General Chelsea Stuff

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Even though Maloudas strike crossed the line, and wasn't given, still prefer no VAR. Game flowed so much better

It was nice to see players score and not have to wait and see if it counts or not. Or offside by a mm.

Think they're showing Munich on the Chelsea app later from the 80th minute onwards..nawww happy times!!

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Think they're showing Munich on the Chelsea app later from the 80th minute onwards..nawww happy times!!

Nice. 2010 Final on now v Pompey. Jeez how we miss Drogba, Lampard, Anelka, Ballack….:P

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Nice. 2010 Final on now v Pompey. Jeez how we miss Drogba, Lampard, Anelka, Ballack….:P

Saw that at the Bridge as well.. dont remember going..or the game! Watched the highlights when chelsea showed it but still dont remember it. Even though 2 penalties missed and saves.

10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Saw that at the Bridge as well.. dont remember going..or the game! Watched the highlights when chelsea showed it but still dont remember it. Even though 2 penalties missed and saves.

Me too. Yeah penalty misses galore. Weird how you forget some stuff -we hit the woodwork four times as well !

14 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Loved that win...them thinking they scored...ermmm nope!! 

At Bridge for that one as well lol. Happy days!! And especially what followed after 

4th FA Cup win in 6 seasons and Drogba the only player to score in 4 finals. Happy Days

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

4th FA Cup win in 6 seasons and Drogba the only player to score in 4 finals. Happy Days

Miss his presence. Turned into such a player after his slightly iffy start and tumbles around on the floor.

Love a FA cup win!

I don't know where best to put this so i do here. In the Bundesliga apart from Hertha all the results and performances pretty much followed the same form trend that was building before the break (Bayern, Dortmund and Gladbach on form, Frankfurt collapsing like a pack of cards, Leipzig drawing too much main examples) so maybe we could still pick up from the momentum built vs the Scouse duo after all.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't know where best to put this so i do here. In the Bundesliga apart from Hertha all the results and performances pretty much followed the same form trend that was building before the break (Bayern, Dortmund and Gladbach on form, Frankfurt collapsing like a pack of cards, Leipzig drawing too much main examples) so maybe we could still pick up from the momentum built vs the Scouse duo after all.

Think that's true form will continue - though lack of atmosphere will obviously give Arsenal a 'Home' advantage :P and now I read theyre terrified of TV mics picking up swearing from players and the dugout. If that's all theyre worried about....

I actually think it's dumb to restart the season after months off. The integrity of the season is lost. I was/am fully on the side of ending it and coming back in the fall.

Players are going to be rusty for weeks and the quality of football will be shit during that time for the most part.

Something people don't often talk about is how some teams being healthy while others aren't is an advantage. Take Spuds for example. They were going to be in serious trouble before this extended break. Harry Kane was set to miss the  rest of the season, Son was likely going to miss weeks and weeks, other important players were injured as well. Now when we resume they just get all those players back. That's fucking dumb in my opinion. If there was never any break they'd have been screwed. Now they'll have a great chance to challenge us for 4th.

Same with United. Pogba and Rashford, their two best players, were out with long term injuries. Now they get them back.

Teams above them having relatively healthier squads was an advantage that's no longer there.

I don't know a great solution in regards to CL places and relegation but this season is fucked imo.

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

I actually think it's dumb to restart the season after months off. The integrity of the season is lost. I was/am fully on the side of ending it and coming back in the fall.

Players are going to be rusty for weeks and the quality of football will be shit during that time for the most part.

Something people don't often talk about is how some teams being healthy while others aren't is an advantage. Take Spuds for example. They were going to be in serious trouble before this extended break. Harry Kane was set to miss the  rest of the season, Son was likely going to miss weeks and weeks, other important players were injured as well. Now when we resume they just get all those players back. That's fucking dumb in my opinion. If there was never any break they'd have been screwed. Now they'll have a great chance to challenge us for 4th.

Same with United. Pogba and Rashford, their two best players, were out with long term injuries. Now they get them back.

Teams above them having relatively healthier squads was an advantage that's no longer there.

I don't know a great solution in regards to CL places and relegation but this season is fucked imo.

I see why are you thinking like this but the thing is you are looking at this from sporting POV.  Clubs want to finish the season because of money and it is essential for them.