Vesper

I think Firpo is the answer long term and now at LB for us, as I am starting to think Emerson may not recover back to pre-injury Roma level. Alonso, obviously, is not the long term answer, and whilst he has some unique qualities, he is simply too slow and a defensive liability, especially in the all out pressing Sarriball system.. Firpo is an amazing athlete, big (1.84m) pacey as fuck, technically skilled (spanish upbringing), good passer/crosser, loads of stamina. Shitty are ALL over him, but we can offer a starting position, especially if we are smart (asking a lot!, lol) and sell Alonso for £50m plus to Real. At Manc City, he is stuck behind Benjamin Mendy, one of only 6 LB's 28 and under I rate above him in the world (it is actually 8 in total LB's above him atm,, but Marcelo and Jordi Alba are too old to buy and far too expensive anyway.) 

He has a £54m release clause, which would be covered by an Alonso sale to RM (or mostly covered), plus Real Betis is cash-strapped and might negotiate a bit.

My LB target ratings (many are NOT remotely available, and again, I do not list Marcelo and Alba,as they are too old to buy, I would put Marcelo right under Alex Sandro atm, and Jordi under Mendy, if it was a fantasy one year NOW team I was constructing)

David Alaba

Lucas Hernandez

Alex Sandro (after this next summer, and maybe even now, too old to justify £70m that Juve want) 

Benjamin Mendy

Jose Gaya (100m euro release clause so nope,ain't happening, Valecia are firm, they turned down 60m euro offer from Real Madrid, and then raised his release clause to 100m on new contract)

Ryan Sessegnon  (Fulham want around £80m or more, so no way we drop that type of money)

Junior Firpo (he could move above even some here, for sure Alex Sandro in a couple years, as Sandro only has a season and half after thsi one at sub 30yo)

Emerson (only if pre-injury Roma level)

Alex Telles (off the table, new 5 year contract with 75m euro release clause)

Alejandro Grimaldo (my 2nd best realistic option, after Firpo)

Wendell (Bayer Leverkusen)

Faouzi Ghoulam (its Napoli, its never gonna happen, plus he is soon 28)

Raphaël Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund)

Layvin Kurzawa (PSG)

Dalbert (Inter Milan)

Héctor Junior Firpo Adamés (born 22 August 1996), simply known as Junior, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Real Betis. Mainly a left back, he can also play as a left winger or a central defender.

Born in Santo Domingo, Junior moved to Benalmádena, Málaga, Andalusia at the age of six and joined Real Betis' youth setup in June 2014, aged 18, from CD Puerto Malagueño. He made his senior debut with the reserves on 15 February 2015, starting in a 1–1 home draw against Granada CF B for the Segunda División B championship.

Definitely promoted to the B-side ahead of the 2015–16 season, Junior appeared regularly during the season, which ended in relegation. On 17 April 2016 he scored his first senior goal, netting the third in a 4–0 away routing of Algeciras CF.

On 1 August 2017, after spending the whole pre-season with the main squad, Junior renewed his contract until 2021 He made his first team – and La Liga – debut the following 12 February, starting in a 1–0 away defeat of Deportivo de La Coruña, becoming the first Dominican Republic-born player who have ever featured in La Liga.

Junior scored his first professional on 17 March 2018, netting the first in a 3–0 home win against RCD Espanyol. On 19 August, after being definitely promoted to the main squad, he agreed to a contract extension until 2023.

Born in the Dominican Republic and having spent most of his life in Spain, Junior holds citizenship of both countries. (so doesn't count as a non EU player)

https://www.instagram.com/juniorfirpo3/?hl=en

https://twitter.com/JuniorFirpo03

bfe136592a53e10f2570dac787aaaa99.pngda1af148109e784a18ea9685b310d301.png

42909362f0b5701e166ea67bff1a9bb4.pngbe774bc048a8e864d070f2ffb5b903ff.png1b6ced6a91281a9a9d12f7806881920b.png

Man City weigh up January move for Real Betis sensation Junior Firpo
https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-city-weigh-up-january-move-for-real-betis-sensation-junior-firpo-4247605#3tDZiGDBLewQrvOx.99

Manchester City 'want Real Betis defender Junior Firpo in £54m deal'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-city/transfer-talk/news/city-want-betis-defender-in-54m-deal_334991.html

Image result for Junior FirpoImage result for Junior FirpoImage result for Junior FirpoImage result for Junior Firpo

Benjamin Mendy: Guardiola excludes Manchester City star from first team, Pep is losing patience with the star’s off field antics

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/09/30/guardiola-excludes-manchester-city-star-from-first-team-pep-is-losing-patience-with-the-stars-off-field-antics/

It has been revealed that Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has excluded superstar Benjamin Mendy from the first team after losing patience with the star’s ongoing antics off the pitch.

It was revealed that the left-back was nearly three hours late for a recovery session on his metatarsal injury last Sunday which led to the defender being excluded from the first team for a week according to report published by Goal.com.

The report also revealed that this wasn’t the first time Mendy was late, the full-back was fined for being late to training ahead of City’s Premier League opener against Arsenal.

Mendy also hit the headlines at the start of this month when the defender was given a one-year driving ban after failing to provide the police with information on who was speeding in his car.

Guardiola gave his thoughts on the defender being late at his pre-match press conference a couple of days ago telling the Independent:

“The players should be here and he knows it. I spoke with him,”

“He was injured six seven months last season,” said Guardiola. “Now he’s injured again. Every day he’s having treatment. I’m not a physio.

“He arrived late, that happens sometimes, in the last period a lot have arrived late because of the traffic. Manchester is under construction, the players arrive late. They have to drop their kids at school.

The 24-year-old certainly needs to get his act together if he wishes to remain at City in the future, there could come a time when City’s hierarchy deem that the star isn’t worth the off-field drama that seems to follow him around like a bad smell.

Mendy’s presence on social media is telling of how serious the situation is at City, the former Monaco man hasn’t posted to any of his social media accounts in a week now and he last uploaded the picture of himself at the Joshua fight which seemed to have pushed Guardiola over the edge.

It has been a whirlwind year for Mendy since he joined City.

From spending most of last season injured to lifting the World Cup with France at this summer’s World Cup in Russia and then establishing himself as one of the Premier League’s best full backs with his performances at the start of this season.

Just as Mendy started to make a name for himself for his performances on the pitch rather than his exploits on social media it seems the Frenchman is now in hot water once again.

snip

THIS really makes it far more likely Shitty moves for Firpo soon.:(

On 9/24/2018 at 10:37 PM, Vesper said:

I think Firpo is the answer long term and now at LB for us

Lots of good info. Ta Mrs. He does look the bizz.

Wonder whats going on with Mendy. Really thought he would be good. But he does have 5 assists so far this year

Benjamin_Mendy_Football_Statistics_WhoScored.com_-_2018-10-03_12_21_10.thumb.png.b11fdd7c168d7392d1673afedb2d8359.png

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Lots of good info. Ta Mrs. He does look the bizz.

Wonder whats going on with Mendy. Really thought he would be good. But he does have 5 assists so far this year

Benjamin_Mendy_Football_Statistics_WhoScored.com_-_2018-10-03_12_21_10.thumb.png.b11fdd7c168d7392d1673afedb2d8359.png

He is great player, but he apperently has a lot of off field issues. Pep doesn't tolerate bullshit much. If they do buy Firpo, Mendy may be soon out. Would you take a risk with him? I lean towards yes, as he is miles beyond Alonso in terms of being a two-way LB. We would have to be sure though, maybe put some behavioural clauses into his contract.

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is great player, but he apperently has a lot of off field issues. Pep doesn't tolerate bullshit much. If they do buy Firpo, Mendy may be soon out. Would you take a risk with him? I lean towards yes, as he is miles beyond Alonso in terms of being a two-way LB. We would have to be sure though, maybe put some behavioural clauses into his contract.

Sarri seems to be a nice chap. One who likes characters. Might be what Mendy needs.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Sarri seems to be a nice chap. One who likes characters. Might be what Mendy needs.

He seems like a much more talented version of Serge Aurier. They are both French fullbacks too. Mendy would be a dream upgrade at LB if Shitty did cut him loose and he behaved himself here. I can't see Pep giving him up yet though. A Firpo buy would be a huge signal. Even Shitty wouldn't drop £54m on a LB if he wasn't going to be a starter.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Júnior Firpo owned Sergi Roberto for the entirety of the game at the Camp Nou

https://everythingbarca.com/2018/11/12/barcelona-junior-firpo-potential-target/amp/

Landing highly-rated Junior Firpo would push Nacho Monreal closer to Arsenal exit

https://tbrfootball.com/landing-highly-rated-junior-firpo-would-push-nacho-monreal-closer-to-arsenal-exit/

The Arsenal points in red the name of Junior

https://eldesmarque.com/sevilla/real-betis/1128340-el-arsenal-apunta-en-rojo-el-nombre-de-junior

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

There are so many good available LBs out there like Grimaldo, Telles, Firpo, even Chilwell,...literaly no excuse for the board not to pick one in the near future.

But we have Alonso.. Only player in the PL that won't get rotated during christmas period :(:D

On 06/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, the wes said:

Interesting reading I like this kid some big club is going to snap him up 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11572455/who-is-junior-firpo-the-arsenal-and-manchester-city-target

He is the real deal, I have watched him play now over 15 times, against good teams, including in Europe. He is miles beyond Alonso in athletic ability, plus has great football intelligence. I REALLY am starting to question Sarri's talent eye (when he said Alonso is close to best LB in Europe). Either that or he is just lying to make Alonso and the fans feel better, in which case he can fuck right off now. If Firpo ends up at Arse, Manure, or the Yids I am going to lose my mind.:rant:

Should be buying someone like this, along with another CB, a new striker and another attacker for RW or whatever. Four Excellent players would make us a real threat again --but that CF position is always a tricky one for Chelsea to fill after Didier <sob>.

The rest will be depth from our young players and probably keeping Pedro as a backup (selling Willian, that is).

• 2 months later...

He is injured yet again (re-injury of thigh muscle). Out another month or so. His health is scaring off Real and Shitty.

I think he needs to show he can remain consistently healthy before anyone planks down £45m. A true shame because when he is healthy he is a superb weapon. Would take him over Chilwell in a heartbeat if he can stay uninjured. 

• 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Off to Barcelona for 15m. 

Firpo, Griezmann, De Jong and maybe Neymar in one window lol

FUCKKKKK

I does look like 25m euros though, but still, a steal

Acuerdo Barça-Betis por Junior

Solo faltan los flecos con el jugador, que hoy podría pasar revisión médica en Barcelona

En el club azulgrana hay satisfacción al haber rebajado las pretensiones del club verdiblanco, que pedía 25 millones, y el traspaso estará en 18+7 a falta de confirmación

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20190803/463828095643/acuerdo-barca-betis-por-junior.html

English site

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/08/03/medical-today-barcelona-agree-deal-for-e25m-rated-target-as-signing-imminent/

Barcelona have reportedly reached an agreement with Real Betis for the signing of Junior Firpo, and he could even undergo his medical on Saturday.

The Catalan giants needed to address the left-back position this summer as they have relied heavily on Jordi Alba in recent seasons with no quality depth or competition for places.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You