Kevin Mbabu

Unionjack

Kevin Mbabu

I dont know if anyone watched the Young Boys v Manure game but the lad had a good one. Hes strong as an ox and fast as hell. He left Fred on his arse a couple of times.

Date of Birth: 19.04.1995 (22 years old)

Position: Right Back

Team: BSC Young Boys

Value: 2.250.000 €

Contract Until: 30.06.2020

Height: 1.84 m

Preferred Foot: Right

Melingo Kevin Mbabu was born in Switzerland, as a child of a Congolese mother. He began his career at Servette FC’s youth team. In 2012, he promoted to the senior team and at the same year he made his professional debut at the match against Lausanne-Sport.

In January 2013, Newcastle United signed him for 1M€. From that date, he played 26 games in total with the senior (three of them was Premier League match) and reserve teams. In addition, he was loaned to Scottish-side Glasgow Rangers in February to July 2015, but he couldn’t find a chance to play in that team.

After that, he was loaned to BSC Young Boys in August, 2016. This move has changed his career into a positive way. Following his good performance in first year with the team, YB has completed Mbabu’s transfer in the last summer transfer window. From his first transfer to YB to today, he has played 51 games with 4 goals and 9 assists.

The Swiss player had previously played in the national team’s U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 youth teams and he has no senior team experience yet. But we can say that Mbabu, who has a very consistent and high-quality rival like Michael Lang in front of him, can play in the national team in proportion to his performance in coming years.

Mbabu has been playing mostly as right back in 4-defense formation in Young Boys for two seasons. Even if he played as a right wing back in 3-defense formation in few matches before, we should note that he used to play as right back.

Strengths (Athletic Physique, Challenges, Tackling, Crossing)

Athletic Physique: We can clearly say that his most attracting skill is his athleticism. Mbabu can be effective both in defense and offense thanks to his physics (184 cm and 80 kg), speed, power, agility and dynamism.

Challenges: One of the most important advantages of Mbabu’s athletic physique is the success rate of his challenges. Mbabu has an obvious advantage over his opponents in challenges. He wins 61% of 21 challenges and 71% of 4,4 air challenges per match. With the help of his power and speed, he shows success in challenges. Also with the help of his agility and jumping ability, he does not lose air challenges easily.

Tackling: His another strength in defense is his tackling ability. He can react quickly to opponent wingers’ dribbling attempts. The Swiss player, who has powerful sliding tackles, can also make very effective interceptions. The fact that we should focus on about his tackles that he has very high success rate in his tackles: 4.8 tackle attempts per game with 80% success rate.

Crossing: The young player draws attention with his ability to play and contribute both side of the play. At the most of the games that his team dominates the game and create pressure over opponent, his heat map intensifies on 2nd and 3rd zone of the pitch. As a result of that, he can get opportunity to make offensive actions. For instance, he cross the ball 5 times per match with 30% accuracy. Besides, he tries 2 key passes per game and deliver 60% of them successfully.

Dribbling: His another offensive ability is his dribblings. He has much more powerful dribbling skill than an average right-back. Owing to that, he attempts to dribble 6 times per game and completes 55% of them. So, there is no doubt that Mbabu can strengthen his manager’s hand in offensive actions.

Weaknesses: (Concentration, Positioning, Short Pass Quality)

Concentration: Kevin Mbabu has concentration problem from time to time during the game and this can cause a handicap, especially in defensive side. Depending on this problem, he can be more likely to make mistakes. But we have to mention that when his first times at YB, he had been facing this problem more. So, he has been improving himself about this day by day.

Positioning: As a consequence of his concentration problem, we can testify that sometimes the young footballer can face with difficulty to take position in defense. In positional opponent attacks, especially when an opponent player uses the “half-space” area, he can lose his position and he cannot defend opponent player as how he exactly has to. Besides, in some positions, after he supports to his teams attack, he can get in trouble to turn back in defense, particularly in opponent counter-attacks. But it should be noted that he usually reacts well when it comes to turn back to defense, when the opponent team attempts to make counter-attacks.

Short Pass Quality: The last thing we have to point out that he has to improve his short pass quality. He plays with average 75% of pass accuracy per game. One of the important reasons why his pass accuracy is not higher than 75% that, he sometimes cannot deliver the short passes to his teammates because he cannot adjust the quality of his passes. If he improves the severity, angle and efficiency of his short passes, it will be a positive development for his career progress.

Similar Players: Michael Lang, Kyle Walker

The 22 year-old defender shows similarities with Basel’s right back Michael Lang in terms of the contribution to the both sides of pitch, dominance of the challenges and playing style. Also Mbabu’s dynamism, effectiveness in offensive actions and agility reminds us Manchester City’s successful player Kyle Walker, even if they’re not at the same level.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Kevin Mbabu

I dont know if anyone watched the Young Boys v Manure game but the lad had a good one. Hes strong as an ox and fast as hell. He left Fred on his arse a couple of times.

Weaknesses: (Concentration, Positioning, Short Pass Quality)

Concentration: Kevin Mbabu has concentration problem from time to time during the game and this can cause a handicap, especially in defensive side. Depending on this problem, he can be more likely to make mistakes. But we have to mention that when his first times at YB, he had been facing this problem more. So, he has been improving himself about this day by day.

Positioning: As a consequence of his concentration problem, we can testify that sometimes the young footballer can face with difficulty to take position in defense. In positional opponent attacks, especially when an opponent player uses the “half-space” area, he can lose his position and he cannot defend opponent player as how he exactly has to. Besides, in some positions, after he supports to his teams attack, he can get in trouble to turn back in defense, particularly in opponent counter-attacks. But it should be noted that he usually reacts well when it comes to turn back to defense, when the opponent team attempts to make counter-attacks.

Short Pass Quality: The last thing we have to point out that he has to improve his short pass quality. He plays with average 75% of pass accuracy per game. One of the important reasons why his pass accuracy is not higher than 75% that, he sometimes cannot deliver the short passes to his teammates because he cannot adjust the quality of his passes. If he improves the severity, angle and efficiency of his short passes, it will be a positive development for his career progress.

Similar Players: Michael Lang, Kyle Walker

The 22 year-old defender shows similarities with Basel’s right back Michael Lang in terms of the contribution to the both sides of pitch, dominance of the challenges and playing style. Also Mbabu’s dynamism, effectiveness in offensive actions and agility reminds us Manchester City’s successful player Kyle Walker, even if they’re not at the same level.

Sarri would go BONKERS

Available quality RB's is such a short list

Elseid Hysaj 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/727844/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Elseid-Hysaj-Marcos-Alonso-Paul-Merson-Maurizio-Sarri

Chelsea target Elseid Hysaj has halted negotiations with Napoli amid speculation of a potential January move to Stamford Bridge.

Hysaj has been linked with the Blues for several years and the appointment of ex-Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri over the summer saw that speculation ramp up.

The Albania right-back is under contract in Naples until June 2021 and is currently rated at around £25m but his club are keen to improve those terms.

Hysaj’s agent Mario Giuffredi says discussions with the Serie A giants have been put on hold with Sarri’s Chelsea waiting in the wings.

Djibril Sidibé

Nelson Semedo (he is not playing for Barca, and has had a row with Messi. Obviously I would LOVE Sergi Roberto, who I rate as the 2nd best RB in the world after Kimmich, but we blew that one 2 summer windows ago, and zero chance now Barca coughs Sergi up) 

Wild card

Benjamin Pavard who is a CB (my number one realistic target there), but like Azpi can play RB and CB almost equally as well, I would be over the moon (on multiple levels) if we grabbed him

thats literally it for top quality remotely available RB's (and NONE are easy gets) Only Hysaj and Pavard (more as a CB) really would make me thrilled

there are the 3 Italians

Andrea Conti AC Milan   24yo
Mattia De Sciglio  Juventus FC    (Cancelo has taken his spot)   turns 26 in exactly 1 month
Davide Calabria    AC Milan (only 21)

not sold on any of them as world class, MAYBE Calabria steps up eventually, none are a real improvement over Zappacosta atm. I don't see Roma parting with Alessandro Florenzi,and he is 28 in 5 months, so only around year and half younger than Azpi.

The list of our cockups, fails, no bids, is longer over the past few years (all of these are tailor-made for Sarriball)

Sergi Roberto (already discussed, what a shame we fucked up the deal 2 summers ago)

João Cancelo (the perfect Sarriball RB, Juve swooped in and pulled him)

Álvaro Odriozola (I really wanted him for past 2 years, RM snapped him up this summer, only 22, immense skills)

Sime Vrsaljko (Inter got him on loan with option to buy)

Benjamin Henrichs ( Emenalo swooped in for Monaco and got him for only £18m, he is only 21yo, has huge upside, Bayer Leverkusen I think was foolish to sell him so low and so soon)

Diogo Dalot (Manure grabbed him, huge upside, only 19)

Nordi Mukiele (only 20, huge upside, RB Leipzig stole him for only £14m)

I rate all those as either better than Zappacosta now, or in the near future and we are arsed out on all 7 for years (more than likely)

Azpi turns 30 in 11 months, so we will have 3 or so top years out of him, but I think we can greatly improve on Zappa and start to plan for the future 

This, atm, is one of my least worrying positions (along with GK, and MF, as long as we perma-sign Kovacic), as Zappacosta is far from shit, I just absolutely rate those first 4 as better

I completely forgot about this guy. I remember he made his debut for Newcastle against us in the Premier League and he was excellent. For some reason he couldn't made it at Castle, but it's good to hear that he fulfills his potential.

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

Elseid Hysaj 

I'm all for him and was all that hope/goss about him coming with Sarri as he was the one along with Jorgi he was wanting to bring.

But can you begin to imagine the hoopla the poson dwarf twat would kick up if we even whispered the name of one of Napolis players lol

There was a ll the talk about that new contract with the 'BO CHELSEA' clause but nothings happened yeyt But maybe if WE made a big loud noise telling Hysaj just how much we wanted him he would push for it. Specially is we got agent Jorgi on the job

That is if how I think RM might make a move for Alonso - We could do a swap for Varane eh!

15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

That is if how I think RM might make a move for Alonso - We could do a swap for Varane eh!

I wish!!! Let's say it did happen or we just flat out sold Alonso to them.

Bad news now. I just was digging around and José Gayà's new release clause was raised to 100m euro when he signed a new 5 year contract. So there is a huge previous option now we have to take off the table for LB's.

Also, get ready to pull the other best actually available option. Alex Telles. He is on verge of signing new 5 year deal with a reported 75m euro release clause. Porto turned down 40m euro from Bayern (they already have Alaba at LB FFS!!! Greedy cunts!) at the end of the window 3 weeks ago.

Those were by far my 2 best options (along with the probably too expensive Sessegnon), as even IF Juve finally did agree to sell us Alex Sandro in the summer, he is probably too old now. I don't think we should pay £70m or so for a LB that we on get a season and a half out of before he turns 30. Remember there are only TWO superb LB's on planet over 28. Marcelo who turns 31 in May and is slowing down to point RM want Alonso for replacement, and Jordi Alba, who turns 30 in March.

With Gaya and (grrrr) Telles off the table, it's down to a pretty small number of acceptable level replacements. Manure is not going to sell Shaw.

TBH, I would take a healthy, pre-injury level Emerson over any of these except Sessegnon. But, is THAT Emerson ever going to emerge again? I am really getting worried. Also we need to try out Baba one final time.

In order (and none of these are easy pulls, all factors taken in, Firpo is probably best shot, as the first 3 will be so hard):

1. Ryan Sessegnon (IF we would use him as a left back, he is by far the best option, albeit will be crazy expensive)

2. Alejandro Grimaldo - Benfica (so many big clubs want him, our odds are poor)

3. Wendell - Bayer Leverkusen  (was a beast last night in the EL) BTW, it fucking sucks that Bayer has SO many players I drool over! Bailey, Havertz, Henrichs (gone now), Wendell, Tah, Retsos, 18yo Paulinho, (a probable superstar LW), Lucas Alario (striker option not discussed a lot), and Brandt.

4. Júnior Firpo - Real Betis (new addition, been watching him for 2 years, he is ready to play EPL ball, Shitty want him badly)

5. Layvin Kurzawa - PSG

6. Raphaël Guerreiro - Borussia Dortmund

7. Dalbert - Inter Milan

8. Theo Hernández - Real Madrid

9. Ferland Mendy - Lyon

10. Kieran Tierney - Celtic

11. Marcelo Saracchi - RB Leipzig 

12. Aarón Martín - Mainz

13. Borna Sosa - Stuttgart

14. Hamza Mendyl - Schalke

15. Jorge - Porto

16. Toni Lato - Valencia

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You