• Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, look at Liverpool's matches against Palace, Brighton, Leicester, Huddersfield yesterday. Poor, very poor display against average teams, but got the win and that's it. Also they were minutes away from losing against Chelsea and City as well if it was not for a wonder strike and a squandered penalty kick. I hate the scousers with a passion, but look at their reactions after these matches in which they looked more like a top four contender, rather than one of the favourites for the league title. They are all happy for the win and ready to move on to the next match, happy that they are able to grind out results in matches that last season probably they would not have done this. 

Frankly of all the league title contestants, they look the worst, still the atmosphere is there. While here at Chelsea is all doom and gloom after a draw from some fans ready to sell the entire squad and call players different names. In a time where we are actually undefeated going into November and two points of the first place. 

I'd be happy with a win. Annoying thing is this is 2 games we've been leading and thrown away points. Missed chances and same old. Imagine if we'd drawn against Arsenal as well. Again winning 2-0 then bam. 

Happy to be undefeated but can't see that lasting much longer. Be a unexpected loss or something for ole time sake. 

This video says something important in the last 2 mins of the video. Alonso attacks leaving space behind but Kovacic provides defensive cover so that Luiz doesn't have to come out of shape. But Barkley doesn't have the mindset to man mark so when we lost the ball with Alonso high up the pitch, that forced Luiz to chase Mata and lose out which lead to Martial's second goal. Kovacic's absence contributed a lot to what made us start hoofing the ball in the last 30 mins like Sarri complained about after the match.

Barkley is the goal threat while Kovacic is the ball control and defensive cover. 

20 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

This video says something important in the last 2 mins of the video. Alonso attacks leaving space behind but Kovacic provides defensive cover so that Luiz doesn't have to come out of shape. But Barkley doesn't have the mindset to man mark so when we lost the ball with Alonso high up the pitch, that forced Luiz to chase Mata and lose out which lead to Martial's second goal. Kovacic's absence contributed a lot to what made us start hoofing the ball in the last 30 mins like Sarri complained about after the match.

Barkley is the goal threat while Kovacic is the ball control and defensive cover. 

This. I really don't get it why he's constantly taken off in games like these which are still very close.

We seem to lose control of the midfield every time it happens. It happened during the Liverpool game and yesterday too.

Other thing is, Barkley may have took his chance with 2 goals in 2 games but this game + the Liverpool one, he was largely at fault for two goals. You can blame Alonso being high up on the pitch for United's second but there was such a big hole between him and Luiz which should've been covered a lot better.

I like Ross a lot and I think he can thrive under Sarri but I don't think he should come on for Kovacic in big games, but it seems Sarri likes to stick to his 4-3-3 under any circumstances, and Jorginho is undroppable. If he took off Kante everyone would go for his head.

9 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

This. I really don't get it why he's constantly taken off in games like these which are still very close.

We seem to lose control of the midfield every time it happens. It happened during the Liverpool game and yesterday too.

Other thing is, Barkley may have took his chance with 2 goals in 2 games but this game + the Liverpool one, he was largely at fault for two goals. You can blame Alonso being high up on the pitch for United's second but there was such a big hole between him and Luiz which should've been covered a lot better.

I like Ross a lot and I think he can thrive under Sarri but I don't think he should come on for Kovacic in big games, but it seems Sarri likes to stick to his 4-3-3 under any circumstances, and Jorginho is undroppable. If he took off Kante everyone would go for his head.

This why I am begging for Sarri to try Barkley at RW as long as Pedro is carrying a knock. He surely cannot be as bad as Willian. Barkely isnt a ball hog who slows up play.

10 hours ago, Ledgi said:

Getting in Ross is suppose to put pressure on the opposition when our midfield starts tiring ... combine with the fact that we dont have anyone else. The improved Barkley provides us muscle in the center and being attack minded is a threat in the final third. Yes I would agree that Ross is not great while doing defensive work however when Ross comes in Kante can always become (should become) defensive (which he is brilliant at) while allowing Ross to take more advanced role. For me it makes sense to get in Ross for Kovacic in any game. 

Coming to conceding the second goal, the blame should be on the Luiz who had a brain frat moment which created a hole behind and it opened up everything for us. Luiz is suppose to be the last line of defense and that was absolutely a huge No-No. 

And yes we would soon be coming at a situation where Kante might end up on the bench if Ross and Kovacic keep delivering. Said it before the advanced role for Kante might not work for him (although I'm praying he makes it his own at the earliest). 

On 20/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, Magic Lamps said:

I think we are not even that far away and that is actually the most frustrating. We are those 4 players away. And the best is we got decent replacement for all of them already in the squad. I think we are one world class striker away from a team capable of winning the league and maybe 1 world class cb, 1 world class striker, 1 good winger and 1 good left back. away from being a world class team. We just need to splash some cash but then again when we splash some cash we usually fuck it up it 50% of cases. And in normal clubs you pay shitloads of money to be sure you get a world class player.

Sad to see yourself and many like-minded people can see how close yet so far away from this vision ,yet our club seem to not share this (the summer recruitment strategy again manager+players was haphazard)sell a good chunk of the deadwood loanees for a start will pay for 1 maybe 2 players 

WATCH: The Matthew Harding Stand goes wild after Barkley’s last-minute equalizer

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/10/21/18005290/watch-the-matthew-harding-stand-goes-wild-after-barkleys-last-minute-equalizer

Priceless for everything else there's mastercard

So we've managed to stay unbeaten after playing Arsenal, Liverpool and United. Granted, we were the host for all of these games, but still it's a very strong start for us. 

Let's keep in mind that the objective for this season is implementing Sarriball and finishing in the top 4. We are in a great position at this point.

Well done to everyone. 

18 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Once we buy good striker, or/and goal-scoring right winger, Bakley will be no match for Kovačić I think.

In this set-up we are in a need of goals SO much, and that's why Barkley sometimes seems more useful than Mateo.

On 20-10-2018 at 10:07 PM, Robguima said:

Our star player is not a big game winner.

Really ?  We've played 4 big games( Arsenal, Liverpool twice and United) this season. Hazard scored 2 goals and got 1 assist in them. The assist got us 3 points against Arsenal, goal against Liverpool in the cup won the game and knocked out Liverpool. The goal against Liverpool in the PL would have won us the game if it wasn't for Sturridge his wonder strike couple minutes before time and Hazard did that in 243 minutes as he only started 2 out of the 4 games. 

10 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Really ?  We've played 4 big games( Arsenal, Liverpool twice and United) this season. Hazard scored 2 goals and got 1 assist in them. The assist got us 3 points against Arsenal, goal against Liverpool in the cup won the game and knocked out Liverpool. The goal against Liverpool in the PL would have won us the game if it wasn't for Sturridge his wonder strike couple minutes before time and Hazard did that in 243 minutes as he only started 2 out of the 4 games. 

You don't need to justify Hazard to anyone, what that poster put was absolute tosh.