• Moses (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i just dont see the need to sell the wee baldy man, we all know what he can offer to the team, but hey its your opinion Vesper, no harm done here ;) 

Its a chess game, especially with Roman closing the purse (compared to other of the massive teams) lately.

If we are not going to play and develop young players and only buy well established WC players, we need to raise massive capital, and Kante would do just that. He simply is replaceable in the Sarri system. Harsh but true.

Chelsea: Sarrismo has no place for a fully defensive N’Golo Kante

https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/09/24/chelsea-sarrismo-ngolo-kante-midfield/

still the best article explaining this

13 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

To those who watched yesterday's Barca-Inter game, would you realistically see Kante in that fantastic midfield instead of Rakitic, Arthur or Busquets. I wouldn't. He might not even start for Man City. 

Great player but obviously can't play in every system. Just like Jorginho or Busquets would look like Tom Cleverley in Mourinho's tactics

Juve and PSG are the two teams who would most want him, and they both have players I would kill for

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

We don't know till we try it, if he is shit, I will be the first to say no more, no more:)

If I recall, that's where he played last year when he actually got some minutes.

I have to admit, I'm really squeamish about playing CMs or attacking midfielders out wide.  It's the Mata effect.  

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Juve and PSG are the two teams who would most want him, and they both have players I would kill for

Straight swap for Dybala.  :D

However, I'm the kind of person who wants to keep players that I like regardless.  Don't get me wrong, he's worth 100-odd M, but not to us in the way we are playing (it would seem).

For me, the jury is still out on his effectiveness in this role.  We still have the same balance other 3 midfielder systems have.  Ball winner, and 2 playmakers, one more attacking than the other.  It's just a little lopsided because it suits us more in an attacking sense, and we're planning on having 60-70% of the ball.  If Kante got forward more, it would also mean that he should be winning the ball higher up the pitch.  If Allan can do it, I don't see why Kante can't do it better.

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If Kante got forward more, it would also mean that he should be winning the ball higher up the pitch.  If Allan can do it, I don't see why Kante can't do it better.

Maybe having players like Allan in the starting XI was the reason why Sarri never won a trophy at Napoli? 

Not saying Allan is bad player though, just not Hamsik-Jorginho level IMO