24. Reece James

the wes

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

THe injuries are coming thick and fast exactly the way Arsenal have suffered for years and the ban will add on it, next season will be fun.

Arsenal players suffered muscle injuries due to poor training/recovery routines under Wenger. Reece spraining his ankle, CHO (first full season in PL and European top level football) and RLC's (his fitness has been questionable in the past for other reasons ie his back) unfortunate muscle injuries is nothing compared to the years and years of injuries Arsenal had regularly particularly with the likes of Van Persie, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, Welbeck, Koscielny, Rosicky, Nasri, etc... we have a good medical staff, these guys will be fine. 

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Arsenal players suffered muscle injuries due to poor training/recovery routines under Wenger. Reece spraining his ankle, CHO (first full season in PL and European top level football) and RLC's (his fitness has been questionable in the past for other reasons ie his back) unfortunate muscle injuries is nothing compared to the years and years of injuries Arsenal had regularly particularly with the likes of Van Persie, Ramsey, Wilshere, Diaby, Welbeck, Koscielny, Rosicky, Nasri, etc... we have a good medical staff, these guys will be fine. 

Yeah we do have a good medical team, but injuries been coming thick and fast, some long term, yeah I exaggerated a bit cuz them Arsenal are fucked with injuries.

Reece should be in the match day squad every time he`s fit.have been saying it for years that with 7 subs named we really should have atleast 2 youngsters on the bench every game..5 veterans is more than enough.the times we have been 3-0 up against the likes of West Brom and see the likes of Pedro or Willian coming on for the last 20 minutes would be far better giving some youngsters that time. and of course Reece can play atleast 2 different positions well.it would be very much on merit I`m sure.

I don`t really care about what Lampard did as a player in regard to him becoming our next coach,i believe he will do the sensible things these stubborn and rigid puppet master coaches were too afraid to do.and that`s what I want for us.   

On 16/06/2019 at 5:10 PM, Duppy Conqueror said:

Reece should be in the match day squad every time he`s fit.

Like.

On 16/06/2019 at 5:10 PM, Duppy Conqueror said:

and of course Reece can play atleast 2 different positions well.

Three if we count midfield where he did well for Wigan. So well, that a strand of Wigan fan opinion believes Reece is wasted at RB. Of course the main thing which ever prevented Reece being selected at RB for CFC development sides, was that he's so brilliant at CB.

To be fair we must remember that Reece played CB in a back three for our age group sides, not a back four. Even so, I still believe he can play CB at Premier League level.

A few weeks ago Crystal Palace were rumoured to want Reece as a replacement if they should sell Wan-Bissaka. I've also read of the possibility that we could buy the Palace lad and send Reece in the other direction as part of the deal. Those ideas were always non-starters for me, but anyone who saw last night's U21 international would question them too. While I agree that it would be stupid to judge on one game only, based solely on last night's display, Wan-Bissaka isn't in Reece's league.

In fact on that outing Wan-Bissaka isn't even in Jay Dasilva's League. The young right back may be a better defender than Jay, but our LB looked so far ahead of Wan-Bissaka in possession that the prospect of spending £50m on the Palace player must really alarm ManU fans. Again, to be clear, all this is based on last night's effort alone. Even excluding the OG, which might raise concerns about W-B's one footedness but which could happen to anyone, the Palace player looked poor.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

A few weeks ago Crystal Palace were rumoured to want Reece as a replacement if they should sell Wan-Bissaka. I've also read of the possibility that we could buy the Palace lad and send Reece in the other direction as part of the deal. Those ideas were always non-starters for me, but anyone who saw last night's U21 international would question them too. While I agree that it would be stupid to judge on one game only, based solely on last night's display, Wan-Bissaka isn't in Reece's league.

In fact on that outing Wan-Bissaka isn't even in Jay Dasilva's League. The young right back may be a better defender than Jay, but our LB looked so far ahead of Wan-Bissaka in possession that the prospect of spending £50m on the Palace player must really alarm ManU fans. Again, to be clear, all this is based on last night's effort alone. Even excluding the OG, which might raise concerns about W-B's one footedness but which could happen to anyone, the Palace player looked poor.

Wan-Bissaka was probably the best or 2nd best RB over the course of the PL season last year. Honestly dont think Trent Alexander-Arnold had a much much better season bar his assists stats but if you'd put Wan Bissaka in a team with Firminio, Salah, Mane, Keita etc I reckon he would have gotten more.

Comparing one game of u21s football against a PL season, like you said isnt exactly the best way to judge a player. Think Reece also needs to have an opportunity to show what he can do in the PL before we get carried away and statt saying things like player X isnt in his league. I honestly think he will get a chance this season or next depending on if he gets loaned or if he gets kept in the squad etc. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wan-Bissaka was probably the best or 2nd best RB over the course of the PL season last year. Honestly dont think Trent Alexander-Arnold had a much much better season bar his assists stats but if you'd put Wan Bissaka in a team with Firminio, Salah, Mane, Keita etc I reckon he would have gotten more. 

Are you saying he'd have gotten more than TAA? 

TAA is a fantastic passer of the ball. Very intelligent. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Are you saying he'd have gotten more than TAA? 

TAA is a fantastic passer of the ball. Very intelligent. 

No but he would have gotten more assists than he did at Palace. Alexander-Arnolds final ball is better but I dont think hes anywhere near as solid defensively or as good at recovering as Wan Bissaka. Plus I generally get the feeling Alexander-Arnold would be better in central midfield. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Comparing one game of u21s football against a PL season, like you said isnt exactly the best way to judge a player. Think Reece also needs to have an opportunity to show what he can do in the PL before we get carried away and statt saying things like player X isnt in his league. I honestly think he will get a chance this season or next depending on if he gets loaned or if he gets kept in the squad etc. 

I wouldn't challenge any part of what you say here. Some of it is factual and some speculative. We'll have to wait to see how the speculations turn out. My post was just a commentary on last night's display. No more.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I wouldn't challenge any part of what you say here. Some of it is factual and some speculative. We'll have to wait to see how the speculations turn out. My post was just a commentary on last night's display. No more.

How did James Maddison do? Been a huge fan since he played up here on loan for Aberdeen. Has massive massive potential.

17 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I am a big fan of Bissake but I don't think he is worth the £50m+ Palace want. He is very good defensively but his attacking ability needs work on. They already have Dalot who offensively is better than Bissaka but not as good defensively. Is it worth them spending that much on him? Not too sure. Other cheaper alternatives imo.

8 hours ago, Stats said:

I am a big fan of Bissake but I don't think he is worth the £50m+ Palace want. He is very good defensively but his attacking ability needs work on. They already have Dalot who offensively is better than Bissaka but not as good defensively. Is it worth them spending that much on him? Not too sure. Other cheaper alternatives imo.

Even in a game which a Palace fan has described as Wan-Bissaka's worst performance ever, he still did better defensively than Jay Dasilva. To be honest Jay was given a very tough night by his winger. The lad was skillful, quick and strong. He's at Lille and, on that showing, looks a good replacement for Pepe when he leaves. Not the same type of player, but very effective.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

How did James Maddison do? Been a huge fan since he played up here on loan for Aberdeen. Has massive massive potential.

He showed his quality with his nice 180 turns in both directions and distributing the ball with both feet but it wasn't a spectacular display. Even in England's good spells nothing was developing off him. Wasn't helped by a poor performance by Solanke. Dom's link up wasn't good. I'm a bit fearful for Dom's career at this point. He needs something positive to happen for him soon.