David Neres

the wes

11 hours ago, Vincent said:

Neres comes no where near what Chelsea should be aiming for. He had some decent games in the Champions League, but doesn't have the best ball control, pass or shot, no physique whatsoever just good pace and alright skills. 

I hear he was very deadly finisher last season, good passer, tracks back. I liked him in CL this season.

Compared to Berhwijn, he is more skilled, works harder and more of a team player.

Bergwijn is very physical and more efficient though, might fit PL better.

Neres is patient, possesion based player. He draws players on himself to release space for team mates. Bergwijn on the other hand is counter football winger. Dribbles directly at players, with bursts of pace, skill and strength. 

I hope my assessment was correct?

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

If he was that bad in possession, he would be complete liability in Juve and Real games. 

IMO he isnt best out there, but still very special player. 

He has technique and work rate that is crucial in PL. 

I dont think he is bad in possession. He just tends to dribble through the middle and this will be tough in the EPL.

But i need to say that i dont agree with the comparison people are making with Zyech. Neres is 22. At age of 22 Zyech was playing for Twente. He is 26 now. I suspect that system making him look better. I would rather to test the luck with younger players. It doesn't need to be Neres but someone with that profile.

7 hours ago, Arlen Correa said:

I dont think he is bad in possession. He just tends to dribble through the middle and this will be tough in the EPL.

But i need to say that i dont agree with the comparison people are making with Zyech. Neres is 22. At age of 22 Zyech was playing for Twente. He is 26 now. I suspect that system making him look better. I would rather to test the luck with younger players. It doesn't need to be Neres but someone with that profile.

Ziyech is good player but he isnt young anymore and I dont feel he has mentality to be up there with the best. Reminds me of Depay as a character. Big fish in small pound. 

It could always work though. Football is unpredictable. Id personaly go for Neres.

Younger, more pace and hard to be stopped without foul. He isnt buffed like Bergwijn, but if he can work on it, no problem. Bernardo Silva or Coutinho are tiny, yet they had no difficulty with PL after some adjustment. Neres works hard which is very important here.

Absolutely not. He's already 22 and showed himself repeatedly as the worst of Ajax's starters IMO. Does NOT know what to with the ball in and around the box and I bet that does not change.

Would be another Willian: good dribbler, retains ball, produces nothing great with possession against strong sides but MIGHT against weaker opponents. Waste of money and time.

On 19-5-2019 at 2:10 AM, BlueLyon said:

I hear he was very deadly finisher last season, good passer, tracks back. I liked him in CL this season.

Compared to Berhwijn, he is more skilled, works harder and more of a team player.

Bergwijn is very physical and more efficient though, might fit PL better.

Neres is patient, possesion based player. He draws players on himself to release space for team mates. Bergwijn on the other hand is counter football winger. Dribbles directly at players, with bursts of pace, skill and strength. 

I hope my assessment was correct?

Yes, he was surprisingly doing quite well in the Champions League, but you cannot rate him based on those few games. Even a broken clock is right two times a day, right? I rate Bergwijn's potential wise higher than Neres. 

On 20-5-2019 at 6:24 AM, quickpassnmove said:

Absolutely not. He's already 22 and showed himself repeatedly as the worst of Ajax's starters IMO. Does NOT know what to with the ball in and around the box and I bet that does not change.

Would be another Willian: good dribbler, retains ball, produces nothing great with possession against strong sides but MIGHT against weaker opponents. Waste of money and time.

Oh, i rate Willian much higher than Neres' potential. I think Neres could be useful in a team fighting against relegation with a lot of space behind the opponents defense, mostly because of his speed. I would rather compare him as a mixture between Cuadrado and Kalou. 

On 20/05/2019 at 1:24 AM, quickpassnmove said:

He is not similar to William. I think many people dont know the player and are just making things up. I suspect many here only watched the player the last games when he was through injury. David Neres was Ajax top scorer last season when he played the entire season in his position. Last window his agent tried to sell him, the deal failed in the last day and he was benched by the new coach part of the season or played in other positions.

He played 70 games for Ajax so far, many times coming from the bench with 25 goals and 22 assists. He is not a wide striker but playing in his position he tends to have a good end product.

He is involved in goal/assist in almost every big game there. Its exactly the contrary of what you said. The criticism on him is that he play well against PSV or Madrid then will be lazy against weak opposition in the league.

Don't get me wrong i would not sign him. I suspect that Ajax system was making all those players look good. 

1 hour ago, Arlen Correa said:

He is not similar to William. I think many people dont know the player and are just making things up. I suspect many here only watched the player the last games when he was through injury. David Neres was Ajax top scorer last season when he played the entire season in his position. Last window his agent tried to sell him, the deal failed in the last day and he was benched by the new coach part of the season or played in other positions.

He played 70 games for Ajax so far, many times coming from the bench with 25 goals and 22 assists. He is not a wide striker but playing in his position he tends to have a good end product.

He is involved in goal/assist in almost every big game there. Its exactly the contrary of what you said. The criticism on him is that he play well against PSV or Madrid then will be lazy against weak opposition in the league.

Don't get me wrong i would not sign him. I suspect that Ajax system was making all those players look good. 

d8432ca72f0a462bd24815f59ed69cdf.pngc4b7b7f0e7f5fb1e5258ffe103047b39.pngf110edd9bdfd34844379b679950f0ed8.png

26 minutes ago, Arlen Correa said:

What you see in those stats, Vesper?

A lot of assists coming from being on a high scoring team, fairly good goal scoring ability, but mostly in a shit league, and a regression from 2017-18 there, even if the minutes are adjusted upward (and he was on a far better team this past season) His production falls when he is playing better competition.

I think he has talent, but he is a gamble

Nicolas Pepe, another inverted left-footed RWer (Neres does play both sides) is miles beyond and has been my number one realistic winger target since autumn.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

A lot of assists coming from being on a high scoring team, fairly good goal scoring ability, but mostly in a shit league, and a regression from 2017-18 there, even if the minutes are adjusted upward (and he was on a far better team this past season) His production falls when he is playing better competition.

I think he has talent, but he is a gamble

Nicolas Pepe, another inverted left-footed RWer (Neres does play both sides) is miles beyond and has been my number one realistic winger target since autumn.

I disagree. 2017/18 he was coming from Ajax B. He played only 87 minutes in european competitions. He is playing in a weak league but you only can score against the opposition you have in front of you. Also majority of best players come from weak leagues. In these two seasons he got goals/ assists against all the big adversaries there. In 2018/19 he scored against Madrid and Juventus. Those were his big games this season. In two legs against Madrid he scored in 1. In two legs against Juventus he scored in 1. Its not bad. Reports here are that he played through injury firsr leg against Tottenham and he was out second leg. If you pick only the big games he had in his career his performances were very good.  I probably watched majority.

Also i dont think he is some kind of super talent that we should talk too much about him. I just like the player because he is generous with the public trying to do some beautiful moves. I watched him since the U-20. I'm a fan of those little players.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Arlen Correa said:

Changed my opinion watching him in the nt.. Dont want him anymore. Everton is playing in the local league and is 200% better than him. I bet there are other players in smaller european leagues cheaper and with same level as Neres.

I dont want to say that he is great or not, but I would never rate the players from their national team performances. There were so many players that exploded at world cups, euros, copas,...and then failed completely.

For me its all about club football and their performances there. Have a strong season or two and then you can evaluate them. 

On 25/06/2019 at 0:07 AM, Arlen Correa said:

Everton is playing in the local league and is 200% better than him. I bet there are other players in smaller european leagues cheaper and with same level as Neres.

Cebolinha FTW

all day over Neres

Image result for Chives1a7ebe0d704d91e1b98d59e7c408e466.png

Grêmio produces players who often play well in Europe

also

another great young winger who is under the radar is

Donyell Malen from PSV, a 20yo who scored 10 goals and had 5 assists in only 962 minutes in the top flight Eredivisie, plus scored in only 14 minutes in his first CL game

Arsenal stupidly sold him 2 years ago

ba2a8fb75c36280434bf2e6e790c7a39.png

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Cebolinha FTW

all day over Neres

Image result for Chives1a7ebe0d704d91e1b98d59e7c408e466.png

Grêmio produces players who often play well in Europe

also

another great young winger who is under the radar is

Donyell Malen from PSV, a 20yo who scored 10 goals and had 5 assists in only 962 minutes in the top flight Eredivisie, plus scored in only 14 minutes in his first CL game

Arsenal stupidly sold him 2 years ago

ba2a8fb75c36280434bf2e6e790c7a39.png

Cebolinha:D I grew up reading those hqs.

Gremio produces very good players. They tend to only play the youth when they are 21yo but at least they are well developed in general. They have two new midfielders that are playing very well in the Libertadores and i think we should follow: Jean Pyerre and Matheus Henrique.

I do not follow PSV but based in some videos i watched Donyell Malen apparently can play in both wings and really can cross a football.

• 4 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You