24. Reece James

the wes

4 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Would be stupid to give him a chance in the first team squad under Sarri because Azpi always plays. He would make 10 steps backwards by playing under Sarri. He should be loaned out to a PL team, so even a stupid Sarri could see with his own eyes that James is PL material. Otherwise, he will waste a year

We have like 50 matches a year, or maybe 60. James can not only play as a RB but as a CM aswell. He can easily get 20-30 games a season.

5 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Would be stupid to give him a chance in the first team squad under Sarri because Azpi always plays. He would make 10 steps backwards by playing under Sarri. He should be loaned out to a PL team, so even a stupid Sarri could see with his own eyes that James is PL material. Otherwise, he will waste a year

I very much used to feel like that. Added to this he has some very good options for PL loan. West Ham, Brighton, Palace (if AWB goes) he probably goes almost straight into first XI. However Sarri has started to improve his rotation slowly but surely with the more talented back ups, Emerson, CHO, RLC good examples and so maybe James does have a decent chance of making 20-30 apps. 

Im still very much wary of us bringing him back to make no league appearances and only start early rounds of cup matches but less wary than I was during Winter time. 

28 minutes ago, ja1 said:

I very much used to feel like that. Added to this he has some very good options for PL loan. West Ham, Brighton, Palace (if AWB goes) he probably goes almost straight into first XI. However Sarri has started to improve his rotation slowly but surely with the more talented back ups, Emerson, CHO, RLC good examples and so maybe James does have a decent chance of making 20-30 apps. 

Im still very much wary of us bringing him back to make no league appearances and only start early rounds of cup matches but less wary than I was during Winter time. 

It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing should the worst happen and we play Europa again, all going well in the three comps that would be a good 20-25 appearances guaranteed straight away before even factoring anything else in (Azpi's decline the main one).

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing should the worst happen and we play Europa again, all going well in the three comps that would be a good 20-25 appearances guaranteed straight away before even factoring anything else in (Azpi's decline the main one).

Azpi should be weary of Wigan manager Paul Cook's comment about Reece's role in his squad, "Reece was brought in to provide defensive cover. After a couple of training sessions it was obvious he wasn't going to be defensive cover."

As I said last summer, I think this lad is the best prospect to come out of Chelsea's academy since John Terry.

33 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Azpi should be weary of Wigan manager Paul Cook's comment about Reece's role in his squad, "Reece was brought in to provide defensive cover. After a couple of training sessions it was obvious he wasn't going to be defensive cover."

As I said last summer, I think this lad is the best prospect to come out of Chelsea's academy since John Terry.

In an ideal world, him doing well and taking over Dave would be great. However, I am still adamant in saying that there will always be pressure put on the manager to play players that were invested on. 

I fully expect us to tap into the market or keep Zappacosta vs promoting James and giving him game time. Even with good performances. 

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

I think it did as well He's like a wee Pitbull he's a very strong player for his age 

he looks pretty unique

strong as a bull

pacey

technical

and offensive minded as well

perhaps I wont sob when Wan-Bissaka is snatched up by another club (well, if it is Manure I will scream, lol)

if only either Reece or Wan-Bissaka were a LB! what a pair of fullbacks in 2 years thy would be

Paul Cook hails "outstanding" Reece James in Bristol City draw

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/bristol-city/news/cook-hails-outstanding-reece-james-in-bristol-city-draw_355525.html

And he was playing centre midfield in this game too 

YouTube vid of today's goal vs Bristol City: -

The strike is neither here nor there, all players can score those or, more often, miss them. As @Vesper pointed out, it's the strength in the turn and run that's the thing to see here.