• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Well lets be honest about this game. We huffed and puffed but really created sod all until near the end. The best chance of the game came to West Ham via yarmelenco. We play nice attractive football, but the end product just isn't there yet. No killer instinct. Giroud was given no service, Hazard had a very off day, marked tightly and poor decisions in the box. The guy needs to be more ruthless. He was too eager for Morata to score and thats where he needs to think again. Morata is getting paid enough to make his own chances, although he was unlucky when he came on. Barkey too played well when he came on. But lets all be honest we didn't create enough and although we had the lions share of possession we were limited to half chances and could have easily lost this had West Ham taken their chances

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I guess these kinds of games can happen. The players like Jorginho and Hazard were too rushed trying to do something in the 2nd half. Led to sloppy passes and giveaways.

And Rudiger injury ruined things.

I bet Sarri wanted to bring on Fabregas for Kante who was not influencing this game.

Cesc could have really helped in the latter stages of this game

Extraordinarily poor player/bench/sub management by Sarri, and it has set us up for big trouble dead ahead. had nothing to do with Luiz even, lolol.

Our MF is burnt out already, Alonso looked gassed.

NO CLUE why Cesc wasn't used, same for Barkley (should have started)

Hell, I would have not minded giving Moses a go at RW (as Pedro was out)

Moses ALWAYS brings energy at least, Willian was shit, is shit, will be shit

Jorginho should have been rested, and put Kante back at his normal (old) DMF destroyer role

Play wide ball, feeding Giroud with 20 crosses

This game is the PERFECT example of all my rantings about transfers, sales, and bench decisions (add in starting issues too, today)

I do NOT type for my health, I have clear foresight on this shit

I picked Kepa as MOTM, as at least we kept a clean sheet and he had a decent game, a few crucial saves. Barkley 2nd (would have easily been MOTM IF his shot had gone in)

Someone picked JORGINHO

NO CLUE what game they just watched!!  LOL Easily his worst showing since joining.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't know why people are having a go at Jorginho. He was one of the only players who looked like making anything happen. All of the attacking players were poor. 

I am so baffled. He was our best player. He created so many chances but the finishing was poor. He was constantly dictating play. Kante, Hazard and Willian I am most disappointed by. I might sound harsh but generally think while Kante is a top player he is slightly overrated and is not as effective as he should be in our team. This is not just a knee-jerk reaction. This is me watching several games this season. Does his job but can do more. For instance he had a lot better game than Kante today but people seem to slam Jorginho and not Kante who was a total passenger. Hazard had a poor game but hopefully that is a one-off. Other than that he has been top class this season.

A shame as that was a chance to go 8 points clear of United and keep level with Liverpool . Next week is going to be a true test of our character as this is our biggest test.

5 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This shit show is all on Sarri. We should never have played any of our first team players against Paok

And if we lost to PAOK that too would have been on Sarri. And no doubt had we lost that you'd have called it a shit show too.

Just now, Stats said:

I am so baffled. He was our best player. He created so many chances but the finishing was poor. He was constantly dictating play. Kante, Hazard and Willian I am most disappointed by. I might sound harsh but generally think while Kante is a top player he is slightly overrated and is not as effective as he should be in our team. This is not just a knee-jerk reaction. This is me watching several games this season. Does his job but can do more. For instance he had a lot better game than Kante today but people seem to slam Jorginho and not Kante who was a total passenger. Hazard had a poor game but hopefully that is a one-off. Other than that he has been top class this season.

A shame as that was a chance to go 8 points clear of United and keep level with Liverpool . Next week is going to be a true test of our character as this is our biggest test.

Full stop disagree mate, he was horrid today, sorry, and I am one of his biggest FANS, in fact, I almost changed out favourite player from AC to Jorgi, as AC is getting the Luiz/Conte treatment (almost)

2 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

And if we lost to PAOK that too would have been on Sarri. And no doubt had we lost that you'd have called it a shit show too.

I don't care about the Europa league. Play the youth team for all I care. I just want us to win the league 

3 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

I would have MUCH preferred a complete swap out team draw/loss v PAOK (it was AWAY as well) and this game a pikey face-smash blowout.

We could have easily overcome a PAOK draw or loss away and moved on in the EL. 2 points in EPL are PRECIOUS given the state of our competitors.

i hear people complain about low rotation on EL: yes it is right but Sarri said his motivation is because players need play much together in this season's beginning for knowledge his tactics. They have only 5-6 players on legs, not 30-40!
The problem was easily the slow ball movement and low movement from players without ball.
Hazard was going on confusion, but the reality is that on attack the others players are only a good players, nothing special (Willian, morata, giroud but also pedro also he is good in sarri's system).
A part some good goal sometimes, they are prevedibles and slow the action, that's enough to see the game against paok or today,  paok is so weak so we have made more shoots but no more than one goal.
If in jenuary united and mourinho want willian we have to sell him as soon as!
together others and take 1-2 great players!
I'm sure that in the last to games we would have played with CHO, it would be much better or at least we would have played!

24 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

Kante is useless in this system,,we need a big, better in long shot, attacking minded midfielder...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I've been saying this too, he's lost in advanced midfield, might as well not play him, he needs to play in his accustomed defensive MF

Hazard was so poor in this game..Made so many wrong choices in the final third...

Some players( Alonso Kante  Willian) are tired due to lack of rotation

Our strikers are getting no service....Wingers are the main culprit..

Azpi was poor...He does not get forward...Does not pass forward

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Full stop disagree mate, he was horrid today, sorry, and I am one of his biggest FANS, in fact, I almost changed out favourite player from AC to Jorgi, as AC is getting the Luiz/Conte treatment (almost)

He made a few misplaced masses, however made most passes on the field. He played like 2/3 excellent lofted balls which none of our attackers took advantage off. Giroud in first half should of buried that chance. Hazard should have made better of the chance Jorginho made for him second half. I can't see how any other of our players bar Rudiger was better than him. Kepa made one decent save but apart from that was not tested.