test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Sandro Tonali

Started by the wes,

40 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Been reading up and watching vids of him for a bit and the kid seems the dogs dangleys! Seems like he runs the MF

Inter seems to have or going to drop out leaving only Juve left - tho obviously in a strong position anyway.

But for €30m he would be a good buy if we at least TRIED for him.

Juve want him badly, its going to be a tough one

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

We need to sign this kid maybe we can mould him into the jorghino role that's if sarri is still our manager in the summer :ph34r: he's been linked to Liverpool atm

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, the wes said:

We need to sign this kid maybe we can mould him into the jorghino role that's if sarri is still our manager in the summer :ph34r: he's been linked to Liverpool atm

Juve wants him BAD:(

Juventus want him and Chiesa. Reckon they will stay in Italy and go there rather than come here. Probably a wiser move for them too. Juventus' MF players are aging and so is Cuadrado.

BLUES QUOTED PRICE OF €50M FOR ITALIAN MIDFIELDER

https://readchelsea.com/2019/02/07/blues-quoted-price-of-e50m-for-italian-midfielder/

Chelsea would be set back €50m if they were to make a move for Sandro Tonali, according to a report from Inside Futbol. 

Brescia club president and owner Massimo Cellino (yes, he of Leeds United fame) is understood to have raised his asking price, safe in the knowledge that several clubs are interested in acquiring the services of the 18-year-old. 

Chelsea are thought to be competing against Premier League rivals Liverpool, as well as Italian giants Juventus, Internazionale, and AS Roma in the race for Tonali, who has impressed in the Italian second division. 

snip

SMDH

fucked about and now he is double the price

idiots!!!!

Unionjack likes this

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Same old,Same old!

Yeah, but that's not really how this works. I know it is fun to bash the board at every opportunity, and they make their mistakes for sure, but as soon as our initial offer goes in, the player's agent will start calling other clubs, other agents, and esp scouts.

It's hard to sign any player these days. On top of the, "do the player really want to join us" bit, there are now a myriad of agents and cuts along the way. It's rumored FIFA is looking at that, but boy are they slow to act!

55 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Yeah, but that's not really how this works. I know it is fun to bash the board at every opportunity, and they make their mistakes for sure, but as soon as our initial offer goes in, the player's agent will start calling other clubs, other agents, and esp scouts.

It's hard to sign any player these days. On top of the, "do the player really want to join us" bit, there are now a myriad of agents and cuts along the way. It's rumored FIFA is looking at that, but boy are they slow to act!

Theres been chances for us to sign players when we (the board) wouldn't go that step further to get them. Thinking they were saving the club money. When it was really just weakening the team. And losing us money in the long run.

Yes the mistakes we all know but they keep making them.

We have a very poorly organized transfer system and not having a proper DOF is hurting us.

36 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Theres been chances for us to sign players when we (the board) wouldn't go that step further to get them. Thinking they were saving the club money. When it was really just weakening the team. And losing us money in the long run.

Yes the mistakes we all know but they keep making them.

We have a very poorly organized transfer system and not having a proper DOF is hurting us.

Oh I'm sure they could be doing a better job, but we don't have all the info. I'm on the boat that they are doing exactly what they are told to do... I mean people don't really retain jobs otherwise. :)

On the other hand, I feel folks just don't accept that we aren't that competitive in the transfer market. Some of the players we complain about are adequate for the level we are at. Improving on them would either take an herculean effort and money, which we may not have to invest, and/or make huge bets, which we may be unwilling to do (and lots of money too).

Signing players at this level is hard... and improving on players we already have even harder. 

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

Oh I'm sure they could be doing a better job, but we don't have all the info. I'm on the boat that they are doing exactly what they are told to do... I mean people don't really retain jobs otherwise. :)

On the other hand, I feel folks just don't accept that we aren't that competitive in the transfer market. Some of the players we complain about are adequate for the level we are at. Improving on them would either take an herculean effort and money, which we may not have to invest, and/or make huge bets, which we may be unwilling to do (and lots of money too).

Signing players at this level is hard... and improving on players we already have even harder. 

Well if we can't improve on the amount of deadwood and players sent out on loan then it's time we gave up mate.

If we had sold some players when we had the chance like Willian and the ones we all want gone that makes no sense us keeping would go towards upgrading the team. Anyone can see that and our board is made entirely of business people..

Recall the same people defending Emenalo, didn't take Monaco long enough to realize what a grave mistake they made. Emenalo turned one of the most exciting teams in Europe into a team that is fighting for survival in Ligue 1. 

Emenalo and Marina are simply not competent enough to survive at a top club.

Fernando likes this

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Recall the same people defending Emenalo, didn't take Monaco long enough to realize what a grave mistake they made. Emenalo turned one of the most exciting teams in Europe into a team that is fighting for survival in Ligue 1. 

Emenalo and Marina are simply not competent enough to survive at a top club.

Didn't realise Emenalo managed Monaco. Monaco manager and players are the reason Monaco are fighting for survival.

We won a fair bit with Emenalo in his role, he wasnt exactly terrible but he wasn't outstanding. In terms of churning profit on squad players/undesirables he and the board did well at times. Everyone always expects the best players to sign like we did 10 plus years ago but they simply either dont want to come or clubs wont sell at a lower price. Cant pin that on one guy or managers wanting other players too at times.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Didn't realise Emenalo managed Monaco. Monaco manager and players are the reason Monaco are fighting for survival.

We won a fair bit with Emenalo in his role, he wasnt exactly terrible but he wasn't outstanding. In terms of churning profit on squad players/undesirables he and the board did well at times. Everyone always expects the best players to sign like we did 10 plus years ago but they simply either dont want to come or clubs wont sell at a lower price. Cant pin that on one guy or managers wanting other players too at times.

He signed a lot of shit players, made a terrible hire in Henry and created strenuous environment for Jardim. I think it is quite condemning that Monaco rehired Jardim and fired Emenalo, a move that definitely signal how terribly he did and an attempt to wash themselves from Emenalo moves.

That is what accountability looks like, but at Chelsea they escape from it only managers feel the wrath. 

RoyalBlues and 11Drogba like this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well if we can't improve on the amount of deadwood and players sent out on loan then it's time we gave up mate.

If we had sold some players when we had the chance like Willian and the ones we all want gone that makes no sense us keeping would go towards upgrading the team. Anyone can see that and our board is made entirely of business people..

heh football is business! These particular business people are tuned in a particular way that may be detrimental to the club, agreed. This is going to remain the same until a major change in the ownership happens. It could be imminent or not really... it is the status quo.

I disagree that Willian is deadwood. He's def not my favorite player, but hardly deadwood. I consider Drinkwater a pretty desperate signing for group and pretty expensive for a filler - pretty unsellable right now. Bakayoko is one of the players who would've been in a wish list by many people and he turned out to be the worst signing I've seen at the club. He showcases how hard it is to improve at this level (matic is really twice the player).

have to agree with @Clockwork on emenalo. The worst was his bias towards nigeria, which while good for a the NT and a few players did not help the club in any way. Mikel, Moses, and Omeruo had no business at chelsea. There are better ways to do charity if that was the intention.

8 hours ago, Robchels said:

heh football is business! These particular business people are tuned in a particular way that may be detrimental to the club, agreed. This is going to remain the same until a major change in the ownership happens. It could be imminent or not really... it is the status quo.

I disagree that Willian is deadwood. He's def not my favorite player, but hardly deadwood. I consider Drinkwater a pretty desperate signing for group and pretty expensive for a filler - pretty unsellable right now. Bakayoko is one of the players who would've been in a wish list by many people and he turned out to be the worst signing I've seen at the club. He showcases how hard it is to improve at this level (matic is really twice the player).

have to agree with @Clockwork on emenalo. The worst was his bias towards nigeria, which while good for a the NT and a few players did not help the club in any way. Mikel, Moses, and Omeruo had no business at chelsea. There are better ways to do charity if that was the intention.

Didn't necessarily mean Willian was deadwood.. Go back awhile and I was one of the only ones who was fighting his corner when a lot were saying he was over rated.

I used to like his character and how he fought to get his place back after Pedro stepped up.

But I realized there was 2 sides to him with the whole Conte situation.

Nobody can tell me that it wasn't him AND Lioz that wasn.t at the forefront of  turning the dressing room against him.

Add to that the complete childish BS with the Emojis and not having the bollox to put his hands up and say OK I did it but I was pissed off. Instead of being a pussy and blaming a likkle girl.

I really dont think we bought Nigerians to be anti discriminate. Mikel had a shit start but his first 5 or 6 years weren't bad.

Moses did a good job  WB. Hes just not good enough for playing in this type of football.

And I'm sure someone will be having Omeruos back that knows him as I don't really know enough about him to argue the case.

We have bought players I agree AT THE TIME lacking hindsight there was some reasons to think  players like Baks and waterboy MAY have worked. Baks was on form and they THOUGHT the Leicester relationship with the Wee Baldy Man was a good one. It proved not to be.

All players are a gamble to some extent nut we have had more than our fair share of bad ones.