• Pedro (sub)
    • Morata (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

I just want to know whether Sarri is recognizing now that Willian can't do anything for him.

I've yet to watch the full match, but good to see that Barkley scored.

edit: update, I watched most of this match and Kepa is like our DeGea, but maybe he's stronger than DeGea in his first season and definitely more confident.

Nice play from us once Willian was removed.

I think Willian for us is what Mahrez seems to be for Guardiola - simply not fit to play this style of football. Too many touches, to much time to think about the next move, both slow down the play and Sarri and Guardiola like the ball to be moved at fast pace. Well Willian was here already and we must deal with it, Sarri is going to rotate him and Pedro to keep some kind of good atmosphere, but Mahrez? I don't think he was Guardiola's first choice, more like a panic buy from the club because of his Leicester season and PL experience. 

On 08/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, petre.ispirescu said:

I think Willian for us is what Mahrez seems to be for Guardiola - simply not fit to play this style of football. Too many touches, to much time to think about the next move, both slow down the play and Sarri and Guardiola like the ball to be moved at fast pace. Well Willian was here already and we must deal with it, Sarri is going to rotate him and Pedro to keep some kind of good atmosphere, but Mahrez? I don't think he was Guardiola's first choice, more like a panic buy from the club because of his Leicester season and PL experience. 

I think Shitty makes a move eventually for Pep's number one RW choice, Mbappe. Mahrez to me was a Bayern buy. Soak up all the best domestic players so your rivals don't strengthen themselves. 

In the EPL there are only 5 truly top class RW'ers (IMHO)

Salah, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, and Zaha.

Shitty have 3 of the 5 now.

For LW it's only 3 true ones 

Hazard

Sané

Mané

Martial I rate more as a CF, and Richarlison has the potential to get there, maybe, maybe Felipe Anderson, but probably not. Alexis has collapsed. Heung-min Son I just cant place that high (maybe my spuds hatred is biasing me).

Shitty also looked like they possibly, possibly made a major blunder by selling Jadon Sancho (too early by far to tell but he certainly has exploded as an 18yo for Dortmund.) Sooo hope we dont lose CHO in same fashion.

So out of 8 truly elite EPL wingers,  Shitty have half. Bayern-level stockpile.