test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-2 Man Utd

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   10 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Rudiger
      5
    • Luiz
      0
    • Alonso
      0
    • Jorginho
      1
    • Kovacic
      1
    • Kante
      0
    • Willian
      0
    • Hazard
      1
    • Morata
      0
    • Giroud (sub)
      0
    • Pedro (sub)
      0
    • Barkley (sub)
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

264 posts in this topic
41 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i dont like being overconfident, it can backfire badly, our tendency of fucking up against teams that are in shambles worries me, i think of Newcastle, Palace, West Ham, Everton, etc in past years where we were favorites and ended up droping points to that lot, altough United are a different monster and on their day they can upset anyone no matter how shit they are, but i seriously hope its not the case this time and we do our job like we are suposed to, we have no excuses simple as that. Cheers mate

True we have a habit of fucking up in previous games seemingly a formality, but I have a very healthy dislike of the Reds, going back to school in London half  was Utd and half Chels -and I am going to this, so cant be all coy, have to be positive and vocal...In Sarri we Trust :dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

i dont like being overconfident, it can backfire badly, our tendency of fucking up against teams that are in shambles worries me, i think of Newcastle, Palace, West Ham, Everton, etc in past years where we were favorites and ended up droping points to that lot, altough United are a different monster and on their day they can upset anyone no matter how shit they are, but i seriously hope its not the case this time and we do our job like we are suposed to, we have no excuses simple as that. Cheers mate

Im with you on this one. Would def take any kind of win if im being honest. 

Vesper, kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

Im with you on this one. Would def take any kind of win if im being honest. 

Yes, any way we can win, I am all in. Manure will never be a cakewalk, no matter what situation they are in.

Johnnyeye and Sideshow Luiz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Pre-Match Press Conference

Quote

Sarri on Rudiger and team news: "As usual, after the national teams, there are some problems. The most serious is with Ampadu, then we have a problem with Hudson-Odoi and Barkley."

Sarri says Hudson-Odoi's injury is serious and it will take a couple of weeks.

Sarri confirms Rudiger and Kovacic will be fit to face Manchester United.

Sarri on Hazard's recent comments: "He is a fantastic player, it will be very important for us if he remains with us. He is very very important. I think also that he can win everything, also the Ballon d'Or, here at Chelsea without playing in Spain"

Sarri on Real Madrid courting Hazard with Calderon's kept like a slave at Chelsea comments: "I don't know what to say. I don't think so [he is like a slave], in the last few months I have always seen him being very happy."

Sarri on Mourinho: "We are tlaking about a coach who has won everything, he has won everywhere. I have to respect. I also think you all have to respect him."

Sarri on Mourinho's rivalry with Conte: "I think he is a very good coach and manager, one of the best in the world. I don't know his problem with Antonio. I think, on the pitch, sometimes we are a bit tense, so you can say everything in that moment"

Sarri says he does not know if Chelsea are playing better football now than under Jose Mourinho, a coach he points out has won everything everywhere. Sarri adds that the media should respect Mourinho also.

Sarri on Karen Carney (Chelsea woman getting abuse on social media): "I saw the last match with Fiorentina. She is a very good midfielder and she scored. About the situation, what can I say? It is not acceptable, it is disgusting."

Sarri on social media use with players: "I think you can use social media for work, but not for socialising. I have a problem speaking even on the phone with my friends because I like to speak over dinner face to face. It is not my world."

Sarri on Mourinho not getting enough respect: "I think not at the moment. I try not to read anything [about him]. I know in football, especially for the coach, we have positive periods and negative periods. In negative periods, I only want to think with my own mind"

Sarri says United's poor form is only two months: "I think they are a very strong team. Maybe player-by-player, they are the best team in the league. At the moment City is more of a team, but player-by-player they are very very strong"

Sarri on whether he has told Hazard winning the Ballon d'Or at Chelsea: "Not at the moment, because I have seen him for the first time in two weeks only yesterday. I want to tell him soon."

Sarri: "I had 8 players only at the beginning of August, then we have started playing every three days, it is very difficult to work in this way with the players. In the future we can improve and need to improve on the defensive phase. We are giving too many chances to opponents"

Sarri on Christensen's future: "David and Antonio have played really very well. It is not easy to change. In our last six matches, Christensen has played in 3. For his father, the Europa League is not important but for us it is"

Sarri says Christensen is suitable for his style of play and adds, "in the future he will be able to play very open.”

Sarri on Chelsea reportedly losing patience with Morata: "I think they don't know me very well. I am not thinking about the market at the moment. I am completely focused on improving my players. I think in the last month Morata has played better."

 

Johnnyeye and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Morata and Pedro start this one. If you look at the teams that have been troubling united this season they all have one thing in common, they have people running in between the lines who force their defenders into  mistakes because they are not the most technically gifted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

Hopefully Morata and Pedro start this one. If you look at the teams that have been troubling united this season they all have one thing in common, they have people running in between the lines who force their defenders into  mistakes because they are not the most technically gifted.  

United will park the bus in this game so I'd go with Giroud and Pedro

Strike and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ, every question trying to get some sort of statement that can be twisted to cause some sort of controversy.  Why the hell are you asking about Conte's and Jose's relationship?  Do they ask Klopp what he thinks about Benitez and Ferguson not getting along?  Christensen's dad?  Trying to get Sarri to insult Jose.  You've matched Chelsea's best start, which came under Mourinho 4 years ago:  Are you playing better football?  Nice try, I'm sure you'd love a Saturday headline that reads:  Sarri SLAMS Jose's tactics.

Sarri doing a good job, keep it boring.  "I don't know, it's hard for me to say in this moment" then give the answer to a similar but not the same question.

 

Johnnyeye and Fulham Broadway like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason said:

 

 

And two games upcoming against BATE and Derby where I am hoping Hudson-Odoi could play is dampened.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stats said:

And two games upcoming against BATE and Derby where I am hoping Hudson-Odoi could play is dampened.

I think Sarri said something like 'Ampadu has a problem after the international break, also Odoi and Barkley. But Barkley and Odoi have something small, maybe one or two days, while Odoi (here he wanted to say Ampadu) needs a couple of weeks' 

He said Odoi two times, I think he meant Ampadu in the last sentence, he could be the one with the injury that needs a couple of weeks. 

I did not replicate the exact words, but live you could hear him say Odoi two times in the same sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

I would  put my house on it that Mourinho will have a game plan to stop Jorginho Controlling Chelsea midfield with his passes 

Agreed. This made me think: Would it be the craziest idea to have both Jorginho and Cesc in the starting eleven? United wouldn't know what do to with them both on the field at the same time :) Defensively that midfield could be very weak of course

Johnnyeye and the wes like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like it's been a month since we last played. I wonder what sort of ultra annoying scheme Mourinho has planned out to "kill" certain aspects of this match. Will he send his 2 thugs Fellaini and Herrera out there to kick and elbow our technical players every chance they get? Probably.

As shite as they've been so far this season I am worried about their attack. Wonder if José will have them balls to drop Sanchez here. I'd be more scared of Martial than him at this point. I think they'd give us a load of issues with a front 3 of Lukaku, Martial, and Rashford.

I really fucking hate how these international breaks kill momentum and routine. I would've fancied us to batter them had we played a coup,e of weeks ago. Now I think it could go either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Christ, every question trying to get some sort of statement that can be twisted to cause some sort of controversy.  Why the hell are you asking about Conte's and Jose's relationship?  Do they ask Klopp what he thinks about Benitez and Ferguson not getting along?  Christensen's dad?  Trying to get Sarri to insult Jose.  You've matched Chelsea's best start, which came under Mourinho 4 years ago:  Are you playing better football?  Nice try, I'm sure you'd love a Saturday headline that reads:  Sarri SLAMS Jose's tactics.

Sarri doing a good job, keep it boring.  "I don't know, it's hard for me to say in this moment" then give the answer to a similar but not the same question.

 

journos are the worst

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wes said:

A Chelsea fan paid £7k on Hazard banner which reads ‘Eden Hazard we want you to stay’ and will be displayed during Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off against Manchester United.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/19/andreas-christensen-will-request-transfer-chelsea-not-playing/

Yes Eden, keep talking about going to Real because the fans will put up banners and build statue of you...

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really fed up with the fucking hype surrounding this match, on sky sports it's all about Mourinho and his players, on BBC sports it's about how much Mourinho would love to have Hazard at Man Ure.

FFS we're the home team, 2nd in the league playing wonderfull football, and yet fuck all about us.

KTBFFH

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'm really fed up with the fucking hype surrounding this match, on sky sports it's all about Mourinho and his players, on BBC sports it's about how much Mourinho would love to have Hazard at Man Ure.

FFS we're the home team, 2nd in the league playing wonderfull football, and yet fuck all about us.

KTBFFH

That's not necessarily bad. One of the things I liked about Conte's first season was how no one took the team seriously until they won their 8th in a row at City

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'm really fed up with the fucking hype surrounding this match, on sky sports it's all about Mourinho and his players, on BBC sports it's about how much Mourinho would love to have Hazard at Man Ure.

FFS we're the home team, 2nd in the league playing wonderfull football, and yet fuck all about us.

KTBFFH

better this way as it focus more attention on Manure and less on us, so we can focus more and do our job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.