24. Reece James

the wes

I have been critical of Mount  a lot of times but he has games when he is absolutely class. And his intensity is always on point. But with Reece I am always seeing the same thing. A lot of backardws passes, no real urgency, no intensity, slightly above average performances.A good cross  here and there and a good through ball at times but moat of the time nothing. As bad as Azpi is going forward, he actually speeds up our game and tries to play the ball forward moat of the times. 

He is regarded very higly by most of TC 's members but I think the hype is greater than his actual performances.It was the same with RLC but he is a different story. I would call him solid but not WC as of now ans can' t really see him going to the WC heights.I am  even in the minority that prefers Azpi over him. 

Very similarly to RLC, he's got every physical tool in his locker to be a dominant, world class player but has the same nonchalant demeanor. He's got sort of a lazy style and switches off too often.

He needs to become more aggressive and focused. Because when he gets into crossing position he's one hell of a weapon.

We absolutely need to persist with him imo. Don't put Azpi back in. Especially if Ziyech is back soon I think our right flank will be deadly. How do you stop both Ziyech and Reece from crossing? They'll terrorize defenses.

Very similarly to RLC, he's got every physical tool in his locker to be a dominant, world class player but has the same nonchalant demeanor. He's got sort of a lazy style and switches off too often.
He needs to become more aggressive and focused. Because when he gets into crossing position he's one hell of a weapon.
We absolutely need to persist with him imo. Don't put Azpi back in. Especially if Ziyech is back soon I think our right flank will be deadly. How do you stop both Ziyech and Reece from crossing? They'll terrorize defenses.
He just has way too much muscle to play RB. Should focus more on cardio instead of lifting weights

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think it is time to use RJ as a DM because he he played that role at Wigan and was very good at it

Honestly if we dont get Rice, I wouldnt be against giving Reece a try in midfield. He has the calmness, is strong, can tackle and take long range shots. His traits are much better suited to the midfield role.

29 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I think it is time to use RJ as a DM because he he played that role at Wigan and was very good at it

Wouldnt hurt to try thats for sure but I dont think FL sees him playing there

Just now, killer1257 said:

Lampard said couple of times last season that RJ can play that role. Nothing to lose here

He might have but havent seen it yet on the pitch....not at Chels anyway

On 9/27/2020 at 7:23 AM, killer1257 said:

I also think Azpi is better than RJ. Sadly, we did let go of Lamptey

Lamptey did not want to sign a new contract. I remember that Lampard put him on against Arsenal but the boy did not want to continue despite seeing that Lampard was giving chances to youth last season. 

Not much we can do there. 

I believe the Reese can be a top RB for Chelsea in the future. Other full-backs that are considered great are usually accompanied by dominant CB's and a top quality DM, this affords them the ability to get forward and also helps them get organized. If John Terry was still a CB for Chelsea I would imagine that half of the mistakes that happen at the back wouldn't simply because of his communication and organization skills. We lack that at the back currently which I believe is why we shut off at times. John would be on your arse for 90 minutes holding the whole back line accountable. It's rare that we see that from our guys now, mostly we get the palms to the sky look or a quick clap.