24. Reece James

the wes

On 4/23/2019 at 6:13 AM, the wes said:

Manchester United have been keeping tabs on Chelsea full-back Reece James

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6948511/Manchester-United-tracking-15m-Chelsea-Reece-James.html

Fuck off utd 

no more selling players to United, they can fuck off along with their arrogant fans

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree. I didn't mean to make it appear that Reece is slow, just that he's not a speedster.

As long as he is fast enough to recover and beat other full backs I am okay, I am okay with Trent or Robertson kind of pace. We just lack a bit of pace in our team at the moment and I feel thats why we concede so many counter attacking opportunities. 

According to Sun, Brighton are in pole position to land him:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9018982/brighton-chelsea-reece-james-wigan-loan-stint/

The most wtf part of the article:

“Despite only having club skipper Cesar Azpilicueta as a right back, being expected to sell Davide Zappacosta and facing a transfer ban, Chelsea are expected to allow him to move on.”

Seems legit and makes sense, am I right? 

/Also, it’s ridiculous to claim that Azpi is the only right back then mention Zappa a few words later. Also, Dave is not the skipper, it’s Gaz. Proper Sun quality/

If Brighton were to loan him and he were to play every week as well as us not managing to shift Zappacosta, perhaps it would be reasonable but I really think he will come into the 25 man squad and offer a solution at right back and possibly an emergency option in central midfield as well.

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Brighton were to loan him and he were to play every week as well as us not managing to shift Zappacosta, perhaps it would be reasonable but I really think he will come into the 25 man squad and offer a solution at right back and possibly an emergency option in central midfield as well.

I agree with your point but Reece would not actually need to be named in the 25 man squad. Instead, he would qualify as an under 21 player. In fact, given that he is on the official U21 list submitted by CFCM, and that Wigan's season has now ended so his loan is over, I've been wondering if he is eligible for Leicester. If we get the right result tomorrow night then, other than Danny and Gaz, I don't want to see any first squad players anywhere near the pitch on Sunday.  Room for Reece if rules permit, if Maurizio feels the same way I do about protecting the squad and if he has the imagination to include returning loanees. Lining up in a 3-4-3, I would play:-

Cumming

James, Kalas, Cahill

Sterling, Drinkwater, McEachran, Dasilva

Lamptey, Brown, Taylor-Crossdale

It'll never happen of course but I'm serious, that's the team I'd play. Stuff the result.

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

According to Sun, Brighton are in pole position to land him:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9018982/brighton-chelsea-reece-james-wigan-loan-stint/

The most wtf part of the article:

“Despite only having club skipper Cesar Azpilicueta as a right back, being expected to sell Davide Zappacosta and facing a transfer ban, Chelsea are expected to allow him to move on.”

Seems legit and makes sense, am I right? 

/Also, it’s ridiculous to claim that Azpi is the only right back then mention Zappa a few words later. Also, Dave is not the skipper, it’s Gaz. Proper Sun quality/

It's The Sun. Best to take it with a pinch of salt...

56 minutes ago, the wes said:

What height is Reece James he doesn't look tall in that picture 

He is listed as 5”11 which is probs accurate..that pic looks like he could be 5”10 but can’t see what their feet are going and Luiz’s hair can exaggerate things.