• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

I tell ya whats cracked me up is all the scousers celebrating how well they did to get a draw with us and a lot of Chels saying we should have won.

Now that sounds like a compliment from the Dippers and a slagging off from our own 'supporters'

I know I keep going on about it but just imagine  if Roman manages to stop from sackimg him for a couple of years and 4 more transfer windows. How good could we be then?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So annoying to concede that late. Team played really well. Luiz was MOTM for me. Was immense defensively and his transformation from defence to attack. Done a couple brilliant passes over the top. He really does not get the praise he deserves. He is really key to our system. I don't have much complaints really. Just poor finishing and a lack of concentration cost us. Either way, happy with out start to the season. Sarri's style of play is wearing off on the team and the team are responding really well. We looked really assured playing from the back yesterday against one of the best pressing teams around. However annoying that Spurs and Arsenal are right in touching distance of us now. Roll on to the next one!

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Getting a point from this game may be a good result but if you look at the bigger picture, it's back-to-back draws all of a sudden. We're nowhere near a "bad moment" yet but if we slip up again at Southampton next weekend, then we will be entering dangerous territory with United to come after that and Spurs as well Arsenal being close behind us in the table.

While I see your concerns Jason, if you look at the BIGGER bigger picture, at the start of the season you would have taken this start with both hands. Krapp,sorry, Klopp has had 4 years at Pool and is only seeing the fruits of his work now, and they've still won fuck all. Sarri has had 10 weeks and the transformation has been amazing. From boring defensive football to attacking football and happy people playing it is great. I will admit I was concerned about our defensive frailities, but against Liverpool today they played well. Rudiger to me is a bit of an unsung hero, and Luiz today was outstanding. They are all getting the Sarri message loud and clear and seem to be loving it  I really hope Sarri stays, gets the players he wants and continues with his philosophy of pure football. Even if we dont win anything this season I think we are now finally heading in the right direction... and quicker than I ever dreamed of.

17 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

While I see your concerns Jason, if you look at the BIGGER bigger picture, at the start of the season you would have taken this start with both hands. Krapp,sorry, Klopp has had 4 years at Pool and is only seeing the fruits of his work now, and they've still won fuck all. Sarri has had 10 weeks and the transformation has been amazing. From boring defensive football to attacking football and happy people playing it is great. I will admit I was concerned about our defensive frailities, but against Liverpool today they played well. Rudiger to me is a bit of an unsung hero, and Luiz today was outstanding. They are all getting the Sarri message loud and clear and seem to be loving it  I really hope Sarri stays, gets the players he wants and continues with his philosophy of pure football. Even if we dont win anything this season I think we are now finally heading in the right direction... and quicker than I ever dreamed of.

I don't disagree with that but we all know it only takes a few dodgy results for things to (possibly) go wrong and for the vultures to start circling. 

Just now, Jason said:

I don't disagree with that but we all know it only takes a few dodgy results for things to (possibly) go wrong and for the vultures to start circling. 

The vultures will always circle a big club like us, waiting to get their teeth into us at any opportunity. I too am waiting for the blip and to see our response, but until then I will enjoy what I am seeing. We seem to be playing with less pressure than previous seasons as nobody expects us to really compete come the business end of the season. So lets enjoy it and hope we can at least get a Champions league spot, which to me would be a good season.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Not only vultures but also our own supporters. We have a lot already questioning his team selections. While I would have my preferences I do still understand why he makes the decisions he has done and as what he is trying to achieve is working we must give the guy that freedom to do it his way.

I never dreamed we would adapt so well after having such defense minded managers and honestly thought it may have taken much longer than this anf with far more bumps in the road.

But while there shirley will be a few we have just won 1 game and very nearly amother against one of the strongest teams we will meet in the PL.

It still sticks in my throat even texting that last comment about the scouse gits. Just look how a couple of years with the right manager AND a board that trusts and backs his decisions can make!!

Lets hope that OUR board can see what Sarri is doing is working and has his back.

Ask Santa Roman for a nice new striker and RW for Xmas seeing as Sarris been a good boy this year!t

Is anyone as pissed off as much as me at all the response about the game was concerned about the scouse gits?

EVERYTHING I;ve read in the media is yet again about the medias darlings. How well they played, how they fought, how Sturridge can walk on water. What a bunch of wank!

Not a dickie bird about us fucking up their wins in a row record they were going for or how well we have taken to Sarri.

I know I should be used to it and not really care. Maybe a little jealous I'm not sure. All I know is that its really pissed me off.

EDIT: A small example of what i mean. These are the CHELSEA headlines I always have up on my browser from NewsNow. All the ones I hightlighted are PRO Scouse. And theres others that say stuff like L'pool  EARN point at Chelsea which still makes it all about them not praising us whatsoever, Grrr Grrrr Grrrr

Scouse_Gits.thumb.jpg.06638318aefdb9e134c3f2853b581d55.jpg

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Is anyone as pissed off as much as me at all the response about the game was concerned about the scouse gits?

EVERYTHING I;ve read in the media is yet again about the medias darlings. How well they played, how they fought, how Sturridge can walk on water. What a bunch of wank!

Not a dickie bird about us fucking up their wins in a row record they were going for or how well we have taken to Sarri.

I know I should be used to it and not really care. Maybe a little jealous I'm not sure. All I know is that its really pissed me off.

Meh, I ignore the press on that type of shite, I just hope they crash out of the CL earlier than the final and also Shitty and us finish above them. I cannot see them finishing under Spuds or the Goonas, but who knows, it is a long season.

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Meh, I ignore the press on that type of shite, I just hope they crash out of the CL earlier than the final and also Shitty and us finish above them. I cannot see them finishing under Spuds or the Goonas, but who knows, it is a long season.

With Salah not playing up to scratch they SHOULD have enough fire power to cover for him. I know that we would benefit from a couple of them. But lets hope they do a Spuds freeze and do it early!

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I know mate, which is why I haven't heard or read anything about the game.

When Sturridges floater drifted in, it felt like a loss, so it was predictable the media and their red wankfest would go into overdrive.

Still funny now listening to them big up the Mourinho/Pogba soap opera drama, it's stuff like that they really love and earns them their bonuses

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

With Salah not playing up to scratch they SHOULD have enough fire power to cover for him. I know that we would benefit from a couple of them. But lets hope they do a Spuds freeze and do it early!

I forgot Manure, almost zero chance they finish under them, unless ZZ comes in and Woodward and the board backs him with a wild January spree (surely they WILL go one one in summer if ZZ is hired).

Marquinhos or Matthijs de Ligt or José Giménez or Milan Skriniar or Dayot Upamecano or Benjamin Pavard at CB (same as Shitty targets with Milan Skriniar added in, as I do not think he is a Pep-type CB)  or maybe even (eeek) Varane

Bale or Willian (maybe, not sure if ZZ is a fan) or Pulisic or Bailey or Wilfried Zaha at RW maybe even try and pull (like Shitty is) Mbappe

Maybe try and snag another RB (although Dalot, their 19yo, looks to be the real deal)

LB they probably roll with Shaw still, but they have no true b/u other than the ageing Young

Make a stab at Hazard (noooooooooooooooooooooo!)

and  at CMF and/or AMF try and pull one or two out of SMS or Rabiot or Frenkie de Jong or Isco or Thiago or Marco Verratti or Miralem Pjanic or Nabil Fekir or (dog forbid!!!!) Kante (we would be INSANE to sell him to another EPL team)

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I know mate, which is why I haven't heard or read anything about the game.

When Sturridges floater drifted in, it felt like a loss, so it was predictable the media and their red wankfest would go into overdrive.

Still funny now listening to them big up the Mourinho/Pogba soap opera drama, it's stuff like that they really love and earns them their bonuses

Its weird tho mate - Dunno about you but even after all these years it grinds on me!

i'm sure it must be some character flaw but  the red mist appears lol

Theres always been some wanky team the media kiss their arses (never was us tho even when we swept everyone away apart from a short time Mou year 1 and Conte year 1) and the Scousers are normally one of them. And now add Shitty to them.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Its weird tho mate - Dunno about you but even after all these years it grinds on me!

i'm sure it must be some character flaw but  the red mist appears lol

Theres always been some wanky team the media kiss their arses (never was us tho even when we swept everyone away apart from a short time Mou year 1 and Conte year 1) and the Scousers are normally one of them. And now add Shitty to them.

It's because they still look at us as some nouveau riche artificially made team, and all done by RUSSIAN to boot. Even though Roman's big net spending stopped after the 2nd year (2004-5 was his last big net spending year) and even though Shitty literally are a foreign owned HUGE spending 'artificial' team (dwarfing us in the last several years alone) and the same for Manure (albeit with a far more legit history of huge sucess than Shitty.)

There is an insane amount of anti-Russian bias in the government and the media, so they are always now going to take shots due to Roman and his relationship with public enemy number one. the Emmanuel Goldsteinian figure Putin.

emmanuel-goldstein-66566bb2-8351-4064-92

Plus, we are West London, the poshest area of the country, so they are always going to root for the 'little guys' from the midlands, Merseyside, north, etc.

Finally, NEVER underestimate the victim card the fucking scousers play for decades and the lapdog press falling for it every time.

The whole lot can sod the fuck off.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

It's because they still look at us as some nouveau riche artificially made team, and all done by RUSSIAN to boot. Even though Roman's big net spending stopped after the 2nd year (2004-5 was his last big net spending year) and even though Shitty literally are a foreign owned HUGE spending 'artificial' team (dwarfing us in the last several years alone) and the same for Manure (albeit with a far more legit history of huge sucess than Shitty.)

There is an insane amount of anti-Russian bias in the government and the media, so they are always now going to take shots due to Roman and his relationship with public enemy number one. the Emmanuel Goldsteinian figure Putin.

emmanuel-goldstein-66566bb2-8351-4064-92

Plus, we are West London, the poshest area of the country, so they are always going to root for the 'little guys' from the midlands, Merseyside, north, etc.

Finally, NEVER underestimate the victim card the fucking scousers play for decades and the lapdog press falling for it every time.

The whole lot can sod the fuck off.

Sadly I agree with all you say again. Its a misguided jealousy,class association and distinction. Add that to like you said the anti communist undertones - which of course only came in with Roman. whereas before we were only really hated for the false ultra right wing policy of some of the lads.

The media as I see will always find something to label us for and put us in some pigeonhole.i No matter how amazing we may get on the pitch those stories last till tomorrows papers come out.

All this used to be like water off a ducks back and I used to quite enjoy the 'us against the world' it but it just seems to piss me off more now.

30 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

At least we got called 'A Quality Opponent'

If you listened to the media the difference between both team was about 15 points before KO, that's how mind boggling they are.

What finished up was probably a fair result, but if people think we won't challenge or at least get at teams they are mistaken. This is where huge credit has to go to Sarri, he's been in charge a few months, the team is playing probably the best football for years and and he's hardly bedded in as yet, there is miles more to come.

We are a bit too reliant on Hazard for my liking, these two strikers are not the answer in terms of prolific goals. Giroud over Morata all day long for me but that doesn't solve the goals we need from that position. If I was Sarri I would be into the ribs of the board now ready for January/Summer and use exactly what I have said as an example. If I was put on the spot I'd have to choose Icardi, he would be the one I would love to see lead our line- He's dynamic, he's different, he works like a dog, he's got an edge and he's a brilliant finisher. We need to tie down a deal for Kovacic, that is an absolute must, he's exactly the type and profile we need from a midfield player, he's been outstanding so far.

There are so many positives already this season, things are just getting started.

KTBFFH.

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If you listened to the media the difference between both team was about 15 points before KO, that's how mind boggling they are.

What finished up was probably a fair result, but if people think we won't challenge or at least get at teams they are mistaken. This is where huge credit has to go to Sarri, he's been in charge a few months, the team is playing probably the best football for years and and he's hardly bedded in as yet, there is miles more to come.

We are a bit too reliant on Hazard for my liking, these two strikers are not the answer in terms of prolific goals. Giroud over Morata all day long for me but that doesn't solve the goals we need from that position. If I was Sarri I would be into the ribs of the board now ready for January/Summer and use exactly what I have said as an example. If I was put on the spot I'd have to choose Icardi, he would be the one I would love to see lead our line- He's dynamic, he's different, he works like a dog, he's got an edge and he's a brilliant finisher. We need to tie down a deal for Kovacic, that is an absolute must, he's exactly the type and profile we need from a midfield player, he's been outstanding so far.

There are so many positives already this season, things are just getting started.

KTBFFH.

Blimey! Ive only read 2 posts so far and both yours and completely agree 100% with both!