• Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

1 minute ago, Jason said:

1. Willian, Morata and Alonso were hopeless. All 3 offered nothing going forward, Morata contributed more defensively than offensively, Alonso kept getting caught out defensively.

2. Luiz...what to do with Luiz? Looked good for most of the game and then went and committed a suicidal defending for the second goal. Christensen has hardly been great but he probably had a chuckle about that moment.

3. Poor performance overall - created next to zero clear cut chances, committed some very bad defending. Worst part was probably after going behind - started taking silly pot shots from distance and lumping the ball forward with more of hope than anything else. 

4. Putting my carefree hat on - played poorly but somehow, snatched a draw to stay unbeaten and pissed Mourinho off at the same time. Good day...

This just shows we aren't good enough to win the league. Even if Hazard scores 50 goals we will only manage 3rd place. The fact we're looking to Giroud and Pedro as saviours in comparison to Morata and Willian says it all.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jason said:

1. Willian, Morata and Alonso were hopeless. All 3 offered nothing going forward, Morata contributed more defensively than offensively, Alonso kept getting caught out defensively.

2. Luiz...what to do with Luiz? Looked good for most of the game and then went and committed a suicidal defending for the second goal. Christensen has hardly been great but he probably had a chuckle about that moment.

3. Poor performance overall - created next to zero clear cut chances, committed some very bad defending. Worst part was probably after going behind - started taking silly pot shots from distance and lumping the ball forward with more of hope than anything else. 

4. Putting my carefree hat on - played poorly but somehow, snatched a draw to stay unbeaten and pissed Mourinho off at the same time. Good day...

Just came back from the bar and I was saying the same thing. Alonso was probably our worst player today. He offered nothing 

Giroud has to start every single PL match. Even if he only scores a handful of goals all season he offers 10x more than Morata. 

We desperately need to go all out and sign a goal scorer in January if we want to finish in the top 4. We cannot survive on Hazard carrying the attacking load all season.

Sarri time bitches.

I would like a win, but this feels so great. To think united thought they will win this and actualy started to fight for the club in a trans, only to be denied in last fucking minute. 

Fucking love it.

P.S.: after equalizer i started shouting so loud like its new year 1976 and the neighbours thought im in a row with my dad again hahah

Also I dont wish any bad to Mou, he applauded the fans, it was cool to see. I respect the history he achieved with us.

But also fuck United. Come on blues!!!!

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Spot On...

Add to that piss poor final third passing

This team needs more coaching...Players need to think like a team especially in final third..

Awful performances from Morata , Willian and Alonso 

We should sell morata next transfer window and get actual striker..He will not improve and  we should not keep any hopes on him

Bad game management by Sarri ...He should have made subs earlier

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

W 3-2 Arsenal
D 1-1 Liverpool
D 2-2 Man United

Took the lead in all 3 games, conceded lead in all 3 and got out of jail in 2 of the games...

in all of these games we were very dominant in the beginning and crumbled defensively more and more.... I think this is testament to a) us not being completely immersed into sarriball yet especially in defense b.) our inability to finish off games after a lead which is imo due to both a bit of lack in killer instinct and attitude as well as our poor finishing skills in our front 3.

We have to make up for these results on the road. where we must not get beaten. OT, Anfield and Etihad will be hell. I hope Sarri gets a bit of a plan b cos if we play like we did so far vs City we are gonna get humiliated. We need to be able to make games more tight and not concdede so much space right and left when having a lead which allows sides we have dominated at will to come back into the game.

My takes on today's game:

1. We are hamstrung with Morata up front. Gary Neville got it spot on in commentary saying he is always looking to go down with his back to goal. He just isn't cut out for playing as a link striker. If Giroud could guarantee 12-15 goals a season we would be fine because his contribution in the last 15 minutes was far better than Morata's for 75. The problem still remains without a goalscorer we will struggle to keep pace this year.

2. We saw the best and worst of Luiz today. When Jorginho is being man marked, Luiz has an important role to start attacks and particularly in the first half he showed that we can cope with someone trying to shut down Jorginho because we've got him so accomplished on the ball. But United's second goal was criminal. He's so rash into tackles and it will cost us points at stages during the season.

3. I'm really happy with the keeper. He had no chance with the goals but he is very good on the ball and that confidence and ability on the ball gives a huge boost to be able to play out from the back which I do believe wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective with Courtois between the sticks.

4. After Mourinho and Conte, I find it refreshing that Sarri is so honest and humble. If it was Conte, that thing at the end would have resulted in days of paper talk and negative press. Sarri squashed it immediately, and was completely honest about the game. We were the better team in the first half and completely lost any and all rhythm in the second.