test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavidEU

Mineiro

Started by DavidEU,

31 posts in this topic
I know of him as a player, a decent Brazilian International, but I would have defintely opted for Steven Appiah instead

We'd have to January to sign Appiah, in which time we might not need him.

I'm happy with this guy, experienced and probably knows Scolari so all is good. I think i can trust Big Phil now so...

we need cover with essien out and this guy was a free agent so has cost nothing and we can only sign free agents outside of the transfer window, big phil has worked with him before so im sure he is coming in short term and can do a job for us as players have done in the past, for example, maniche

dont expect him to set the world alight, its a short term solution to essiens injury, nothing more, nothing less

He's certainly making the right noises..

both the articles featured on him on the official website say so much about him as a man and a player..

From what little I have seen of him in the past, he is certainly a solid player and a decent option. I don't think we should drop Mikel, he is in a development stage and his confidence is sky-high at the moment. Every player has the off day - his was against Roma but has been otherwise faultless this year.

I can't actually find any official word on Mineiro. He just appears to have been swept under the carpet.

He joins our legions of 'did they even play for us?' along with the likes of Geremi, Jarosik, Huth, Smertin, Babayaro, Boulahrouz, Pizarro, Ben-Haim, Sidwell, and others.

I was too young to watch either of them play much. I think I was 11 the first (and only) time I saw Geremi play, which was a 10 minute spell at the end of a UCL match. I never saw Babayaro in a Chelsea shirt and assumed he was one of our failed youth products who went on to have a decent career elsewhere.

:blush: