24. Reece James

the wes

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Omfg!!!! What the fuck.

We are cursed. I really am worried about finishing in top 7 and getting any Euro place.

Our young future is being taken out for significant periods right before our eyes.

:(

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

He would have not played anyway because Azpi plays all the games.

That's what Wigan's previous first choice right back, as well as Wigan's manager, thought when he turned up for pre-season training last summer.

Let's not get carried away and start thinking of Reece as the second coming, but let's not underestimate him either. He's the real deal.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's what Wigan's previous first choice right back, as well as Wigan's manager, thought when he turned up for pre-season training last summer.

Let's not get carried away and start thinking of Reece as the second coming, but let's not underestimate him either. He's the real deal.

I know how good he is, but Azpi is our captain and it is hard to bench a captain.

Chelsea starlet Reece James did not suffer a broken ankle while playing for England Under-20s on Friday, Goal can confirm

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-youngster-reece-james-did-not-suffer-broken-ankle/1at1rfqjicgqu1om4e5rs9zx5k

why James playing for under-20s anyway he should be playing on under-21 level 

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea starlet Reece James did not suffer a broken ankle while playing for England Under-20s on Friday, Goal can confirm

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-youngster-reece-james-did-not-suffer-broken-ankle/1at1rfqjicgqu1om4e5rs9zx5k

why James playing for under-20s anyway he should be playing on under-21 level 

Yeah they think ankle ligament damage, probably 4-6 weeks and should be ready for pre season. 

Huge opportunity for some of these lads next season. RLC, CHO and Christensen have showed the pathway is potentially there and up to them to follow route.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I know how good he is, but Azpi is our captain and it is hard to bench a captain.

I refuse to get all gauzy just because we backed into 3rd place (only because the other teams utterly collapsed) and finally had a great game (the EL final)

The brutal truth is Azpi was absolutely dreadful a majority of the time going forward and there were plenty of games were even his main strength (defence) was far, far from convincing.

Hopefully he rebounds in a new system, but he soon turns 30 this summer, and it is all downhill from here. 95% plus of fullbacks hit the 30yo wall and dramatically decline. Look at Marcelo, a perfect example.

There are literally no WC RB's over 29yo atm.

Kyle Walker and Azpi are the only over 28yo's who would make our squad.

Kieran Trippier (spuds wanker), Mário Fernandes (love him, I would trade him for Azpi in a heartbeat, he is like a far better passing, defending and more pacey Alonso, almost a right-footed clone, save for the fact he can run all day and has a motor), and Alessandro Florenzi (Roma) are the only 28yos who would. It isn't until you get to 27yo's and under that you start to find multiple WC RB's.

For LB's it is basically the same.

Marcelo is 31 (just turned) and is barely WC (I say NO unless he rebounds huge, but do not see that happening at RM), he has been consistently benched at RM, and has always been shit on defence. Now he is a pure joke there. Jordi Alba just turned 30 and is deffo, DEFFO WC (and he maybe the rare, rare one who sustains at a high level for 2 or 3 more years, time will tell), but then you have to drop down to the 28yo's to find any WC LB's. (and it is only 2, Alex Sandro (who we will never get, as he will only have half a season left before 30yo is we bought him in summer 2020, and NO way should we be buying any more 30yo or near 30's), and MAYBE Faouzi Ghoulam). I do not rate Danny Rose (28yo) truly WC, but he would make our squad, that is for damn sure (as we are fucked at LB). 27yo's? There maybe ONE, Marcel Halstenberg of RB Leipzig. That's it, literally, so LB is even weaker (in terms of sheer numbers for over 26yo's) than RB is.

Fullback now is truly a young players position, save for a couple exceptions.

40 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Reportedly out for 3 months.

Where is this because the recent reports I've seen suggest it should only be about a month which should make him ready for pre season.