Joe Cole

the wes

Joe Cole is one of my favorite Chelsea players, but since his injury to his knee and ankle he has just not been the same. I can remember a handful of games where he has been outstanding, for example Spurs 4-4 Chelsea. But since than like TX said he is just an impact sub. He has been losing the ball far to often and personally im so over him trying to do these flicks that result in 1 in 5 going to our player and the rest we find our selves scrambling back into our defensive half.

That said if we where to lose Joe all i can see happening is alot of anger by a few of our squad players. Players that are very important at our club. Such as Jt, Lamps, Drogs. Because everyone loves him at the club. But he is asking to much per week. He has hardly earned a raise as of late to be fair.

If any team was to offer us around 20-25 million + i can see the club accepting the offer. But thats only if the transfer window is opened up to us again.

What price could use see us getting offered and what we would accept?

If any team was to offer us around 20-25 million + i can see the club accepting the offer. But thats only if the transfer window is opened up to us again.

What price could use see us getting offered and what we would accept?

I don't think we will get any offers, he is able to sign a pre-contract with any club in a few months. His contract is up at the end of the season and then a club will just pick him up as a free agent if he doesn't sign an extension with the Chels

He is injury prone, hasnt scored many goals since his come back. Has been average. I wouldnt be bothered if he leaves us. We have Kakuta in the line.

I think he just milking us knowing we wont be able to sign anyone hence the 130k per week. But i think he will settle down to 100k.

Else, Id have Arjen Robben Back in place of Joe Cole. Seems to be playing quite regularly at Munich.

• 1 month later...

I think people might well be winding me up here but i have heard from a couple of people that he has been linked with a move to United.

Personally i have not seen anything like that in the papers or on the telly. Don't think it would ever happen, even if he were to leave on a bosman but thought it was interesting that i heard it from two different people.

It is really not a great situation. Joe at the moment doesn't deserve a pay rise, and the truth is that the only club who will better the wages we would offer would be City. Would United offer Joe Cole the money he is asking us for?I seriously doubt that. He also at the moment doesn't really deserve a pay rise as his form has been way off. I want Joe Cole to stay but he needs to be realistic.

JOE COLE will quit Chelsea on a free transfer this summer.

He seems almost certain to join title rivals Manchester United after the Stamford Bridge club humiliated him with the offer of a one-year contract and a 40 per cent pay cut. The England midfielder is out of contract at the end of the season and had been hoping to sign a long-term deal to stay at Chelsea.

He was stunned when chairman Bruce Buck offered a 12-month deal with a one-year option – even though he is still only 28 and regarded as one of the most talented players in the Premier League.

Cole has made it clear he will not accept such a short-term package, with wages of £36,000 a week.

Such a deal would leave him earning a fraction of what England team-mates John Terry, Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole are on. The decision to offer such a poor deal was made by Roman Abramovich and effectively means Chelsea are happy to lose Cole without netting a fee.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has rated Cole ever since he burst on to the scene as a teenager at West Ham .

Starsport understands United would be ready to offer a three-year deal.

Cole would have no worries about moving to the North-West with wife Carly and their new baby, due later this month.

Manchester City are willing to offer £80,000 a week , while Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is also interested in signing Cole.

----------------------------

Source:- The Daily Star

----------------------------

This better be a bollocks article! This is Frank Lampard from two years ago all over again

Edited by CJ Revo

Sorry but if that source is true and they offered him 36k, after the service he has given the club over his time here he has a right to be a bit pissed with the attitude of the club towards him.

Edited by boshman

Sorry but if that source is true and they offered him 36k, after the service he has given the club over his time here he has a right to be a bit pissed with the attitude of the club towards him.

Whilst i doubt if this story is true you also have to look at it from the clubs point of view. Joe Cole hasn't performed for us for a long while due to form and injury and now he wants a pay rise at a time when the club are trying to bring down the wage bill. It is a awkward situation and one that i hope gets sorted out but there are 2 sides to this story and they both feel they are in the right....

it was in the Daily Star ,,,their football stories are written by astrologerswhistling.gif