• Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose bloody idea was it to schedule this game for lunchtime kick off immediately after the international break?! :doh: 

This is a trap game, IMO. Form guide will say we should win this comfortably but it's Mourinho, it's Man United, it's at the Bridge and it's Mourinho against a possession based side. We know how he will approach this game and we gotta be careful to not lose possession carelessly and not be caught on the break. Otherwise, this could become like the Chelsea v Arsenal games of yesteryear.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Whose bloody idea was it to schedule this game for lunchtime kick off immediately after the international break?! :doh: 

This is a trap game, IMO. Form guide will say we should win this comfortably but it's Mourinho, it's Man United, it's at the Bridge and it's Mourinho against a possession based side. We know how he will approach this game and we gotta be careful to not lose possession carelessly and not be caught on the break. Otherwise, this could become like the Chelsea v Arsenal games of yesteryear.

Last year we bossed posession against them too and won at the bridge and lost at OT where we had less.Utd are not really that good on the break anymore. I dont fear them but still  after that rigged international break is always dangerous.Hopefully our players dont feature much but I am afraid they will.

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Last year we bossed posession against them too and won at the bridge and lost at OT where we had less.Utd are not really that good on the break anymore. I dont fear them but still  after that rigged international break is always dangerous.Hopefully our players dont feature much but I am afraid they will.

But Conte's football is not quite the same as Sarri's, is it? Plus, though we have won most games this season, we have also struggled to break down defensive sides and given away some clear cut chances to opponents in recent games. If we don't tighten things up and do better in smashing buses down, you suspect Mourinho might quietly fancy this, even more so when there is a chance to end our unbeaten start to the season. 

slightly nervous for this game, Jose always seems to manage some freak spectacular game when his back is against the wall. It plays into his style this one, he is away from home playing against a high flying attacking side who is leaky at the back. He will play all the goons, protect deep and try to counter for 1-2 goals. An early goal will be immense for us, it will force them to come out of the shell and play.

Thank god that International Football is over.

I agree with akgw13, Jose is going to have something in store.  That something is Fellaini.

I think he's going to be in the RB position when we kick off in order to combat the long overload diagonal we use on every kick off (maybe we'll go to the right this time?).  I can also see Fellaini going up front as a no. 10 and Utd trying to bypass our press with long balls to Lukaku and/or Fellaini.

We know that they are going to bring the bus.  I suspect that the no.10 will have instructions to mark Jorginho.  

This is going to be a tough match.  We'll see what Sarri thinks Jose will do, and what kind of adjustments he makes in preparation.

i hate the idea of facing Mou and his United goons right after the international break, specially an early kick off. I just hope Sarri has the players prepared for this one and that we aproach this game with the proper mentality and attitude, we have no excuses, im simply tired of Mou's bullshit tbh and i want us to stuff his team. Cheers

My expected lineup, hopefully:

Kepa

Azpi   Luiz  Rudi   Alonso

Kovacic   Kante  Jorginho

Hazard    Giroud   Pedro

On 16/10/2018 at 4:11 PM, Johnnyeye said:

i hate the idea of facing Mou and his United goons right after the international break, specially an early kick off. I just hope Sarri has the players prepared for this one and that we aproach this game with the proper mentality and attitude, we have no excuses, im simply tired of Mou's bullshit tbh and i want us to stuff his team. Cheers

My expected lineup, hopefully:

Kepa

Azpi   Luiz  Rudi   Alonso

Kovacic   Kante  Jorginho

Hazard    Giroud   Pedro

Barkley for Kante, and Morata for Giroud

this match is worrying me.  Everyone is saying that we're going to win, Man Utd fans all think they are going to get spanked.  That's a recipe for disaster, IMO.  We don't give up that many chances, but the ones we do are golden.  If Utd put one of those away at 0-0, or even 1-0, it could be a lot of trouble.  

Long balls to Fellaini and/or Lukaku to bypass the press.  Utd may be in terrible form right now, but their physicality could be a huge problem for us.

Tough match.  I hope I'm wrong and we crush them.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

this match is worrying me.  Everyone is saying that we're going to win, Man Utd fans all think they are going to get spanked.  That's a recipe for disaster, IMO.  We don't give up that many chances, but the ones we do are golden.  If Utd put one of those away at 0-0, or even 1-0, it could be a lot of trouble.  

Long balls to Fellaini and/or Lukaku to bypass the press.  Utd may be in terrible form right now, but their physicality could be a huge problem for us.

Tough match.  I hope I'm wrong and we crush them.

Yep!!! West ham... Meant to be easy.  Europa league games... Anything but. I reckon we'll be annoying. Just a feeling. A few misses.. Shit corner... Mata or Lukaku goal just for old time sake.