test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

24. Reece James

Started by the wes,

270 posts in this topic

Crystal Palace are considering a move for Chelsea right-back Reece James this summer. 

According to The Daily Mail,Palace have discussed a potential swoop for the England youth international.

The report claims that their main target is Liverpool right-back Nathaniel Clyne, but James is on their list of targets as they look to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka – who joined Manchester United for £50m earlier this summer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/readchelsea.com/2019/07/20/palace-considering-move-for-reece-james/%3famp=1

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Crystal Palace have had a £20m bid for English defender Reece James rejected by Chelsea. The 19-year-old spent last season on loan at Wigan.(Star)

Can't blame them for trying.

Happy to hear he is in the club's plans. Azpi should be phased out and Reece should be given the RB slot as the season goes on. 

On 09/05/2019 at 5:01 PM, the wes said:

What height is Reece James he doesn't look tall in that picture 

Nah mate he's standing in a hole

Crystal Palace are one of a number of clubs monitoring Reece James’ situation at Chelsea.

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea are highly unlikely to sell the 19-year-old this summer.

James impressed on loan at Wigan last season, making 45 appearances.

The Chelsea academy graduate is injured at the moment, and Frank Lampard wants time to fully assess his first-team squad.

James sustained ligament damage while playing for England U20s against Chile in the Toulon tournament in June and had to undergo surgery to rectify the problem.

It means that he will miss the start of the season, although Chelsea are hopeful that he will be available for selection again in September.

54 minutes ago, the wes said:

Crystal Palace are one of a number of clubs monitoring Reece James’ situation at Chelsea.

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea are highly unlikely to sell the 19-year-old this summer.

James impressed on loan at Wigan last season, making 45 appearances.

The Chelsea academy graduate is injured at the moment, and Frank Lampard wants time to fully assess his first-team squad.

James sustained ligament damage while playing for England U20s against Chile in the Toulon tournament in June and had to undergo surgery to rectify the problem.

It means that he will miss the start of the season, although Chelsea are hopeful that he will be available for selection again in September.

If Zappacosta doesnt go we should try facilitate a loan deal there for him. If Zappa goes he must stay, simple as that.

Reece James's Chelsea first-team chances hinge on Davide Zappacosta loan exit

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/reece-james-chelsea-firstteam-chances-hinge-on-davide-zappacosta-loan-exit-a4197131.html

Chelsea are considering allowing Davide Zappacosta to leave on loan so that Reece James can be the main back-up to right-back Cesar Azpilicueta.

Zappacosta has made little impact at Stamford Bridge since joining from Torino for an initial £23m in 2017, starting just 34 matches of which only 13 have come in the Premier League.

The Italy international has been involved in the club’s pre-season matches under new coach Frank Lampard, but that is partly because James is currently sidelined with an ankle injury.

It is understood that the club had initially earmarked Ola Aina to be the club’s second-choice right-back – behind Azpiliceuta – for next season with James more likely to be allowed to leave on loan to continue his development.

However, Aina told Chelsea he wanted to join Torino – where he played regularly last term on loan – on a permanent basis and the Serie A club triggered an option to buy him for £8.9m last month.

James is regarded very highly at Stamford Bridge and starred so much at Wigan last term, he won all the Championship club’s player of the year awards.

The 19-year-old had to undergo surgery on his ankle problem last month, but it is hoped he will be able to start pre-season training soon.

As long as his recovery doesn’t suffer any further setbacks then Chelsea will listen to loan offers for Zappacosta, who is bound to attract interest from Serie A clubs.

snip

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Why loan? Why not sell zappacosta. 

Maybe nobody wants to buy him considering we paid 24m for him or whatever. I'd imagine we will want at least 15-20m for him. His contract expires in 2 seasons yet. I dont think we will take a huge loss for him. 

Fernando likes this

16 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe nobody wants to buy him considering we paid 24m for him or whatever. I'd imagine we will want at least 15-20m for him. His contract expires in 2 seasons yet. I dont think we will take a huge loss for him. 

Financially it makes sense to sell him for even 10mil €.

I mean we bought him for 25mil€, so he has 2 years left which is 12.5mil€ amortized value on the book or 6.25m€ for this season.

If he stays we incur 6.25mil€ + wages (50,000€ per week) 2.5mil€. Which is around 8.75mil€ for this on our books.

If we sell him for even 10mil€, and keep Reece, we incur a loss of 2.5mil€ + Reece's wages (which can't be more than 1mil€ at this moment) = 3.5mil€. hell even if we sell zappacosta for just 5mil, we would be pulling even on how much Zappa is going to cost anyways. 

I honestly want us to sell the deadwood and be rid of all the players like zappacosta, drinkwater, bakayoko before this season starts.

For this season, If Crystal Palace comes in for a loan deal for Recce & they dont sign a RB (Not sure if they have already) then it would make more sense for us to sent Recce out on loan. because here he will be backup to Azpi even if Zappacosta goes where as without Wan-Bissaka Palace could take a chance with Recce for the first 11. Then it all up to Recce and if he does well, then next season he could actually start over Azpi. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he's better than AWB. 

I think potentially, but he needs to play a full topflight season before I can truly go there

Wan-Bissaka is a monster, best defensive RB I have seen in ages

the terrifying thing is he is only 21 and TAA is only 20

my top RB's on the planet atm

in order

not rating Reece yet, a great year and he shoots up into top 15, maybe top 10

bold are potential targets

Joshua Kimmich     Bayern Munich

Trent Alexander-Arnold    Liverpool FC    

Sergi Roberto       Barcelona

João Cancelo    Manchester City   

Aaron Wan-Bissaka     Manchester United   (if Reece doesnt blow up, AWB, after Pepe, will be my number regret due to bans, he is going to haunt us for years)

Kyle Walker      Manchester City    (I would use him as a 3rd (1st backup) CB a lot this year)

Daniel Carvajal     Real Madrid

Mário Fernandes    CSKA Moscow (a right footed clone of Alonso, but with drive, pace, and a motor) If he was 22, 23 (he turns 29 in 5 weeks) he would be my number one target

Youcef Atal     OGC Nice

Lukas Klostermann      RB Leipzig

Nélson Semedo    Barcelona

Achraf Hakimi         Borussia Dortmund (on loan from Real Madrid)

Noussair Mazraoui    Ajax 

Ricardo Pereira       Leicester

Sime Vrsaljko    Atlético Madrid

Elseid Hysaj      Napoli

Héctor Bellerín    Arse (need to see he is still good after his horrid injury. If so, up he goes, if not,Timothy Castagne of Atlanta goes on the list, a great young, big, fast Belgian )

Thomas Meunier     PSG

Denzel Dumfries     PSV Eindhoven

Benjamin Henrichs     Monaco

sorry Azpi, your race is run:(

NikkiCFC likes this

Really looking forward to his return, i think he's the generational type talent that will slot in seemlessly.

Mount, Pulisic and Odoi are talents but there be a lot of teething with them before they get to permanent starter quality, i feel Reece is that quality now and i actually think he would have prevented the 2nd and maybe even 3rd goal at Old Trafford.

Vesper, Fernando and Bosnian Blue like this