Rafa two years on) both of which were massive red flags in my eyes. 

A bit premature maybe but i feel the club have a long term plan in motion whereas Lamps succeed's Sarri in a few years (iirc Mount hinted as much after joining Derby) but alternatively a lot can still go right (Sarri being so good he does a 10 stretch here which will mean Lamps could end up taking another big job instead of waiting, possibly City) or wrong (Sarri has a massive fall from grace, is sacked within the next year and Roman deems Lampard not ready yet) to make the time frame for this evolution not possible, but i feel that's the rough idea the club have in mind.