• Morata
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not lost but 2 home draws against rivals is worrying..
This is were I'm at. Failure to kill off games is still a major problem.

Sarri can't make the same selection mistakes again (Morata starting in any game of importance).

Missed  the first 75 mins match, and was horrified to learn the score at 1-2.

Would have really hated it if they had won this match...the press and rival fans would have been insufferable (they might still be that for a week though)

Glad we equalized one way or the other.

12 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Of course we're useless today. Morata and Willian. Two of the biggest frauds at Chelsea,  Playing 70 mins. rendering our attack and Hazard useless.

I have no doubt in my mind if Giroud and Pedro had started  we would have won.

Morata will be out in January. There is stil a problem with defense.

Literally all 4 goals today came from moments of dreadful defending. This is the first glimpse of David Luiz morphing into a clown so far this season. Dove in TWICE on different players 50 yards from our goal, one of which they scored on.

As for the game, we were in control and comfortable the whole first half. We then completely stopped playing our game and abandoned our identity. Our attack was pretty woeful overall.

Not a terrible point in the end considering we were about to lose, but United were there for the taking if we had more quality up top.

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

Literally all 4 goals today came from moments of dreadful defending. This is the first glimpse of David Luiz morphing into a clown so far this season. Dove in TWICE on different players 50 yards from our goal, one of which they scored on.

As for the game, we were in control and comfortable the whole first half. We then completely stopped playing our game and abandoned our identity. Our attack was pretty woeful overall.

Not a terrible point in the end considering we were about to lose, but United were there for the taking if we had more quality up top.

Thought David had a good game tbh. The issue is Alonso disappearing from that left side often leaving David exposed. 

1 minute ago, bigbluewillie said:

I can't understand how manure came out the 2nd half up for it , we on the other hand came out so lethargic it beggers belief, im surprised we manged a draw, I was searching other games I had enough.

Because we had ZERO threat  up front. Why shouldn't they come up for it when they know the opposition can hurt them with a useless striker who kills all attacks and a fraud of  a right winger?

Even in the 1st half, we didn't play anything.

AS glad as I am about the equalizer this is really worrying. We are unable to kill of matches and have been basically since 2016 where we still had a decent striker. 

It is plain obvious how much individual mistakes and a rift in individual quality costs us. Alonso, Willian, Morata and to some extent Luiz, as everyone on this forum here knows. are passengers and a clear cut below our core of world class players like Hazard, Jorginho, Kante and Azpi. And the really mind-boggling fact about this is that we more or less got capable albeit not class replacements for all of them in the squad and just don't play them. Conte has not played them and now Sarri does not. I don't know what tf is wrong there. Really need to cut our losses with Morata and buy a decent striker. I maintain a decent one will do. Our front line will make him look like a world beater if he does the basics right and has stable confidence. 

im so upset and relived at the same time, we were shambles today going forward and defensively and if not for Barkley (thank God) we would have deservedly lost at home to Mou's United. Ross deserves that starting spot no question, i simply love the guy already, his commitment and never say die attitude is what i love in players, he saved our asses from embarassment, it already is tbh. Sarri deserves a big slap on the face for starting those 2 frauds William and Morata, he needs to sort out some things, this is a fucking wake up call to the board, we are not good enough to win the title, we need to clear deadwood, its as clear as daylight some players are not good enough for this club. The most important thing is that we didnt lose, eventough its tough to take, but we put ourselves in this position, we knew United had to get a result today and we allowed them stupidly, we need to wake up and face reality, we are still a work in progress but we need fresh players who can contribute and not deadweight ones. Cheers

1. Willian, Morata and Alonso were hopeless. All 3 offered nothing going forward, Morata contributed more defensively than offensively, Alonso kept getting caught out defensively.

2. Luiz...what to do with Luiz? Looked good for most of the game and then went and committed a suicidal defending for the second goal. Christensen has hardly been great but he probably had a chuckle about that moment.

3. Poor performance overall - created next to zero clear cut chances, committed some very bad defending. Worst part was probably after going behind - started taking silly pot shots from distance and lumping the ball forward with more of hope than anything else. 

4. Putting my carefree hat on - played poorly but somehow, snatched a draw to stay unbeaten and pissed Mourinho off at the same time. Good day...