• Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

we simply waste too many chances, the game in Europa was evident, if we had proper finishers we wouldnt be complaining right now.

That's it! We had chance after chance but not capable of making anything from it.. January be pricey but if someone is out there and worth it... Why not mean paid over the odds for Morata and he's been crap Soooo 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I've been saying this too, he's lost in advanced midfield, might as well not play him, he needs to play in his accustomed defensive MF

I agree, BUT here is the huge problem

Sarriball doesn't use a DMF destroyer role at all, the other 2 MF'ers (Jorginho si the DMF deep holding player, think Busquets style at Barca) BOTH need to play advanced roles

Kante is a victim of the system

I got SMASHED for saying this before, but he just seems a fish outta water in his new role, for the most part

We have committed to the new system 1000000000000%

I do not know where that leaves Kante

He may become £125m luxury player who is force-fitted into a role that doesn't suit him at all

Like I said 100 times before, we have a CRAZILY complicated team situ from every angle (ownership/political nightmares, stadium crashout  meaning huge revenue drop future-forward, upcoming FIFA loan changes, Brexit rule rewrite on foreign players, deadwood, poor starters at key positions, critical positions, etc)

Just now, cosmicway said:

I knew they were going to park the bus and they also missed the chance of the season.
We don't have a striker and I thought Morata stayed in Salonica.

Costa would have scored today, i put my money on it

Just now, milan.cech said:

Still cannot understand how Willian missed in the dying minutes. Fuck me, he almost hit the corner flag when being like 3 metres from the goal.

I don't think that could go in so easy but he could have done something better.
Kante missed our chance of the match.

16 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Still cannot understand how Willian missed in the dying minutes. Fuck me, he almost hit the corner flag when being like 3 metres from the goal.

because he isn't good enough, we were insane to not take Barca's £65m for him and at least bought Malcom (they only paid £37m for him) or better yet, Bailey (do not care if he would have cost £70m to ram it through, that's only £5m more net spend, and I think £65m would have done the deal)

we need to finish our chances, its in games like these with shit park the bus teams that we need to make the most of our chances, they will keep setting up like this against us all season when they face us and we need to unlock them, no excuses. My dream scenario right now is West Ham, Newcastle and Palace going down

This is why you need world class striker.

Hazard had off game and Willian put his usual "I dont know what to do with the ball" performance. 

Having striker with good linkup is nice, but we realy need quality finisher to score that one chance in game and save our ass. 

If it was someone reliable instead of Morata in that chance 1v1, we would of won the game.

Willian is just a headless chicken. Hazard had a game off, but it happens here and there. Willian was acting like midfielder, only without passes and physical presence. We needed something different (read: Pedro). Kovačić wasn't good either (can't really figure out why), but Willian was our main problem. Giroud was awful too.

Kante avoids a lot of criticism because he "isn't playing at his position". It's not like he is playing as striker... When did Kante actually play that position? Drinkwater and Matić were both closer to defense than he was. Kante is not Makelele. I think people expect too much of him. He needs to be to Jorginho what Vidal was to Xabi Alonso in Bayern, or what would now be to Busquets. Why isn't Vidal DMF? Why was Verratti DMF and Matuidi was b2b? Matuidi is something closest to Kante. You always have one destroyer and one tactically smart player a little behind him, that's all normal. I'll overexaggerate now: it's like saying, Moses isn't good at wing because he isn't playing his real position.

Greedy. He should have passed without a second thought

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

Willian is just an headless chicken. Hazard had a game off, but it happens here and there. Willian was acting like midfielder, only without passes and physical presence. We needed something different (read: Pedro). Kovačić wasn't good either (can't really figure out why), but Willian was our main problem. Giroud was awful too.

Kante avoids a lot of criticism because he "isn't playing at his position". It's not like he is playing as striker... When did Kante actually play that position? Drinkwater and Matić were both closer to defense than he was. Kante is not Makelele. I think people expect too much of him. He needs to be to Jorginho what Vidal was to Xabi Alonso in Bayern, or what would now be to Busquets. Why isn't Vidal DMF? Why was Verratti DMF and Matuidi was b2b? Matuidi is something closest to Kante. You always have one destroyer and one tactically smart player a little behind him, that's all normal.

Kova was tired and had a slight knock before game, our strikers got SHIT service, i cannot really blame either

Luiz played oki, so not tossing him under bus at all

Eden had a horrid game, but shit happens, we need to overcome this, we certainly have the talent

Our MF, other than Barkley was shit today, and inSarriball, MFis so so key

Willian was HORRID, worst player on pitch

he is NOT a good fit AT ALL for Sarriball (unlike Pedro)

also, Azpi was terribly disappointing offensively (this is a real concern with me overall, but he IS capable) Staggered he didn't use (or even try) his Morata linking via crossing normal SOP, they usually hook up quite well

almost no crosses of any worth

same for Alonso

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

This is why you need world class striker.

Hazard had off game and Willian put his usual "I dont know what to do with the ball" performance. 

Having striker with good linkup is nice, but we realy need quality finisher to score that one chance in game and save our ass. 

If it was someone reliable instead of Morata in that chance 1v1, we would of won the game.

talk to the board, icardi was there on a platter for only £98m from July 1 to July 15, 2018.

Subtract out £55m or so from a Morata sale, there is the number one pure 9 in the world on the team for only 43m quid or so, net spend

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

talk to the board, icardi was there on a platter for only £98m from July 1 to July 15, 2018.

Subtract out £55m or so from a Morata sale, there is the number one pure 9 in the world on the team for only 43m quid or so, net spend

icardi touches 2 balls in a whole match. he is not a complete number 9. higuain is a complete n 9 and sarri wanted him 

Forgot to mention - Alonso is one big problem too. We all know what Azpi brings to squad, all of his defensive and leader qualities and if he can chip in with some attacking quality here and there it's even better. But Alonso offers nothing when he doesn't score.

4 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

icardi touches 2 balls in a whole match. he is not a complete number 9. higuain is a complete n 9 and sarri wanted him 

Lolol. You must not watch much Serie A. Icardi is miles beyond Higs at this point. And we are a far better providing team than Inter. Higuain is too old and on the decline AND we got pwned by Juve/Milan. Juve wanted Bonucci back and Higs off their books. AC Milan wanted a striker AND Caldara. They both used us like a rag. Morata to Milan being the victim.